TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 01, 2005

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: New on Video/DVD: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 01, 2005 users admin

Konamouse

07-16-2001

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
1) Possible Golden Ticket gets you a chance to win some prizes online.
2) Very nice chocolate smell when you open the package.

Native_texan

08-24-2004

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Native_texan a private message Print Post    
I really have not cared for Johnny Depp since he assumed his new persona, complete with French accent, and only saw this movie because my son wanted to. I have to admit I loved it.

Yankee_in_ca

08-01-2000

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 3:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yankee_in_ca a private message Print Post    
OT -- I hear ya Native_texan, but I can tell you this -- if you are around a partner and in a country with an "accent" different than that of your own, you sometimes do pick it up without even realizing it. Just ask my friends and family who are constantly teasing me about my "Canadian accent" -- one that I swear I didn't TRY to pick up! DH is Canadian and I've lived here for the past 8 years, and it just happened. :-) Even though it causes me embarassment.

Oh and ON topic -- I too loved this movie!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I loved it even though I didn't understand it fully :-) -in response to Lori

Heyltslori

09-15-2001

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heyltslori a private message Print Post    
I didn't understand it fully the first time either Ketchup...so I watched it again. I still didn't fully understand it! lol I talked to a friend about it and he said that he felt that the initial guys, that you see from the start...were doubles! That's not how I saw it, but it's an interesting concept! Anyway...like you, I really enjoyed it!!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
neato :-)

Darrellh

07-21-2004

Sunday, November 20, 2005 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Darrellh a private message Print Post    
Saw the new DVD release of Titanic. The 45 minutes of deleted scenes fleshed out the minor characters a lot more. The alternate ending was not good.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Monday, November 21, 2005 - 12:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
just watched the new Willy Wonka, it sucked with a capitol Suck!

It had none of the suspense the first one did, the ompa songs were horrible, couldn't understand what they were saying. None of them were catchy tunes like the first one.

You didn't even feel you knew any of the characters, now I got to go rent the old one, I feel so unsatisfied

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, November 21, 2005 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Blasphemy, Pamy!

I watched Traffic last night for the first time since I saw it in the theatres. Damn it's good. I'd forgotten how good it was. Maybe I was in a mood when I went to see it. I think I need to own the DVD now.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Monday, November 21, 2005 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Tish, you liked Wonka? I have such fond memories of the first one, saw it 3 times the first day, maybe that is why this didn't live up to my expectations...not even close

Hypermom

08-13-2001

Monday, November 21, 2005 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Pamy, I'm with you. I watched it this weekend and didn't like it. I love the old version much more. Depp was good and quirky though.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Monday, November 21, 2005 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I actually thougth Wilder was more quirky, I was expecting Depp to be off the hook

Urgrace

08-19-2000

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 9:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Urgrace a private message Print Post    
Watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with the grandkids when they were here and out of five stars I give it two..

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Cinderella Man is out on DVD. :-)

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Saturday, November 26, 2005 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
This has been out for quite awhile, but i really loved it, "Raising Vincent Vargus", also, thanks Tish for the thumbs up on "Rise", rented and loved it, watched it twice, and was compleatly glued to my seat, was in tears at the end just from the emotions it pulled from me...Thanks..

Pamy

01-02-2002

Saturday, November 26, 2005 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I rented the orignal Willy Wonka......I feel totally satisfied now!!!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 9:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
ooh la la :-)

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, November 27, 2005 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL KL!!!

I just watched Monster in Law..meh, wasn't as funny as I thought it would be but Jane looked awesome!!!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, November 28, 2005 - 3:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
New movies on DVD the last few weeks...Stealth, Bewitched, War of The Worlds, Sahara...

Sahara was pretty good. Nothing earthshaking, but it held my attention for two hours. Penelope Cruz is always a draw for me, but the story was pretty compelling by itself.

Bewitched wasn't at all what I thought it would be. I had a hard time getting into it, although it did have some very funny moments, and was very touching at times.

War of The Worlds...was pretty good, but not as good as it thinks it is. Cruise did okay with a shallow character, and Dakota Fanning was fabulous as usual. The aliens were cliche', but scary nonetheless. And there were some very tense scenes...

Stealth...I haven't watched yet...but it's got Jessica Biel in it, so that's reason for any male to purchase the movie...as someone once recently noted: Jessica Biel has the best ass in Hollywood. Plus she can act a bit...

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, November 28, 2005 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Jenna Von Oy has the best ass in Hollywood.

Heyltslori

09-15-2001

Monday, November 28, 2005 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heyltslori a private message Print Post    
I'd vote for Taye Diggs myself. :-)

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, November 28, 2005 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Chewpito, I'm glad you liked Rize! I didn't know it was out on DVD yet...I might have to buy it.

I just bought The Streisand Specials....a five DVD set of her television shows from the mid 60s through 1972. The first two, especially, as simply magic. She really had a talent that just transcends time. I find her almost insufferable now, but in those early shows there is something in her voice and manner--a hunger, a growl in her voice that is no longer there--that is just palpable. It's hard to believe it when you watch her first show that she was only 23.

The last show of the series, Barbra Streisand and Other Musical Instruments is more or less a dud, but I don't care. I think it was worth it just to see My Name is Barbra, Color Me Barbra, and A Happening in Central Park.

Jedisan

01-11-2002

Tuesday, November 29, 2005 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jedisan a private message Print Post    
Chewpito and Tishala, I also saw Rize this weekend, based on critical (and Tish) acclaim.
I loved it too.
OMG the bodies on those dancers - and I loved the disclaimer at the beginning that the film in no way had been altered in a faster speed (or something to that effect).
In either of your opinions, do you agree that "The Clowns" won the dance tournament?
Not to take away all of the positive, generous things that they bring to the table (could I love Tommy The Clown more?). The audience did the voting, so you can't count that out, but at that point, it seemed to me a popularity contest, more than who actually was bested. But that could have just been my emotional response - it is NOT based on any technological knowledge of their moves or the strategy they took to the event.
ETA: I just know how each performer made me feel, and I had the Crump'ers over the Clowns.

Crump'n as an Olympic sport??? Ms. Prissy for President???

I guess I was on a dancing kick, because I also rented "Mad Hot Ballroom" over the weekend. What an overlooked gem.
This movie is so funny, cute and touching.
Watch for little Michael from Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, and Tara from Manhattan, and of course, adorable Wilson, also from Manhattan. If you like the show, Dancing with the Stars, you will love this movie.

I also saw "Millions". Another adorable movie. British; with the cutest little freckled kid I ever saw (Damian is the character in the starring role). I just want to pinch his cheeks! LOL!

I've babbled long enough...

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Crump'n and Clownin, would def get you in shape, i know i couldnt sit still during 90%of the show, it just made me want to move...unfortunetly, my body dosent do those kinda things any more, but what a great way to chanel your energy, when your stuck in a cituation that seems to have no escape.. i loved the mortuary guy, inviting them in to check out his wares.. .. i grew up in the pasadena area, my father and mother grew up down there also, .. wow, it just shows me how important it is to give the younger generation outlets!...when there is nothing to do, no matter where you are, it a hard path to travel... what i mostly love about the black culture is thier faith, it moves me to tears, the singing, the family bonds(no matter what cituation) its a beautifull thing.

Darrellh

07-21-2004

Thursday, December 01, 2005 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Darrellh a private message Print Post    
Bought Mad Hot Ballroom on DVD. I truly love this little movie!