TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 21, 2006

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: New on Video/DVD: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 21, 2006 users admin

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Theaters will not perish as teens need a place to go to get away from parents.

I love movie theaters and take my DD, age 4, whenever I can find an appropriate movie. The theater near us has kid films where only the kid has to pay to get in. They are trying to grow a new set of movie theater goers and I hope they are successful.

I love the movie theater. Home theater just isn't the same.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Brenda, no matter what, it isn't the same, I agree. But with the new technology out there, there sure is some fun stuff going on. Last year a neighbor here projected the whole World Series on the side of his white house. Now that was definitely more fun than even a 60 inch tv :-)

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
That does sound like fun!

Theaters will change and evolve, but I don't see them disappearing. Didn't everyone think the movies would mean the death of live theater?

In the summer they show movies at Red Rocks. I've never been but I can't think of a better setting.

There's still a large enough segment of the population that wants to get out of the house, go somewhere and sit in a room with people for a shared experience. Similar to going to a concert.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I give it a week :-)

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
i have gone to the theater maybe 3 times in the last 5 or 6 years. they come out on video so quick!
the main problem we are having now is that our dvd player is at the north house. did you know that they only release movies in DVD now? no copies of "flight plan" or "north country" or anything in VHS. my dd was told they were 'out of' vhs tapes. turns out, new movies aren't even released in vhs anymore! our entire, i mean entire, hollywood video was empty of all VHS tapes except for some very old movies and things they were selling, which were also at least a year old.
when they looked up their mailing lists, they discovered the movies are being made in DVD format only. so we can't rent anything until we are up north!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking if you have a 'North' AND a 'south' house ya can spring for another dvd player LOL

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
well, the problem is we are paying for a north and south house but our jobs have gone only 'south'...so we are paying for two houses with NO income!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL, I hear ya! I often wish we could move our CA house to the MO lot!

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Thursday, March 09, 2006 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
i wish i could move mine to the CBS lot.....

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Tuesday, March 14, 2006 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
"History of Violence" and "Good Night and Good Luck" were released today. (I didn't see either in the theater.) Rented both today. I knew very little of the story line of HOV. Interesting. Obviously, it's violent. Very violent. Very good cast. Though I haven't seen much of her previously, I've always liked Maria Bello since she was on ER in its early years. And then there's Viggo Mortensen.... Will watch GNAGL tomorrow.

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Wednesday, March 15, 2006 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
GNAGL sounds like gnocci and a bagel all rolled into one!
pamy will be happy to know dh sprang for 44-dollar DVD player at wallyworld when he was home for the weekend. dd was able to rent the movies she wanted and we weren't out big bucks. heck, if 4 people went to one movie and shared a popcorn and sodas, it would be 44 bucks! :-)

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
It took 48 days but I finally got my refund from intelliflix.com

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, March 16, 2006 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ketchup, I keep seeing comments from you regarding Intelliflix, but I must have missed what originally happened. What were you fighting with them about, if you don't mind me asking?

Saggkl

07-17-2002

Friday, March 17, 2006 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
I want to see Good Night and Good Luck. About Edward R. Murrow. When news men weren't afraid to tell the news like it really was.

Saggkl

07-17-2002

Friday, March 17, 2006 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Saggkl a private message Print Post    
They aren't making anymore blank VHS tapes anymore either. No more taping things.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, March 17, 2006 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I didn't like the companies performance. I also feel they are morally bankrupt. Imo the worst online business period. They need to be shut down!!!!!!!! ARRRRRRRGH

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 17, 2006 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They aren't making any more blank VHS tapes???

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
well, that's okay for now about them no longer making blank VHS tapes, because i think i moved about 16 huge boxes of tapes up north. they can't all be things i want to watch again, so i'll have plenty of 'blank' tapes to use for recording things on tv.
i just hate that we don't have a choice anymore. i hate it when people call my records or my albums 'vinyls'. i hated that we had to look all over for a turn-table stereo for my dd 4 christmases back so she could enjoy my albums.
i finally got over my betamaxes, though!

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Saturday, March 18, 2006 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
No more blank video tapes? Crap. I better run to Target and buy a bunch. They are great for taping things for DD. I guess I better start shopping for a DVD recorder. I had hoped to wait until Christmas.

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Sunday, March 19, 2006 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
brenda, buy the DVD/DVR combo. it's about 80 bucks at walmart or k-mart.
how sad, though, for the end of vhs. the end of an era! and tabby gets older....

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Monday, March 20, 2006 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Tabby. I need to research the DVR players because I really want a nice one with lots of features and good quality. My current VCR is very fancy and can do a lot of things most VCR's can't (like change the cable channel for me, enabling me to tape shows into the future while I'm on vacation and before the cable schedule is available on cable).

I do have a cheap VCR/DVD combo -- and you get what you pay for. It's CHEAP! So I won't mind paying $300 to get what I really want. I just have to find time to do the research. Normally I'm not this far behind with new techonology. LOL. One reason I want to DVR is so that I can tape all of my laserdiscs and get rid of that player before it craps out on me.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Monday, March 20, 2006 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it is sad about the demise of the VCR. I honestly think I'm going to have to have one around, like I do my turntable. I don't intend to copy all my VHS stuff onto DVD -- who has the time?

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, March 20, 2006 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I sleep with my VCR :-)

Darrellh

07-21-2004

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Darrellh a private message Print Post    
do you keep hitting fast forward?

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
darrell, i would guess every once in a while ketch might need a break and hit 'pause'. :-)