TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 02, 2008

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: New on Video/DVD: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 02, 2008 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I can't find the old general discussion thread (where did it go?) so I hope it's ok for me to ask this question here.

Does anybody know the name of this movie? It is about some kids who live near the ocean and who have to move because their parents don't have the money to keep their home, but the kids go on an adventure find some kind of underground pirate treasure. I think it's a movie from the 80's.

The reason I am so vague on it is because the only time I ever saw it, I was so sore and sick from the flu, I basically only left it on the tv screen because I was too sick to change the channel.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
sounds like The Goonies!!! Loved that movie!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That's it, Kitt! Thank you so much! I have been dying to watch it while fully coherent and healthy to get the full story, but didn't know the name :-) LOL Thanks again.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, October 11, 2007 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You're welcome :-)

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, October 12, 2007 - 4:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
The Goonies! That was a staple of my youth. "Chunk loves Sloth"

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
LOVED the scene in Goonies where the pudgy kid is getting interrogated and "confesses" his balcony theater prank!

Dolphinschild

06-22-2006

Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dolphinschild a private message Print Post    
Goonies is one of my all time favorite movies! I have it on VHS and DVD lol.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It's a big favorite in our house too. We have the dvd and it has a great commentary with the stars of the movie.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am beginning to wonder if I somehow had disappeared from this earth for 20 years. Because I swear I never heard of Goonies until this thread..LMAO. (well, really I guess I would have heard of it while I sick a few months ago had I been more coherent..but still..that's 20 years I had never heard of it, sick or not.)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
We took the kids when they were small to see it and we've watched it again and again ever since. It's just great fun. You can't look at a Baby Ruth the same way again!

And a little side note, we are big Raider fans here and John Matusak played Sloth. "Hey you guys"

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, October 13, 2007 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
You must have Naja! We watch Goonies every time it comes on tv (quite often believe it or not!) plus I have the video somewhere around here. It's a family favorite!

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Sunday, October 14, 2007 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Uncle Buck is a good one from the 80s--always enjoy seeing it on TV years later. Ahh, the John Candy years. I liked the guy.

I like the films Pieces of April and Daytrippers, both "indie gems" that involve car trips, and/or Thanksgiving. They are both worth renting!

ETA Oops guess this should be in "under the radar"

Pamy

01-02-2002

Friday, November 23, 2007 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Happy Feet, I finally saw it...very cute, the storyline reminded me of Rudolph

Mictay

09-29-2006

Sunday, December 30, 2007 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Waitress,with Keri Russell,it was OK,it reminded me of the movie The Good Girl with Jennifer Aniston.

The Nanny Diaries,it was good,a couple real funny parts.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Sunday, December 30, 2007 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Waitress. IMO, I thought it was quite bad. Good idea and style for a movie, but very poorly executed. If the writer/director/co-star hadn't been murdered and Keri Russell wasn't in it, I doubt the movie ever would have been heard of.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, December 30, 2007 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I saw it the day before or the day after I saw Knocked Up. Now THAT was a WEIRD combo!

Loved Knocked Up/Liked Waitress.

BTW, anyone know if Knocked Up is out on video yet?

Herckleperckle

11-20-2003

Sunday, December 30, 2007 - 2:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Herckleperckle a private message Print Post    
I love Goonies, too! Also Uncle Buck. Great movie. Pieces of April was absolutely wonderful, imo.

Happy Feet was cute. (I have a hard time with animated films; shows my age, I guess.) Would like to see Ratatouille, though. (Hey, I just checked 'On Demand' on my Comcast channel and see that Ratatouille, Waitress, A Mighty Heart and Knocked Up are all listed!

If you've never seen Gods Must Be Crazy, I'll Do Anything, Jack, Muriel's Wedding, The Wedding Banquet, I'd recommend all!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, December 30, 2007 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
saw Next w/ Nick Cage.. ok, wouldnt want to pay more than 2.00 to see it!! Jessica Biel was totally miscast as his love interest...he looks his age (40s) and she looks in her 20s

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, December 30, 2007 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
he looks his age (40s) and she looks in her 20s

Pamy, Hollywood deliberately perpetuates that disparity... :-( You don't see much of it in reverse unless they want the woman to be a cougar.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, December 30, 2007 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Herkie for xmass I got Rattatouille from dh among his other gifties for me. I'm still waiting for him to take a moment to watch it with me. The 99th sequel may come out before that. LOL ;(

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, December 30, 2007 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I know Mame but with these 2 it was really obvious and very distracting, even my DH said so.

movie kinda sucked anyway, I was actually surpirsed it was greenlighted from start LOL

Urgrace

08-19-2000

Saturday, January 19, 2008 - 1:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Urgrace a private message Print Post    
Got Ratatouille for Christmas but haven't had a chance to view it yet.

Herckleperckle, I laugh every time we watch The Gods Must Be Crazy AND The Gods Must Be Crazy II. Those are funny movies.

I just got my copy of If A Man Answers with Sandra Dee and Bobby Darin.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, January 19, 2008 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
We're just finishing up Ratatouille w/DS this evening; we saw it in theaters and thoroughly enjoyed it. DH and I plan to watch Live Free, Die Harder -- FINALLY!! I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, January 19, 2008 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I got Ratatouille for Christmas too, but wasn't thrilled by it. It was fine, but forgettable for me. I'm a Shrek/Finding Nemo kinda gal.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have a funny story about "Ratatouille".

My brother takes his kids to see lots of movies, so I called him and asked if it's worth renting. I truly knew nothing about the movie, just that there was a rat in it. He said he didn't take the kids to this one, they saw it with the neighbors, so he put my 6 yo niece on the phone to tell me about it.

My niece spent 20 minutes telling me about this film. She loved all the aliens and told me all about the invasion, and she said I have to see it.

Needless to say, I was a little surprised when I saw it..LMAO