TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 20, 2006

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: New on Video/DVD: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 20, 2006 users admin

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
No I keep hitting eject. Ouch!!!!!!!!!

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
did ketchup 'come' out? or were you playing a 'blank' tape?!

gosh, i will never look at my vcr the same again...at least without laughing.

Darrellh

07-21-2004

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Darrellh a private message Print Post    
is that on sp, lp, or slp?

Reiki

08-12-2000

Wednesday, March 22, 2006 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reiki a private message Print Post    
I prefer ep (extended play) myself.

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Friday, March 24, 2006 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
but what do you prefer when someone else is there, too, reiki?

Jedisan

01-11-2002

Sunday, March 26, 2006 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jedisan a private message Print Post    
We have watched so far "Kicking and Screaming", "The History of Violence", still have yet to watch "Finding Neverland". I know it's an old movie, but I have always wanted to see it.
We really liked K&S. It was so funny. The scenes at the coffee house are the best.
History of violence is VERY good. I love Viggo Mortenson....

Babyruth

07-19-2001

Friday, March 31, 2006 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyruth a private message Print Post    
We rented "The History of Violence" and thought it was good. Would have preferred less graphic violence and more graphic steamy sex scenes, though :-)

Reiki

08-12-2000

Friday, March 31, 2006 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reiki a private message Print Post    
With Viggo Mortenson in a movie more steamy sex scenes are always preferable.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I meant that when I hit eject I get ejected from my bed.

ps. Snakes on a Plane 8-18-06

Jhezzie

07-05-2001

Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jhezzie a private message Print Post    
Snakes!!! The story seems sooooo over the top, I gotta see it, lol! That is, of course, if it's not some elaborate April Fool's-Punk'd kinda joke.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, April 01, 2006 - 11:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Murderball another good documentary although for once I would say not for young kids due to language… you can imagine how pro athletes talk J this is about the US National wheelchair rugby team, with some great rivalry stories with Canada and they go to the 2004 Paraolympics in Athens.. but its more than that – all levels of people coping with their disability – including new men still recovering and some from the Iraq war who get to see what is actually out there for them to do, instead of just be in bed all day. Nicely done – just be ready for language and a little sexual overtones.

North Country – I thought this too was very well done. Great story about the first sexual harassment suit in the US in the 1980s in Minnesota iron mines – and the actors all did a great job at portraying the different levels and emotions involved in such work – those who get mad, those who dismiss it out of fear, those who play along, those who try to play along but still suffer the abuse, etc and how hard it is to actually speak up, but also how important it is to do so. See it on DVD when you can!!

Wimbledon – pretty decent love story. It’s the normal kind but I enjoyed it and liked the male actor and the idea of him being the underdog in the tournament while meeting the famous female star etc etc … it just was a sweet movie and worth renting.

Must Love Dogs – a romantic story that I loved – everything about it was sweet and good and even the twists were well done if not normal. SEE IT!

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
started to watch 'brokeback mountain' and could not get into it at all. the first sex scene came up and i ejected the dvd and had no desire to finish watching. (i don't like watching sex for any two people, so it's not that it wasn't 'hetero' sex...i think the 'violence' bothered me). i returned it and have no desire to ever watch it in full.

Wendo

08-07-2000

Thursday, April 06, 2006 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wendo a private message Print Post    
Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy it Tabbyking.

Personally, I LOVED Brokeback Mountain. One of my favorite flicks of 2005.

Bbfanatic

08-14-2000

Monday, April 17, 2006 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbfanatic a private message Print Post    
I am looking forward to Match Point coming out on DVD April 25. It is a Woody Allen movie w/ Scarlett Johansson.
Suppose to be really good.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Monday, April 17, 2006 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I saw it and it's a very different Woody Allen. It's more like his movie Crimes and Misdemeanors. It's no Annie Hall. It's good though.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, April 30, 2006 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
saw Dick and Jane...it was ok, could have been a lot funnier.

Rented White Chicks, havent watched it yet

Bbfanatic

08-14-2000

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbfanatic a private message Print Post    
I LOVED Match Point. Great twists and the acting was superb. My favorite Woody Allen movie by far. Scoop comes out July 28th. Scarlett is in it too. Cant wait!

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Bbfanatic -- have you seen Woody's Crimes and Misdemenors? It's in that same vein. Very good and not what you think of when you think of Allen.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
White Chicks was sooo funny, yes I'm 12

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 04, 2006 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I admit to enjoying it too, Pamy, but I'm probably pushing 13.

Reiki

08-12-2000

Friday, May 19, 2006 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reiki a private message Print Post    
We just watched Capote and I got to say I think this movie was robbed during awards season. Of the movies nominated for the best picture Oscar, I have now seen all but Munich. I thought Capote was a much better film than either Brokeback Mountain or Crash.

Philip Seymour Hoffman got a very deserved best actor nod, but Dan Futterman should have been honoured with best writing of an adapted screenplay. Amazing stuff.

The direction and cinematography was also excellent. Now don't get me wrong, I loved loved loved Good Night, Good Luck and think George did a terrific job directing and I would have given him that award to go with his best supporting actor trophy for Syriana, but man Capote just rocked!

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 5:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Ooh, thanks for the reminder, Reiki. I have the day to myself I think I'm just going to watch Capote finally.

Yankee_in_ca

08-01-2000

Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yankee_in_ca a private message Print Post    
I thought Capote was better than Munich or Crash, actually. It wasn't the best ever, but it was good.

I was sorely disappointed by Munich.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Yanks, I haven't seen either of those movies either. I'm still paying the price for making Colossus go see "The Aristocrats." I'm still getting the stink-eye over that one. It's been a near-total blackout on the movie-going tip LOL.

Ginger1218

08-31-2001

Saturday, May 20, 2006 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ginger1218 a private message Print Post    
I hate to say it, but I absolutely hated Capote. I think he did any incredible job, but I hated the movie. It was just creepy. I am sorry I wasted my time watching it.