TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 19, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Scary Movies - Old and New: Archive through October 19, 2020 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 16, 2020 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Brenda, I just saw "Parasite". It's a Korean movie with English subtitles.

It was good! I would call it more of a dark comedy that turns into a tragedy. I knew it was good when after I watched it, I felt like I just watched a movie in English without subtitles.

I won't go deep into it, but it's about a poor (but clever) family that pretty much cons their way into all getting various jobs in the household of a rich family. Things don't go as planned.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, February 05, 2020 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I saw the last 45 minutes or so of the movie, "Us", last night and it totally confused me. Had no clue what was going on. If I saw the beginning, would I understand it? I can probably catch it on cable, if it would be worth it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 06, 2020 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You really need to see it from the beginning to get the whole story. It wasn't one of my fav scary movies, but it would still be worth watching from the beginning.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, February 08, 2020 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I found Us very disappointing.
I had been looking forward to seeing it and did not care for it at all.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, February 28, 2020 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Me too, Sugar.
Naja I was looking for a political message board ( like I really need another one of those) and for some reason UHM messageboard came up. ‘Upcoming Horror Movies’.I just glanced at it, but looked interesting, you might be interested.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, February 29, 2020 - 12:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yeah, It's been in my favs folder for over 10 years. They changed their website format a few years ago and it's not as fun of a place as it used to be.

The reason I stopped by....

They remade my favorite horror movie and it's coming out on my birthday!

Candyman (2020) in theatres June 12.

Official Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlwzuZ9kOQU

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, March 01, 2020 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’m not a huge horror film fan but I did love Candyman. I’ll mark that one down for my Bday too, it’s on June 13.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just saw The Invisible Man (2020)
and really liked it. Elisabeth moss has to be one of my favorite actresses.

I would say it's almost the same plot as Julia Roberts' "Sleeping with the Enemy", except for the invisibility and a big twist(s). Definitely worth the time.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1051906/reference

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I like this genre so it’s good to hear this is a good one. What was the one that was released in the early 2000’s? I remember the special effects were interesting.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, March 24, 2020 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Do you mean Hollow Man? I loved that movie. I watch it every time I run across it. Funny thing is, there is a Hollow Man 2, but I never felt the need to watch it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 09, 2020 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I watched 2 pretty good ones this week.

Brahms: The Boy II (2020)

This is the sequel to The Boy. A nice couple and their son move to the guest house on the property where the big old mansion from the first movie is located. Of course the first thing that happens is their little boy finds the scary doll from the first movie buried in the woods on the property, and creepiness ensues. It stars Katie Holmes and Owain Yeoman, so at the very least, the acting is good.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9173418/reference

Next I watched
The Turning (2020)

A young woman takes a job taking care of two very rich orphans, a young girl and her older brother. They live in a huge creepy mansion. Very soon the woman starts being tormented by both of the children and something more sinister in the house. Her well being starts to decline as more comes out about the house, and herself.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0298495/?ref_=tt_rv_t5

As far as scary movies go, these are above average. The fact that they both have quality actors in them helps a lot.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, April 19, 2020 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
There's already a corona virus movie. haha
I haven't watched it.

Corona Zombies (2020)

"Ditsy damsels in distress, toilet paper famine, inept world leaders, mass-media gone wild, a virus from Hell and hordes of ghouls hungry for human flesh combine in Full Moon's maniacal horror comedy hybrid CORONA ZOMBIES. Part irreverent satire, part gonzo Italian zombie movie remix, all Full Moon mania, CORONA ZOMBIES takes aim at the madness surrounding the crazy times we're all living in and delivers the funniest - and most controversial - exploitation movie of the year.

—Chris Alexander
"

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12098392/reference

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 31, 2020 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
DH and I both enjoyed this one.

Body Cam (2020)

It stars Mary J. Blige as a cop who takes it upon herself to solve the murder of her colleague. (I didn't even know Mary J. was an actress).

He was killed during a night time traffic stop, and the video of the murder shows it was something even more terrifying, but what?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8179024/reference

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 31, 2020 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just had the living daylights scared out me! My heart is still racing.

Host (2020)

It's about a group of friends that hire a medium to do a seance with them over the internet, since they are all locked down at home from the virus. Things just get crazy scary!

The cool thing about this movie, is that in real life, all the actors and the director were in lockdown at home and they made the movie separately from their homes. I thought that was so cool.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12749596/reference

Be sure to watch to watch the backgrounds. hehe

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, August 01, 2020 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Wow, very creative and inventive. I hate scary movies but I will mention it to my teen.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
If if anyone has Amazon Prime, this is the narrowed search I have been using for horror movies. It leaves out the majority of the slasher movies, which I think most of us are sick of. I just bookmark the link.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/search/ref=atv_sr_filter..../

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Naja, I forgot to mention that I watched and enjoyed Host after I read your above post. I then recommended it to my good friend. She is always looking for movies to watch with her son. She texted me that I was in trouble as they were traumatized after watching. Haha. She was exaggerating... about her son. She was burrowing into the corner of the couch through most of it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Hahaha! I am so glad everyone enjoyed it. I almost hit the ceiling with my jump at the very end. I think you know the part I mean.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Have you seen The Rental? It is another one we all enjoyed. Dave Franco directed it and it has Alison Brie and Dan Stevens in it. Two couples rent a house for a weekend getaway and fear the owner is terrorizing them.

It wasn't perfect movie but it was an enjoyable "rental". Sorry for the bad pun.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I think you know the part I mean.

Yes!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, I enjoyed The Rental. I mixed it up with one I'll find the name for later. I loved the little dog.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, August 23, 2020 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ahh, now I remember the one I mixed it up with.

"The Beach House (2020)"

It's a combination horror and sci-fi. A young couple go to stay at his dad's beach house where it's the off season so no one is around. They get there and an older couple is there already. The dad's friends. Anyway, the older woman is ill and weird, and gets even sicker with "something" she catches while on the beach.

I read it was supposed to be a representation of coronavirus.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 19, 2020 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We watched such a good one last night!

Antebellem (2020)

Imdb has it categorized as "mystery, horror".

It's one of those movies where you can't say what it's about without spoiling it, so I'll just say what the Actress said. "It's not a slave movie", even though the previews make it look that way.

The twist was awesome, but I guessed it just a little too early. What's extra fun is a couple times throughout the movie you "think" you are seeing the twist when you're not, and that's all I can say. haha

BTW, DON'T read any synopses before you watch. They even ruin it in all the synopses. That's why I'm not posting the IMDB link.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, October 19, 2020 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I found one that is a BLAAST! It's really so much fun. It's available to rent online almost everywhere.

Scare Me (2020)

It's about 2 horror novelists trapped in a cabin during a thunderstorm and they decide to tell each other horror stories for fun. But they not only tell them, they act them out. It's part comedy so there are a lot of laughs. Especially when the pizza guy joins the them.

There are a couple movies named the same, so be sure to watch the one starring Aya Cash.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10126434/reference

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, October 19, 2020 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
That sounds fun, Naja - especially if there is a thunderstorm happening as you watch.