TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 29, 2006

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: New on Video/DVD: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 29, 2006 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The movies these days are falling into two distinct categories for me - either I want to see them at the movies or I don't want to see them at all. So we're not using our netflix account much for movies either, although it's been great for tv shows so I wouldn't cancel.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
We rented the Ringer over the weekend because DH loves Johnny Knoxville and the only funny part of the Movie was "when the f*** did we get ice cream?"

Well, it was the only part I laughed at besides when there were some classic Jack Ass moments, like when he got hit in the boys with a water balloon.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Got United 93 today. For some reason I'm having a tough time accessing/playing the bonus features,specifically the twin towers. has anybody here seen it? what is it? thanks

Mygetaway

08-23-2000

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 5:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mygetaway a private message Print Post    
Rented this the other day and really liked it. It's all in subtitles though.

WATER
Following the sudden and unexpected death of her husband, a widowed child bride lashes out against her fate in the Hindu ashram where she is expected to atone for her sins in this humanistic drama, the third installment of filmmaker Deepa Mehta's Elemental Trilogy. Chuyia's (Sarala) husband has died, and religious doctrine dictates that she now retire to an ashram to atone for the sins that caused her husband's untimely death. As Chuyia bides her time among widows both young an old -- some accepting of their fate and some bitterly resentful -- the preadolescent widow's spirit remains unbroken and hopeful for a brighter future. ~ Jason Buchanan, All Movie Guide

I was looking forward to Friend's With Money, but unfortunately found it kind of slow.... (I dunno..lol) .

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, September 07, 2006 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Watched the Benchwarmers last night. It wasn't too funny, but David Spade was funny in it and Rob Schneider was actually kind of hot in it. Did I just say that?

The guy who plays Napolean Dynamite, what's his name? Well he's in this movie and he grosses me out big time in it.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 4:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Lucky # Slevin comes out on DVD today. Definitely worth a viewing imo. :-)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ketchup, just saw that you were male! Always thought you were female. That's made my brain feel very weird. Now I understand the Snakes on a Plane fetish :-).

Yep, Netflix should send me Lucky Number Slevin today, with any luck.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 - 1:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
LMAO I like messin with people :-)

Jedisan

01-11-2002

Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jedisan a private message Print Post    
Watched "The Matador" last night.
Both DH and I liked it very much. Lots of action and laughs.
Pierce Brosnan and Greg Kinnear and Hope Davis are all great.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, October 06, 2006 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
The X-Men 3 2 pack at WalMart is screwed up. The bonus disc is supposed to be a behind the scenes thing. Instead of that I got a comic book history thing. I have the widescreen movie. Allegedly the full screen version has the proper bonus disc. Also some movies come with 10 deleted scenes & others have 21. They're all suppose to have 10(I have 21). Here's a phone number to call if you have problems:18882232369

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Two Brothers is out on DVD now. Worth a look.

Hughs

10-03-2005

Friday, October 13, 2006 - 3:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hughs a private message Print Post    
Anyone know if Jack & Bobby is available on DVD?

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Ketchup, are you refering to "Two Brothers" out of Norway,subtitles.... I loved that show.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, October 15, 2006 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
No it's a movie about two tigers. circa 2004. Guy Pearce is in it.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Monday, October 16, 2006 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
For fans of the 7Up series, 49 UP is due in theaters and here's a link to an interview Roger Ebert did with the filmmaker.

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061012/PEOPLE/61012002

I love these movies and can't wait to see the latest chapter.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, October 20, 2006 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Watched Friends w/Money on PPV -- not at all what I expected (and not at all what I wanted tonight).

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Friday, October 20, 2006 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
It was a huge let down to me too, Teach.. too slow and drawn out for me....

Heyltslori

09-15-2001

Saturday, October 21, 2006 - 5:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heyltslori a private message Print Post    
That was a great interview Brenda...thanks for posting it! I'm really excited about 49 Up. I love this series!!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, October 22, 2006 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Exactly Chew -- not enough chuckles and the ending was just weird -- would rather have seen the ending date guy a bit more. What kind of last line is "I have problems too"??? I "get it" and understand how it was intended, but still didn't think it was a good ending.

Is "The Break Up" any better?

Rosie

11-12-2003

Saturday, November 25, 2006 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Wasn't sure where to post this?

March of the Penguins will be shown tonight, at 9 P.M., on Hallmark Channel.

Yay. I have been wanting to see this.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
just watched RV, wow it totally sucked!! what was Robin thinking, it always amazes me that comics cant tell the script is not funny!

we also saw John Tucker must die...ok movie, kinda cute, Dylan loved it..but he also thought RV was funny...so I dont forsee a career with Ebert for him

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Saw Being John Malkovich on Paytv. It's sooooo awful, worse than i expected and I expected it to suck, that I am going to call and complain on Monday to my cable company and hope for they will not charge me for it. I have done this once before, and they were nice enough to do this for me then. So here's hoping. (I also have a book I want to return too, because the bookstore has a return policy and the book is terrible. But that's another story for a different thread I suppose.)

Rosie

11-12-2003

Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
March of the Penguins started at 8 so I only watched a little of the end. I hate to miss the beginnings...but from what I saw, it was on the sad side. Sniff sniff.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
For fans of horror movies: Check out the Lions Gate/WWE production of a little movie called "See No Evil". WWE's Kane is the psycho killer, and he fits the role perfectly at 7'0", 400 lbs. This is a suprisingly good movie, with a little twist at the end. In flashbacks, it shows why the killer is a killer. If you're a fan of the genre, and you don't mind a little gore, check this little gem out.

Jedisan

01-11-2002

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jedisan a private message Print Post    
Let me say first, that I used to work for a cable company who's name will remain anonymous if you please. That said...
Mame, are you kidding me? "Being John Malkovich" is one of my favorite movies. I thought it was original, innovative, thoughtful and smart. Actually, the last film I like Cameron Diaz in (but I digress).
You state that you did not have high expectations of the film anyway, so why order it in the first place?
If there is a movie that I am not sure about, I rent it from the library, for free. That way, if I like it then no harm, but if I don't, then no feeling of being ripped off.
At the cable company I used to work at, we had a code in the system that identified people that called in for refunds for movies they weren't satisfied with. Decisions that they made a decision to request (pay for) in the first place.
I mean no disrespect when I ask would you request Blockbuster return your money because a movie did not live up to your expectations?
I also find sometimes that I enjoy a movie much more upon a second look (read: Lost in Translation)