TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 27, 2004

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: New on Video/DVD: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 27, 2004 users admin

Jedisan

01-11-2002

Saturday, August 28, 2004 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jedisan a private message Print Post    
Tashakinz: Netflix might have "Cowgirls", don't know really, but Amazon has it on VHS ($10) and DVD ($20).
The book FAR exceeds the movie in both cases actually.
But... I happen to love the CofTCB in a train wreck sort of way.
Cowgirls is definitely a ride. Gus Van Sant did much better in later projects. MUCH BETTER....LOL
As I like to say when reviewing a movie, It wasn't a waste of two hours of my life (or in this case, 90 minutes)
sorry i got back to you so late - i rarely get a response on anything I post, so I don't check that often LOL!

Tashakinz

11-13-2002

Monday, August 30, 2004 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jedi!

Saw "Laws of Attraction" yesterday. Very cute indeed. Pierce Brosnan reminds us that he does have comedic chops. (And that he's still reallly good looking lol).

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, September 04, 2004 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Just saw "Shaolin Soccer" Completely ridiculous but enjoyable. WARNING:Do not drink during this movie unless you enjoy doing spit takes :-)

Tashakinz

11-13-2002

Tuesday, September 07, 2004 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
Caught up on the new releases this weekend:

Godsend - didn't like it.

Twisted - it was okay - but not great.

Bookies - cute but not outstanding.

All in all - a blah kind of movie weekend.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, September 10, 2004 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
A couple of interesting new releases: The Punisher and Ladykillers.

Saw Godsend and it was underwhelming. It could have been so much better.

Saw Twisted too, and I picked out the killer in the first 5 minutes. I usually don't like movies that telegraph the ending like that, but Ashley Judd's character was unique enough to keep me interested.

The Punisher was a great action/revenge flick. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and there was enough humor and charm thrown in by some of the supporting characters to make it a repeat viewing movie for me.

Picked up Ladykillers, but haven't watched it yet.

The original Star Wars trilogy is out in a few weeks, looking forward to that.

Tashakinz

11-13-2002

Monday, September 13, 2004 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
2 movies this weekend:

"Jersey Girl" was very cute and touching. I predict it will do better on video than it did at the box office. It's definitely different than the typical Kevin Smith script. Good performances.

"Ladykillers" cracked me up. Without saying too much - the scene at the end with the cat was just hysterical!!

Tashakinz

11-13-2002

Monday, September 20, 2004 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
I was at home sick all weekend with a nasty bug - nothing to do but lay around and watch movies lol.

Man on Fire: Usual good performance from Denzel. Good popcorn movie.

The Human Stain: I just didn't buy Anthony Hopkins in the role.

Soul Plane: Cracked me up. Good laugher. Definitely had a couple of signs of the times moments in the movie.

Tashakinz

11-13-2002

Monday, September 27, 2004 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
Watched "Mean Girls" yesterday - very cute.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Monday, September 27, 2004 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is out tomorrow on video and DVD.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, September 27, 2004 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
And I'm buying it! It's a wonderful film.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, September 29, 2004 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Don't know when it was released, but I got Highwaymen yesterday along with Walking Tall and the old FOX TV series 'Harsh Realm'. Both movies had their flaws, but overall Highwaymen was the better flick. Walking Tall just didn't utilize The Rock to his fullest potential. The Rock could be a big time movie star if he gets cast in the right movies.

Tashakinz

11-13-2002

Monday, October 04, 2004 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
Saw "Envy" yesterday - a cute but strange little movie with Jack Black and Ben Stiller. Some good moments but overall not the best work from either of them.

Tashakinz

11-13-2002

Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
Aladdin comes out on video today!!!

Kaili

08-31-2000

Tuesday, October 05, 2004 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
So does Fahrenheit 911

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, October 06, 2004 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Saw 'Unspeakable', which was released 10/5. It's terrible. Rent it if you absolutely have to watch it.

Tashakinz

11-13-2002

Monday, October 11, 2004 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
Watched "Saved!" yesterday. Great flick. It skewers the religious right without being overbearing.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, October 12, 2004 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Just got around to watching 'Man On Fire'. Can't beleive I waited so long. What an intense movie. Denzel and Dakota were fantastic. If you get the chance, you should catch this movie.

Bbfanatic

08-14-2000

Friday, October 15, 2004 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbfanatic a private message Print Post    
Want to watch "FahrenHYPE 911", but they are always all checked out.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, November 01, 2004 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Got the remake "Dawn Of The Dead" and finally watched it. If you saw and liked the Euro zombie fest "28 Days Later", you'll probably like this, too. It had some good action, nice amount of gore, and the actors in the movie are exceptional. And it has one of the best soundtracks of any movie I've seen in recent yearrs. And it had really good character development for a film in this genre. I recommend it.

Tashakinz

11-13-2002

Tuesday, November 02, 2004 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
I agree Lycan. We watched this Saturday night as part of our "fright night" tradition and really enjoyed it.

Tashakinz

11-13-2002

Monday, November 08, 2004 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
If you are a prude and/or are easily offended then this movie is not for you but "A Home At The End Of The World" is an excellently done, very sweet love story. Colin Farrell is a fantastic actor.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Monday, November 15, 2004 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
This week's new DVD releases include:

Elf
The Iron Giant (Special Edition)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Complete Seventh Season
Pee-Wee's Playhouse - Seasons 1-2 & Seasons 3-5
Live Aid
Eloise at Christmastime

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, November 18, 2004 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I recently purchased the "Chronicles of Riddick" and "The Stepford Wives".

"Riddick" was a great scifi action flick...but you must watch "Pitch Black" first to get a lot of the dialogue...

"The Stepford Wives" was more a comedy than anything else. Nicole Kidman was brilliant, but Matt Broderick was a stone figure...he couldn't have been more un-interesting.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, November 20, 2004 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I finally watched Elf last night. I just loved this movie. It was so sweet. I am a sucker for movies with Christmas spirit and believing.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, December 27, 2004 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Watched ESOTSM today. It was different :-)