TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 09, 2007

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: New on Video/DVD: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 09, 2007 users admin

Pamy

01-02-2002

Monday, April 09, 2007 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Just got my 2nd Bond, Diamonds are Forever...loving it!!

Racinrach

11-16-2006

Friday, May 04, 2007 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Racinrach a private message Print Post    
I just rented Alpha Dogs it has Justin Timberlakes first movie preformance. I was kinda impressed at how well he did. It is based on actual events of the kidnapping of a 15 year old who's brother owed this guy money. It was a mess up situation and it just goes to show how stupid some kids can be.

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 12:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Just watched Alpha Dogs too, I liked it but boy was it heavy... I really liked the kid that played the 15yr old. seriously didnt relize it was a true story at first so it was pretty depressing to know it was... Good show.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Seinfeld season 8 comes out June 5, top of the muffin to you!

Yankee_in_ca

08-01-2000

Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yankee_in_ca a private message Print Post    
Anyone seen Little Children?

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yeah there are a few in my bedroom right now :-)

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 6:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I saw Little Children the other night, I liked it... its kinda depressing cause its got alot going on that is sad...broken lives... very disfunctional.... I like those kind of shows though..

Yankee_in_ca

08-01-2000

Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yankee_in_ca a private message Print Post    
I do, too, Chewpito. I found nearly everyone in the movie to be unsympathetic in one way or another. But I guess that's real life, isn't it?

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Monday, May 28, 2007 - 12:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I also watched "The rabbit proof fence" the other day... true story and very good and also sad or heartbreaking might be better... I really rooted for the three little girls in this one, they truly were the star's.

Yankee_in_ca

08-01-2000

Monday, May 28, 2007 - 8:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yankee_in_ca a private message Print Post    
Yes, Rabbit Proof Fence was great! Did you watch the extras on how they chose the girl actresses? They weren't actresses, if I remember correctly. The smallest one was so cute.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, May 28, 2007 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
The Fountain is very beautiful and weird.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Friday, June 01, 2007 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Hard Candy -- I thought I remember someone here talking about seeing it. It is a very intense film -- not for the faint of heart or your regular movie goer. I found my heart pounding during this film. It's disturbing but effective. Neither character is particularly likable but at times I found myself feeling sympathetic toward him. I found the first part of the film the most interesting and I was identifying with her and fearing for her, but then it takes a turn into the psychotic or sadistic. Can't recommend this movie to anyone though, but I won't forget it anytime soon.

Jedisan

01-11-2002

Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jedisan a private message Print Post    
Brenda - ITA. I loved "Hard Candy", but have no one really to recommend it to, other than TVCH'ers (LOL!) - I hate when that happens.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Jedisan -- how did you feel about the characters? Do you feel at all ambivalent toward the film. I really do.

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
How could you ever feel sorry for a pedophile?
He would have killed the girl if he could. I felt there had been a horrible tragedy in the girls life and she was taking on the role of an avenging angel. I felt sympathetic for the girl.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, June 02, 2007 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I agree, no feeling sorry for a pedofile. An adult who abuses a kid should be drawn and quartered.

The movie, Hard Candy, showed an extreme version of revenge/justice...I wish she'd have really cut the guy...

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Sunday, June 03, 2007 - 12:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Havent watched Hard Candy, but now Im being drawn to it... I tend to like the more disturbing movies and often dont recomend them as well or at least with out prior discussion.. I really liked "Mysterious Skin" It was one of those shows that is not for every one...and not for kids.. but I couldnt turn away,a very intense movie... two compleatly differant lives forever effected by one event...

I just finished watching "Notes on a Scandal".. I dont recall any mention of this film here, has any one seen it and what did think?... I liked it and never felt the urge to get up and step away...another "messed up" storyline..

Karen

09-07-2004

Sunday, June 03, 2007 - 12:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karen a private message Print Post    
Chewpito, your comment that you like the disturbing movies got me wondering... have you seen Requiem For A Dream?

I love those great mental mindf*** movies... I remember when Hard Candy came out and wanting to see it, haven't yet. Will have to make a point to, now.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Sunday, June 03, 2007 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
**** spoilers **** the reason I started to feel bad for the guy is that we are well into the film still not knowing how truely awful he is. the girl is clearly flirting with him and then torturing him. I felt manipulated by the film. It's not until nearly the end when we finally know he was somehow involved with that girl's disappearance. By that time I was just exhausted and not feeling a lot of sympathy for this girl who we know nothing about. She seemed psychotic to me, not just someone bent on revenge, but someone who got a kick out of this torturous mind game. I guess that's why I'm ambivalent toward the film. I can't identify with or like either of the characters by the time the film is over. The ending is not satisfying to me because there's no conclusion as to where she's headed. Seems like she's going to be a dangerous person.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Sunday, June 03, 2007 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Requiem for a Dream is a powerful film, and visually amazing. The drug abuse is startling and I think this is a film that has a powerful message. I remember thinking at the time it would be a good film for teenagers to see, except for the explicit sex scene. I understand why that scene is in there, to show just how far she'll go, the desperation to get money for drugs, but not a seen that's easy to watch or for teens.

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Sunday, June 03, 2007 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I love those great mental mindf*** movies...

Yes, so do I.. Reguiem for a Dream sounds familiar but I need to look it up, If I havent I will now for sure.. Has any one seen Mysterious Skin, it was really powerfull...

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Sunday, June 03, 2007 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
just looked and havent watched eather, so just put them in my queue.."netflixs"...

Pamy

01-02-2002

Friday, June 08, 2007 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I watched Alpha Dog, great acting but what a horrible thing to happen. My heart goes out to the kids family. It was especially painful watching this knowing it was true

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
The updated thriller, "The Hitcher", came out last week and I finally watched it. It was better than I thought it would be, and might warrant an actual purchase. I'd heard of Sophia Bush, but I'd never seen her in anything, and I gotta tell you, she's really a fantastic actress. If she concentrates on her career, she could be a huge star.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Saturday, June 09, 2007 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I cant get Alpha Dog off my mind, so many people knew about the situation and didnt speak up..but then again the kid seemed to like hanging with the guys.

Justin's character seemed to really like the kid so I was surprised he didnt just tell him to run instead of hinting to leave to go to store.

Sharon Stone did a great job acting in all that makeup.

I also rented Epic movie (silly fun)

Hanibal, and Stomp yard...havent watched yeet