TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 21, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Scary Movies - Old and New: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 21, 2017 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 25, 2017 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure who all will have this, but if you have Comcast do a search for "The Smiling Man" in on demand. It's a 7 minute horror movie short. It's super creepy and scary.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Just curious Naja, do you like Spook houses and scary carnival rides?

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 01, 2017 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I like ride through spook houses, but not the walk-through kind.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I don't like haunted houses or movies where something suddenly pops out. I'm already a nervous person.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 08, 2017 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I watched such a cool one tonight. It stars Olivia Cooke, the girl from "Bates Motel" with with cystic fibrosis.

The Limehouse Golem (2017)

It takes place in Victorian London, late 1800s. A woman is accused if killing her husband, but her dead husband is also being blamed for a rash of murders that had been blamed on a legendary monster called "The Limehouse Golem".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4733640/reference

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Naja, I was just thinking of renting that one and I came here to see if it had a thumbs up from you.

Adding it to my watchlist. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's not really scary. It's more of mystery.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This movie is the first in awhile that scared the living daylights out of me. I damn near jumped in the air a few times, and let out some screams. I love it.

Annabelle: Creation (2017)

This is the prequel to "Annabelle" and it tells the story of how the doll became evil.

A doll maker and his wife tragically lose their little daughter in an accident, and 12 years later they invite a nun and some orphan girls to come live in their big empty country home with them. Of course one of the orphans goes into a room she shouldn't and finds "Annabelle".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5140878/reference

I totally recommend this movie. Especially since the Halloween season is almost here.
Watch it with kids <insert evil laugh here >.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the recommendation. Now I know to say a firm NO! when my kid suggests it. I hate jump scares! :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Brenda, you have to watch it! It is so much fun. It stars the the little girl from "Ouija: Origin of Evil".

It is so cool that she got the parts in the 2 best scary movies in a long time.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
hmmm i may have to check this out from the comfort of my bedroom

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Oh I've never heard of Ouija...it is good as well?

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Hi Scooter. "Ouija (2014)" wasn't very good, but its prequel, "Ouija: Origin of Evil (2016)", is a great ghost story. I posted about it in January. I totally recommend it.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Saturday, September 16, 2017 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Ok good to know...I'm always looking for good movies

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
https://thoughtcatalog.com/emily-madriga/2017/09/here-are-all-the-horror/
TCM classic horror movies commercial free in October. List.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 3:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Lakecat. I set my dvr for some of them. TCM is so much better for classic movies than AMC. AMC edits the movies down to PG or TV-14. If you watch a Clint Eastwood movie on AMC, you would think Dirty Harry was tea tottling church goer, and says "darn" a lot.

IFC is also good free movie channel. They have commercials, but they are limited. And they never edit a movie for time or content. You get the whole thing the way it's supposed to be.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just realized....TCM is always commercial free.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 22, 2017 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I liked this one, but I'll admit I think most people wouldn't like it.

Escape Room

You know those online escape room games? Well since those came out, people have made real life ones and they really got popular for awhile.

This one is about one of those real life escape rooms. But the owner of this one is losing money and has to liven up his room. So he decides to add an antique box to his room that supposedly houses a demon. If the box is opened, the demon is released and all hell break loose.

This one stars a few big names like Sean Young and Skeet

Ulrich.http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5748392/reference

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Help! Tying to remember the name of a movie or series that had a scene with a young girl being left by her family someplace where she would not stand out as weird, freaky, unusual... She had to wear mittens because something bad happened if she touched you.
We are watching Miss Perrigrenes Home For Peculiar Children and it brought that scene to mind but I am drawing a complete blank. Maybe something on cable, Netflix or Hulu? It is driving me crazy trying to remember.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Are you thinking of "Pushing Daisies"? Except it was a little boy being dropped off at boarding school. Ned could bring someone back to life with his touch, but if he touched them a second time, they died again for good. But it wasn't a scary show.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, September 24, 2017 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
No, not Pushing Daisies. The girl who got dropped off had a sibling or two.

I wonder if it was an X-Files episode. Just can't quite remember.

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Monday, September 25, 2017 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
Sugar, Jenny Pox is book #1 in a 4-novel series called The Paranormals. I have no idea if the book series was ever adapted to TV or film or if this is even what you're trying to remember.

Title: Jenny Pox

(Her nickname became Jenny Mittens & you mention mittens.)

Jenny Morton’s touch kills. Whoever she touches develops a fast onset of smallpox, leading to death. Ever since Jenny was a child, her dad instructed her to never touch anyone except for him, a rule that she broke in fourth grade when she accidentally touched Ashleigh Goodling, the popular girl. After that incident, Jenny’s nickname of “Jenny Pox” changed to “Jenny Mittens” as Jenny began wearing gloves to protect people from her touch.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, September 29, 2017 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Late last night I watched a pretty good one.

A Night of Horror Volume 1 (2015)

It's an anthology of several Australian short horror stories. Some are good and some are so-so, but there is one in particular that I would call the epitome of visual horror. I think it's the third story in the movie. It's about a very young female coroner working alone at night for the first time. It's a must see just for that one story! (the horror does not come from seeing an autopsy or anybody being cut up)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4586114/reference

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have 3 movies to recommend and I'll be brief.

The new version of Stephen King's "IT".
The main difference between the new movie and old one is that the new one all takes place when they were children. It ends at the agreement they make to come back when they grown to kill IT, if it comes back again. It was pretty good. Much better special effects.

"Amityville: The Awakening (2017)"
Finally a sequel to "The Amityville Horror" that is actually pretty good! It goes back to basics.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1935897/reference

"Wish Upon (2017)"
It's the story of an unpopular and bullied girl. Her dad finds an interesting box while he was garbage picking and gives it to her as a gift. She finds out the writing on the box says she can have 7 wishes. As her wishes get granted, bad things start happening to people she knows.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5322012/reference

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 21, 2017 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This one had us laughing all the way through.

Better Watch Out (2016)

This is a comedy/thriller/horror movie about a teenage girl's babysitting job gone wrong. It's pretty bloody, but in the fun way. LOL
Rotten Tomatoes gave it 90%, and they are super tough on movies like this.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4443658/reference