TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 27, 2006

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: New on Video/DVD: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 27, 2006 users admin

Reiki

08-12-2000

Monday, June 19, 2006 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reiki a private message Print Post    
We watched "The New World" this weekend and I found it to be incredibly boring. I am a fan of history and early Colonial history in particular and it was almost unwatchable. Not because of the gross historical inaccuracies. I have come to expect those from fictionalize historical films. Not because of the cinematography. It is a beautiful film. The scenery was great.

The problems come with the lack of dialog, the rough cuts from scene to scene. The dialog that is there is mumbled or whispered narration. The characters rarely speak to each other during the entire film. I could have turned off the sound and not have noticed much difference. It was one of the most boring movies I have seen in a long time.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Monday, June 19, 2006 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Cool Brenda, I will ck that out

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Monday, June 19, 2006 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Reiki, I watched The New World last night, and I agree with you totally....I was up and down so much I guess you could say I really didnt watch it all... To bad cause I was kinda looking forward to it...Oh well.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, June 19, 2006 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
CN -- you MUST watch the rest of the Horse Whisperer. The redemption and healing in the movie is unbelievable! The movie is actually much more "happy ending" than the book -- but I loved them both.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Just saw Wedding Crashers....yawn....I cant believe ppl thought that was funny. I LOL once. It was cute movie, loved the idea but I was expecting to LOL the whole time from the way it was raved about

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Ha, I felt the same way Pamy..I know when ever im up and down walking around...Im just not into it....

Pamy

01-02-2002

Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL I even came in here and posted while the moving was going on ....I pretty much knew how it would end

I did like the daughter, she reminds me of Jen Garner

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
May I say that I did not like The 40yr virgin eather....I thought it was a cute concept but the show did nothing for me....

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
One of my favorite dance scenes is in Hope Floats or maybe it's just the line he uses - "Dancing is just a conversation between two people. Talk to me."

Nt, was just saying to a friend this evening that it's time to watch "Hope Floats" again. We both like it. Hadn't remember that line -- Harry to Sandra? 'At's a good one!

**I need a cool breeze again. Harry does it for me.**

Another good hot movie from years back ('63) -- "Hud" with Patricia Neal, Brandon De Wilde, and a young Paul Newman.

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Monday, June 26, 2006 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
well this is def not for the weak of heart,it makes the woodsman look like seseme street..but I think it was done well and a riveting topic..this is about sexual abuse the tragic outcome.. NOT for children.. "Mysterious Skin". Its not a happy movie but a tragic one, the acting is great and it sucks you in.

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Monday, June 26, 2006 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
I watched Unfinished Life and I loved it. I renewed my crush on Robert Redford. Morgan Freeman was terrific as always. I don't understand why this movie didn't get better reviews. Sometimes I think the critics are so down on J-Lo they just ignore a great movie. I highly recommend it...4 stars.

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Monday, June 26, 2006 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I really liked Unfinished Life too granny...I thought it was really good...

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
well I just randomly picked this up the other day,it said it was a little about the vietnam war and civil rights movement,peace/love..I didnt realy have high expectations for it becaus I had never heard any thing about it but thought id give it a try...ended up, I really liked this alot...cryed alot and was glad I watched it...."Soldiers Of Change".. the cover looks like it is a war movie and "a little it is" but its mostly a love story between a white man and a black girl...and tolerance and well,... you can decide for your self..

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 4:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I just signed up for a free trial with blockbuster.com

Cdbga

10-04-2004

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cdbga a private message Print Post    
I've been using blockbuster.com for a couple of months ketchup. What I like about blockbuster vs. some of the other online plans I've tried, is that you also get monthly coupons for free in-store rentals. There are a lot of things you can get online that aren't in the stores (like full seasons of Dark Angel & Battlestar Gallactica), but I still have the option of stopping by a store if I am just in the mood for a movie I didn't order that week!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Do you have to have a printer for those coupons?
I don't have a printer. Do you have the rewards membership too?

Has anybody else seen Oldboy? If not I highly recommend it :-)

Cdbga

10-04-2004

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cdbga a private message Print Post    
Yes, you would need a printer for the coupons. Perhaps you could stop by a public library and print them. They usually charge per page, but not much (I'm thinking I paid $.10/pg last time I needed to print something). Or maybe you could print them at work...or have a friend print them. Guess it all depends on how much you really want to print those coupons! I'm extremely frugal, so I take any coupon I can get!

I am a member of the rewards program, but I signed up for that before signing up for the online rentals. Now that I'm doing the online rentals and getting the free coupons (1 free movie per week), I doubt I'll renew the rewards program. Online rentals don't count towards the rewards program and the only movies I plan to rent at the stores from now on are the free ones, so the rewards program will no longer do many any good.

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
Glory Road was really good. Maybe I am a sucker for basketball movies. Hoosiers is one of my favorites. Glory Road is now competing with it.

Ketchup... I have Oldboy up on my queue.

Cdbga

10-04-2004

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cdbga a private message Print Post    
Melfie, Hoosiers is one of my favorites, too (I can't resist watching it any time it is on), so I will have to check out Glory Road. I think I'll add that to my queue right now. Thanks! Have you ever seen "Passing Glory"? It was a TNT original movie...I work at Turner, in the Video On Demand department, and it was one of our TNT offerings not long ago. I'm not sure if it is on video...but it is a basketball movie, so if you come across it, you might want to check it out (it might even still be available on VOD, we work on things about a month before they start on VOD).

I just watched "The Ringer" and really liked it, which surprised me because it is not my usual kind of movie. But, we've had these extended trailers of it on our packages at work and it looked funny, so I checked it out.

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 5:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
cdb... I just found Passing Glory on Netflix and added it to my queue. Thanks!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 20, 2006 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I just saw Hide & Seek. Hated it.

Cndeariso

06-28-2004

Monday, July 24, 2006 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cndeariso a private message Print Post    
OMG, dh & i just finished watching Chocolat and it was wonderful! dh was totally surprised that he liked the movie. i had no idea what to expect. i love johnny depp and even though his role was not a main character he was great.

i told dh that i thought depp was much sexier than orlando bloom and he said "hell, i'm straight and even i think he's sexier than orlando!" now, that is what i call an endorsement. my dh never thinks another man looks good.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I've always pref'd Depp over Bloom. Heh heh.

Saggkl

07-17-2002

Thursday, August 17, 2006 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
i prefer Johnny Depp over anybody except Pierce Brosnan.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, August 27, 2006 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I cancelled my Blockbuster account.