TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 03, 2007

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: New on Video/DVD: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 03, 2007 users admin

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Does everybody know about Blockbuster's online/in-store exchange plan? You can bring an on-line rental(s) to a store and get a free rental(s). I imagine the free rental(s) would be entered on your on-line account.

Cndeariso

06-28-2004

Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cndeariso a private message Print Post    
from the Blockbuster website FAQ's:

Q. Will the movies I rent from the store be removed from my Queue?
A. No, the movies you rent from the store will not be removed from your online Queue. To get more of the movies you love, be sure to update your Queue and remove any duplicate titles.

i hope this helps, KL

Bob2112

06-12-2002

Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bob2112 a private message Print Post    
KL, the way I understand it, you are basically returning the movie to the store instead of mailing it back. It will be immediately credited to your account and your next movie in queue will be sent. This should get you your next movie faster since you don't have the delay of mailing it back.

Additionally, they will give you a free rental while you are in the store for each online movie you return. This is treated the same as if your just walked in and rented a movie. It will be due back at that store in a few days and will have nothing to do with your online account.

Basically, it will get you your next online queued movie faster and let you watch double the movies for the same price.

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
OMG Lycanthrope...thank you so much for your post. George & Joan Jacobs are good friends of ours and we have lost touch. Had no idea that their son, Glen (Kane) had made a movie. Now I have to watch it and then write them! How fun.

Have to tell you a story about that big tough Kane...he loves stray dogs! No matter what they are or what shape they are in. He brings them all home...his wife is a saint to put up with all those dogs!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, December 09, 2006 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Has anyone seen Take the Lead? It's on PPV and I'm looking for a chick flick for later this evening. If it's good, I'll order it. Thanks.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 09, 2006 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Kane is Glen Jacobs. I prefer the name Kane :-)
Is the undertaker really his brother? Thanks Bob :-)

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, December 09, 2006 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Take the Lead was good - normal feel good story

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, December 09, 2006 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Ketchup, the Undertaker is not really is brother. My son is a wrestling fan so I'm hep to these things.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, December 09, 2006 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Legal -- I rented it and enjoyed it. Good "teacher" movie. :-)

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, December 09, 2006 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
The Miracle Match is a pretty good inspirational feel good based on true life movie. I dont even know if it made theatres but its on DVD now and is about the 1950 US World Cup team, in one of the biggest upsets in sports history - and as always, its just as much about the journey as the ending :-)

and i dont remember one bad word in the movie :-)

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Does anybody else here like The Phantom of the Opera?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Love it! The Music Of The Night gives me chills.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking Take the Lead and Step Up might be a good double feature rental... ?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Mamie & KL, I'm more of a LES MIZ gal, than a PHANTOM gal... the second one is too creepy for me. The first one is a satisfying weepy. I've seen the play at least 4 times. Phantom at least once. Scared the bleep outta me. And I KNEW the story. LOL.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We love the Phantom. We've gone to see it live about five times. It's a bit over the top but it is an awful lot of fun.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
:-)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    

Jimmer - I admit that I am a yellow-bellied-sapsucker when it comes to my entertainment! LOL.

I love weepies and things that make me laugh or think. But shows that make me tense or make my skin crawl or make me jump out of my seat in fright, just not my thing.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, December 24, 2006 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
rented Wanda sick and tired...it was awesome, I love her!

I got Seinfeld season 4 for Christmas from my friend and am loving all the behind scenes stuff!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
behind scenes? ooh lala :-)

Would anybody here be interested in exchanging DVD's?

Pamy

01-02-2002

Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
buying them from each other or just trading and returning???

I have brand new never opened Lost season 1 that I would love to sell

KL...oohh lala that cracked me up!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, December 31, 2006 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I was thinking permanent trade but I'm open to other options.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, December 31, 2006 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I would trade Lost season 1 for any Alias season 2 or above

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I bought the Snakes on a Plane DVD today. :-)

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, January 02, 2007 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Pamy that's funny, I also have Lost season 1 unopened! I got so frustrated with their constant repeats every few weeks that I never could get into season 2.

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
I ordered my Snakes on A Plane from Amazon.com yesterday...be a couple of days before I get to watch mine!