TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 07, 2006

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: New on Video/DVD: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 07, 2006 users admin

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Our public library checkouts for the holidays were:

"Pay It Forward"
"Children of Heaven" and
"Weeping Camel"

All were charming and wonderful, in their own way. We have a range of ages in our home and everyone got involved in each story in a good way.

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Tuesday, January 03, 2006 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Oh thanks for puting down "Childred of Heaven", I just looked it up and saw that its done by the same person that did, "The color of Paradise" about a little blind boy in Iran... I loved it, so i will def look this movie up... and the Weeping Camel looked good as well...thanks.

Cndeariso

06-28-2004

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cndeariso a private message Print Post    
watched charlie & the chocolate factory last night. i liked the movie. the dentist thing was weird though. setting that part aside the ending was different than the gene wilder movie which i still love.

i have no problem with either movie. and, they are so different and similar at the same time that it is hard to compare them. i like each of them for different reasons.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I saw Children of Heaven in 1999 so I can't remember a thing about it, but I gave it 3 out of 4 stars so I must have liked it quite a bit.

I gave Pay it Forward a thumbs down because I thought the ending was totally manuipulative.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
intelliflix.com sucks so far. still haven't gotten any dvd's. GRRRRRRR

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Saturday, January 14, 2006 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
This is definitely not "new" on video but wanted to share it anyway. I rewatched a movie last night from 1968, "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" with Alan Arkin, who plays a deaf-mute. He touched the lives of various people, who all needed him in some way, yet no one reached out to him. He was so lonely. The ending brought me to tears, once again.

Has anyone seen this film? Remember it? It also had a good performance by Stacy Keach and Cicely Tyson. Arkin was nominated for an Oscar, I believe.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, January 16, 2006 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Last night, I watched Ebert and Roeper list the ten worst films of the year. I don't know why, but I always enjoy shows that name the real stinkers...cause I ordinarily find Ebert and Roeper's reviews awful and I disregard most things they say about films. Here are the worst films of the year:

Ebert
10. "Fantastic Four"
9. "Elektra"
8. "Undead"
7. "Constantine"
6. "Doom"
5. "Son of the Mask"
4. "D.E.B.S."
3. "Dirty Love"
2. "The Dukes of Hazzard"
1. "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo"

Roeper
10. "The Legend of Zorro"
9. "Bewitched"
8. "Guess Who?"
7. "The Man"
6. "Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous"
5. "Stealth"
4. "The Longest Yard"
3. "Monster-In-Law"
2. "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo"
1. "The Dukes of Hazzard"

I'd like to congratulate Dukes of Hazard and Duce Bigalow for appearing on both lists. I had the misfortune of seeing Dukes of Hazard, and I think it's fair top put it right up there with the worst. Monster in Law was pretty bad, to be sure, but one of the ten worst? I donno about that. Bewitched was, though. So was Longest Yard. I consider myself fortunate to have missed the rest of these winners.

Julieboo

02-05-2002

Monday, January 16, 2006 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Julieboo a private message Print Post    
Anyone know which (possible) oscar contenders are on DVD right now?

Rslover

11-19-2002

Monday, January 16, 2006 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Here are their best movie picks of 2005
Ebert
1. Crash*
2. Syriana
3. Munich
4. Junebug*
5. Brokeback Mountain
6. Me and You and Everyone We Know*
7. Nine Lives
8. King Kong
9. Yes*
10. Millions*

Roeper
1. Syriana
2. The New World
3. Crush
4. Munich
5. Nine Lives
6. Capote
7. Brokeback Mountain
8. History of Violence
9. Walk the Line
10. 40 Year Old Virgin*

*on dvd
also, Hustle & Flow, The Constant Gardener, Enron

Pamy

01-02-2002

Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Just saw Red Eye, was it known that Survivor COlby was in it?? I had no idea!

That Rachel looks just like Jen Garner

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 11:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
wow, surprised that brokeback and walk the line didn't score higher. i hear only raves about both of them (except my niece didn't like brokeback much)...
walk the line didn't even make one list!

i am waiting to see nanny mcphee. looks like my kind of movie!! mary poppins mixed with matilda.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Saturday, January 21, 2006 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Ebert and Roeper are really "critics" for the flyover. I don't think most people outside that demographic take them too seriously. Brokeback has won both the NY and LA Film Critics Awards, IIRC.

Maris

03-28-2002

Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I just watched The Smartest Guys in the Room and it was really great!!!

Regarding Ebert and Roper, I wouldnt have rated Munich so highly, it wasnt all that great. I would have rated Capote higher and I havent seen brokeback mountain yet so.........I also think Goodnight and Goodluck should have made that list.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Red Eye wasn't as good as I was expecting. I actually went to get Flight Plan and didn't realize it comes out monday

We also just got Tyler Perry collection to give to Grandma, she said for us to watch it first, it looks good, anyone see any of those?

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, January 22, 2006 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I just found out that Le Samourai [1967], one of my favorite films, is finally available on DVD! WooHoo! Alain Delon plays a paid assassin and he's hotter than Hades. Yeah, it's subtitled, but there's not much dialogue. It's the coolest of cool movies. Very sexy, very smooth. Very existential, very jazzy. If you think Bonnie and Clyde was great filmmaking--and it was!--this film trumps that one several times over.

Rent it if you have a good DVD place near you. I think I'll be buying it.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, January 27, 2006 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I cancelled my intelliflix account. You can all resume your lives now :-)

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, January 27, 2006 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
It looks like intelliflix is just a scam :-(

Stay tuned there may be a class action lawsuit coming.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, February 04, 2006 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Does anyone go to Apple movie trailers? You can see movie trailers for new movies and future ones. I just saw sone intersting trailers for The Hills Have Eyes, The Fountain, Night Watch and the new Superman movie. Check it out and tell me what you think. http://www.apple.com/trailers/

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, February 23, 2006 - 1:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Just saw Domino, Zathura, and SAW 2. Domino is awesome, and unbeknownst to me beforehand, is based on a true story. Zathura is more of a kids fanstasy adventure, and SAW 2 is cool if you like that kind of horror-gore flick.

Vacanick

07-12-2004

Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vacanick a private message Print Post    
I think I may be the last person to see "Wedding Crashers" ... it was hilarious! How cute was Vince Vaughn & Owen Wilson?? Thumbs up!

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I finally watched Grizzly Man last night. It was very strange and disturbing. So of course I loved it.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Saturday, March 04, 2006 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I just watched Saw 2...not as good as the first but still pretty suspensful with good twists. I really enjoyed the 'making of' features on the dvd.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, March 06, 2006 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I wonder how long it will be before the extinction of the theaters.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Monday, March 06, 2006 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
There will always be a few movies I want to see on big screen but most are just fine on dvd.

I plan to see Pirates in the theater

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
For certain movies, I couldn't imagine missing them in theatres, but my brother did make the most incredible set up when he redecorated his rec room. He got a HDTV projector and a DVD projector, along with an incredible sound system and left one entire wall blank white to project onto. It's as close to a theatre experience that I have ever experienced away from the theatre. I wish I had the money to spend on toys like he has.