TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 20, 2008

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: General Chit Chat: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 20, 2008 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 24, 2008 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Hi, we don't have a general chit chat thread for movie talk that doesn't fit specific threads, so I decided to make one.

I have Tivo set to grab "Breakfast at Tiffany's" tomorrow. Would you believe I have never seen it? What has provoked to me to finally see it was those 2 movies showing all the time on cable about Truman Capote called "Infamous" and "Capote". I have heard Truman Capote's name all my life, but heck if I ever went out of my to find out who he was. After those two movies about him, I am very interested in his works.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Monday, March 24, 2008 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm not a big fan of old movies, although I've tried. However Breakfast at Tiffany's was one I did enjoy. I just don't think if it as something written by Capote. I also saw the bio-pic Capote and think of him for In Cold Blood.

I hope you enjoy Breakfast!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I don't generally watch old movies but I saw Mildred Pierce the other day and enjoyed it so much I have my PVR set to tape several other Joan Crawford flicks.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I love old films. There really are some greats that they just don't make anymore.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I love old movies.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Any Audrey Hepburn movie is amazing--I love the original Sabrina, and Funny Face (the dance in the Gap ad to "back in black" is from that film).

Marilyn Monroe is also always good--the Misfits is extremely well done. I also like Kim Novak in Bell, Book, and Candle-she plays a witch who puts a spell on Jimmy Stewart. Very funny to watch the "witchs as beatniks" club scene towards the beginning.

Also very good is North by Northwest, Hitchcock films in general.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I love Movie's like Giant, Arsenic and Old Lace, Gone with the Wind. I like that one Audrey Hepburn movie where she is blind...can't think of the name right now...

Darrellh

07-21-2004

Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Darrellh a private message Print Post    
We do a showing of classic old movies once a month at my church. I pick them out, mostly. This saturday night will be Some Like It Hot.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Thursday, March 27, 2008 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
The film "Some Came Running" is pretty intense. One of those dark American novel type movies. Shirley MacClaine is a wonderful in it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Some_Came_Running

Another intense movie is "They Shoot Horses, Don't They?" and the one with Donald Sutherland, the Day of the Locusts. Man, things were bad in the 30s, according to these films.

I also love the Philadelpia Story. It strikes a light and lovely tone. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I finally watched "Breakfast at Tiffany's".

After about 15 minutes, I realized I was forcing myself to watch the rest. It wasn't near as enjoyable as I had hoped. It finally got a little interesting when you find out she has an old ex husband. I did tear up when she went back to get her cat. Other than that, I feel kind of bad that I didn't love it like most reviews said I should.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
My daughter and I had a girls' weekend so last night we watched Waitress which really was a very sweet movie. And we watched Becoming Jane which we both loved as well.

This morning, we watched Serenity which I wasn't sure I would like but really enjoyed it. Nathan Fillion is very nice eye candy indeed.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I watched Martian Child today on paytv and I absolutely LOVED IT TO PIECES. I'm now interested in getting my hands on the book it's based on!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Mamie, Re; Waitress: Did you know that the gal who played the mousy waitress WROTE the movie and also was killed in real life just before the film opened. I didn't know that when I saw the film in the theatre, but then found out shortly thereafter... :-(

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Martian Child was one of the ones we thought about ordering on Pay Per View but got the other two instead.

I did know about Adrienne Shelly. Very sad.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I liked Becoming Jane when I saw it in the theatre, but found it forgettable in the long run. I saw it around the same time I saw the Beatrix Potter film, and they got mushed together in my head... (stupid but true)

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Mamie, have you watched the TV series Firefly? It was only one season, but it's the show that Serenity was based on. It was a lot lighter than Serenity - very funny show.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, April 27, 2008 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I never did watch it on TV but I'm thinking I might have to get the dvd because I enjoyed it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, April 28, 2008 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ladies, I've seen the occasional Firefly ep but what's Serenity? Is it a film?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, April 28, 2008 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It is a film. It's Firefly in a movie.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, April 28, 2008 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
'k thx Mamie.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, May 04, 2008 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
We had a ladies day at the movies today and went and saw Made Of Honor with Patrick "yummy" Dempsey. It was really a cute chick flick.

Urgrace

08-19-2000

Wednesday, May 07, 2008 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Urgrace a private message Print Post    
Mamie, we had a ladies day at the movies yesterday and saw Made Of Honor. I knew it would be light entertainment and was not disappointed in the fairy tale style of it.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Monday, May 12, 2008 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Ketchup, since you always seem to be in the know -- what's the deal with the animated Star Wars movie? We saw a clip before Speed Racer and I was thinking it was going to be a commercial for a video game, but it looked like a movie preview. I hadn't heard a thing about this! The animation didn't look all that hot to me.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Has anyone seen the new Narnia movie? There is nothing posted.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I saw it. Prince Caspian is a hottie. The movie is one bloodless battle after the next. I don't find either the first or second Narnia movie all that appealing to me. They are okay. I tried to read the first book as a kid and found it a bore.