TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 10, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: General Chit Chat: Archive through June 10, 2019 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, July 01, 2017 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
We saw Beatriz at Dinner last night and I was disappointed. Afterwards I read some of the reviews and was a bit surprised that most of them were so favorable. Its not that it was bad, I am rather at a loss for what to say. I guess I think it was incomplete perhaps.
Odd. I tend to enjoy or appreciate "art", sleeper, or offbeat films.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, July 17, 2017 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Just found out they are remaking "A Wrinkle in Time". One of my favorite books since I was a kid. Hope they do it justice.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 12:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
The Big Sick was funny and sweet. Go see it if it is playing in your area.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Hi Sugar the Big Sick is on my bucket list for sure.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, July 20, 2017 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Never heard of Big Sick. Wrinkle In Time one of my favs too.
Just saw Spotlight, it was very good. And shocking. Now that is what I call true journalism,instead of all this sensationalism we have these days.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, July 21, 2017 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Spotlight was terrific. And a Wrinkle in Time is absolutely top of my bucket list. I never read the books but I spent quite a bit of time on Wikipedia reading up on it.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
A trailer for Ready Player One has dropped.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 - 4:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Noted as Agatha Christie’s most twisted tale.

Crooked House - Official Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERj3KafjfRk&feature=youtu.be

Just saw the ad for this. Looks great. What a cast! Julian Fellowes was listed as a screenwriter in the credits.

Looking forward to this and Branagh's adaptation of Murder on the Orient Express.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Garretts Game on Netflix is pretty good. I'd call it a scary movie , but most aficionados would call it a psychological thriller, I guess.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Thursday, October 12, 2017 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I read that book Lakecat and it was most def a psychological thriller, anyway..It sure did freak me out. I look forward to your thoughts on the Netflix episode.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 16, 2018 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Does anybody know what year "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri" was supposed to have taken place?

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, February 16, 2018 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, it isn't actually said straight out, but the writer was inspired by 3 billboards he saw traveling through the deep south 20 years ago.

The interview was in 2017, so I will make an educated guess and say it took place around 1997.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 19, 2018 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Hubby and I really enjoyed Black Panther, stay for all the credits...2 extra scenes! So many great performances. Letitia Wright, who plays his sister steals every scene she is in!!! She was also in Humans.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, March 25, 2018 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
"Won't You Be My Neighbor?" hits theatres June 8

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
We saw A Quiet Place tonight and both of us liked it.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, May 28, 2018 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Game Night was good, sort of the old Buddy type action adventure they don't make anymore,but the buddies in this moveir were husband and wife. it does helps that there were so many great actors. Jason Bateman, Jesse plemmons, Kyle Chandler from Fri Night Lights and even a cameo by Michael C Hall.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed Game night quite a lot as well. It surprised me. Wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but a fun film.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 29, 2019 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
For some reason I had the urge to watch all 5 of Charles Bronson's "Death Wish" movies. I had never seen a single one. We are just starting number 4 and I have to say I am enjoying all of them. I can't believe I never saw them, even accidentally, over the years. They are really spread out. 1974, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1994.

Oh, I remember what made me want to watch them. Last year Bruce Willis made a remake of the very first Death Wish movie from 1974, and we liked that a lot.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, March 30, 2019 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I remember my dad very much enjoying the first one. I'm surprised youre enjoying the later ones too as they usually fall apart after a few.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, March 30, 2019 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
They are a little like the same movie over and over with a few changes. I thought they were all pretty close in quality.

Now we are on to a 1988 Bronson movie called "Messenger of Death". He's a Denver reporter trying to solve the slaughter of a whole Mormon family. 3 wives and all the children.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, April 05, 2019 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Watched Ben Is Back. I like Julia Roberts. Not worth the $5.99 to rent.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Saturday, June 08, 2019 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I watched 'Rocket Man' this pass week with my Daughter.
I love Elton John, I grew up with him and his music. The 'peace, love, dove' era. I knew his story' his life..I kind of walk stepped 'thru that whole time'.. eeee gads... this movie brought up a lot of 'junk'. I cried thru much of it. I cant say that I liked it or not. Of course it was def entertaining..the music was the best' the costumes' It was fantastical' ...
I just cant decide what I think of it', It deft was a moving experience and at times a little to close to home. hmmmmm

Any body else see it' ????

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Monday, June 10, 2019 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
I just saw it on Saturday Chewpito and I'm with you.. not sure how I really feel about it. I mean I liked it and glad I went but was expecting something a little bit different.. maybe because I LOVED Bohemian Rhapsody so much! lol

Elton John was my older siblings music so I got to hear a lot of it. His story is very interesting, the movie kept my interest for sure. Music was GREAT!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, June 10, 2019 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Saw it and wept through a lot of it. I completely lost it when he embraced his inner child. It was also too close to home for me too.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Monday, June 10, 2019 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
He sure had shitty parents (well for sure his dad). My heart broke for him when he visited his dad and his new family.. crushing