TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 19, 2006

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: New on Video/DVD: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 19, 2006 users admin

Eeyoreslament

07-20-2003

Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Eeyoreslament a private message Print Post    
I actually liked the Aristocrats.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 21, 2006 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Anyone else watch "Enron:The Smartest Guys in the Room"? I liked that over Capote.

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Monday, May 22, 2006 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I watched "Tristan & Esolde" last night and loved it.. any one else watch this..

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, May 22, 2006 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I'm not surprised Eeyoreslament liked the Aristocrats. Even his/her face is blue. :-)

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Monday, May 22, 2006 - 1:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Chewpito -- I love James Franco but haven't seen this yet. I'm adding it to my Netflix queue.

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Monday, May 22, 2006 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I think youll like it..I was glued to my set.

Jhonise

07-10-2003

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jhonise a private message Print Post    
I just watched Match Point and I thought it was so good. The actors were amazing and the direction was fantastic.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was great!!!! I am surprised there isn't a thread for it.

I loved the narration. It was funny and a good drama. I hope they all wk together again!

Started watching Pink Panther, ok so far, some funny parts

I have Trisan for tomarrow

Hypermom

08-13-2001

Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
I watched An Unfinished Life and Glory Road last night. Very good movies, imo.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I loved An Unfinished Life, too, Hypermom. Caught it on PPV and told my mom about it. Something about Redford on a horse just makes me drool. :-) Love Morgan Freeman, too.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Teach, have you seen The Horse Whisperer? Redford and horses, though I can't remember if he's ever actually on a horse in it. But what I do remember is IMO one of the all-time hottest (sensual) scenes in any movie -- Redford and Kristin Scott Thomas dancing. They don't say a word. They don't need to.

**running to open the window to cool off**

Hypermom

08-13-2001

Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Teach, Redford was just hot in the movie. :-) He looked so good with his scruffy face and messy hair. The banter between Redford and Freeman made me laugh.

Color, loved that movie too. That dance scene was so good.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, Color -- numerous times!! I had a hard time watching it the first time because it was SOOO different from the book, but Redford definitely helped me overcome that issue. :-)

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
ah, dance scenes. i can't tell you how many times i have watched 'michael' to see john travolta dancing with all the gals in the bar, angel feathers sweeping the floor under his 'duster' coat. even the guys in the bar thought it was hot and got up to dance. i am not even particularly a travolta fan; i just love that scene...

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Tabby, I love that scene!

Westtexan

07-16-2004

Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Westtexan a private message Print Post    
I still think Robert Redford is the most handsome actor to ever come out of Hollywood.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I am watching Tristan and Isolde and they are so hard to understand, I dont know if I have a bad dvd but the first 45 min I had no clue what was going on.

It is an ok movie, I am not in love with it like so many are at my wk

Kiss Kiss was way better

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
Tabby I went and bought the music from Michael and it always puts me in a light-hearted mood just like the movie does!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Don't think this is "new" on DVD, but we just watched Zathura today. DS loved it. :-)

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I loved Zathura

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
RE Tristan and Isolde.....I didnt like the end...I wish they would have told us what became of Isolde..did she stay married to king and learn to love him???

I felt sorry for the king and therefore didn't really like their love story..didnt even make me teary eyed at end

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Monday, June 19, 2006 - 12:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I really liked Zathura too...cute show.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Monday, June 19, 2006 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I didn't like Tristan and Isolde much either. I was quite bored by it and kept wondering just how awful everyone smelled because they looked so dirty. LOL. I really wanted to like this film because I adore James Franco, but it seemed all he got to do was stand there with tears in his eyes looking sad.

I'm wondering if Anapolis is any good -- it looks pretty bad but I'm going to rent it to see my boy James.

If you liked Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, check out Lucky Number Slevin when it comes out. I loved both of those movies.

Cndeariso

06-28-2004

Monday, June 19, 2006 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cndeariso a private message Print Post    
colordeagua, after the opening scene of Horse Whisperer I quit watching. i know it was only a movie but i couldn't get past the horse getting hit by a tractor trailer. i had no advance warning from anyone that was going to happen and i sat there in shock. i have no idea what else happened in the movie. i can't watch it. it hurt my soul.

Native_texan

08-24-2004

Monday, June 19, 2006 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Native_texan a private message Print Post    
One of my favorite dance scenes is in Hope Floats or maybe it's just the line he uses - "Dancing is just a conversation between two people. Talk to me."