TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 15, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Scary Movies - Old and New: Archive through January 15, 2020 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh that sounds like a really fun premise. I’ll have to have a look at this one!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 14, 2019 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have really been enjoying these short horror films on youtube posted by Screamfest. Most of them are between 10 and 15 minutes long, but a few are shorter or longer.

https://www.youtube.com/user/screamfestla/search?query=short

They are pretty high quality, so they look good played on your big tv.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 15, 2019 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I watched this movie in the middle of the day and it still scared me!

The Possession of Hannah Grace (2018)

It stars the girl who played Emily on "Pretty Little Liars". She starts the midnight shift at the morgue, alone, and on her first night she gets delivered the half charred body of a woman. Let's just say, she doesn't have a very good first night at work....

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5734576/reference

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Saturday, March 16, 2019 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
That sounds good!Its hard to find a good scary movie.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, June 13, 2019 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Anyone seen the movie, Ma?Naja? I’m hoping it’s kind of campy and funny in a way.Im not in the mood for intense.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 13, 2019 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’ve heard it’s pretty ridiculous (though not necessarily in a good way).

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, June 13, 2019 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
It was. I attend a movie every year or two and always make the wrong choice ittwas equivalent to a Lifetime movie.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
No, Haven't seen Ma. Probably not until it hits the internet. Sounds like I'm not missing anything.

I had no idea this was in the works. Coming in November is the sequel to "The Shining" called
Doctor Sleep. I didn't even realize Stephen King wrote the sequel, let alone they were making the movie.

Little Danny is now all grown up with his own scary story.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2msJTFvhkU4

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 29, 2019 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I finally saw the remake of "Pet Sematary". It was ok, but not as good as the original. They changed a few things to try to make it seem fresh, but it didn't work.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, June 29, 2019 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I didn't like the book, Doctor Sleep. There was one point in particular where they seemed to be torturing a little boy that really disturbed me. Don't think I will want to see the new Pet Sematary either.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 08, 2019 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I watched such a good haunted house documentary last night on Amazon Prime!

The Blackwell Ghost (2017)

Filmmaker Turner Clay usually makes zombie movies, but he became interested in ghosts and decided to make a documentary. A youtuber had posted a ghost video taken in their own home, and Turner and his wife decide to investigate the house.

It was so good! Just DON'T read about it online. Go into it blind. Otherwise, lots of the scary enjoyment will be taken out of it.

There is "The Blackwell Ghost 2" where he goes back to the house again, but I'm not watching it until late tonight or tomorrow.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, July 09, 2019 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I watched the sequel last night.

"The Blackwell Ghost 2"

Loved it. Not as much as the first, but I still loved it.

Both of the movies are just down to basics. I watched them both while alone in the rec room and had to go turn on a light each time. And when I went to the bathroom during the movie, I had to send my dog in first. LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 19, 2019 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I watched a pretty good one last night. Lots of good scares!

"The Curse of La Llorona (2019)"

The IMDB synopsis is too vague and useless, so I'll just use my own words.

It's about widowed single mother that works as a social worker. One of her child endangerment cases goes horribly wrong, and now the evil that went after that family is coming after her own family.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4913966/reference

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 16, 2019 - 5:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just saw the 2019 remake of "Child's Play".

If I wasn't such a fan of the original Chucky, maybe this one wouldn't have disappointed me so much. This time there is no supernatural element to the story. It's about artificial intelligence run amok.

A factory worker in Korea is mistreated, so he sabotages one of the Buddi dolls by removing all the safety programming that prevents the doll's A.I. from learning violent behavior. Of course that doll finds its way to a kid in the US.

Oh! The voice of the doll is Mark Hamill. Weird.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8663516/reference

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 21, 2019 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I tried to hold out on watching this one until Halloween, but just couldn't. :-)

Annabelle Comes Home (2019)

This is the 3rd installment of the "Annabelle" movies
(or 5th of Conjuring/Annabelle/Ed&Lorraine-Warren related movies).
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8350360/reference

In real life Ed and Lorraine are paranormal experts.

The movie takes place at Ed and Lorraine's home. Ed and Lorraine have a room filled with all kind of haunted or possessed items, and one of them is the evil doll named Annabelle.

Ed and Lorraine hire a babysitter to stay overnight with their tween daughter while they are away. But the babysitter lets her friend come over, and the friend sneaks into the room of haunted items, and accidentally releases all their spirits from the confines of the room. This leads to what should have been named "Nightmares in Babysitting".

It had some good scares, but they were lazy with the story line this time. It's more juvenile than the rest in the series, but still more fun and scary than the very first "Annabelle (2014)". The best in the series is the second one "Annabelle: Creation (2017)".

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, December 16, 2019 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
The movie, US was just awful. I’m not big into scary movies but I thought it was terrible. What did you think Naja?

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 16, 2019 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It was ok. Nothing to write home about.

2019 has been mostly a big dud for scary movies. Although, I still have this year's autumn theatre releases to see. There's usually a couple that are good in that group that they released for Halloween season..

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 - 6:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’ve got Down A Dark Hall from 2018 on my DVR. I’m saving that for Cmas since there usually nothing on TV.The synopsis sounds good.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh that one is good. I posted about it over a year ago.

https://tvclubhouse.com/forum/read.php?file=/6694/20248306.html&lm=

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Anything with boarding schools or boarding schools with nuns is up my ally.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, January 12, 2020 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have watched a few good ones this past month or so. I'll try to post about them today and tomorrow.

"Chain of Death (2019)"

It's about a young man with an incurable disease. He decides he wants to take part in an assisted suicide, but the rules are he has to kill someone else first. But all the plans go haywire.

Definitely recommend. Ray Wise and Madeline Zima are in it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7094374/reference

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, January 12, 2020 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This one I thoroughly enjoyed.

"Inner Ghosts (2018)"

I'll use their short synopsis because it's hard to explain.
"A woman who gave up on her life as a medium receives a gift from the afterlife: a device that can perform wonderful things - at a price. "

I think I liked it so much because the main star, Celia Williams, is like the English version of one of my favorite horror actresses, Lin Shaye.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4177670/reference

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, January 12, 2020 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought this one was GREAT!

"I see You (2019)"

Helen Hunt is the mom in a troubled family that is also being taunted by something in their house. Plus, Dad is a cop and there is an unsolved murder of a young boy in the neighborhood.

This movie has awesome twists. You have to see it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6079516/reference

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I have not even heard of these films. Hmmmm.... Have you seen PArasite? I guess it's not a "scary" movie, but I guess it's disturbing. I'm trying to avoid knowing too much about it until I see it, which I hope to soon.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen Parasite, but it looks interesting.

Those other movies I posted I see are rentable on Amazon Prime and some other services. They aren't a streaming service original, so it may be awhile before they are free. I saw them in the way that shall not be spoken.