TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 25, 2004

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: New on Video/DVD: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 25, 2004 users admin

Meemo

08-22-2002

Monday, July 19, 2004 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meemo a private message Print Post    
talked to my ds who has seen this movie and realized that i watched the alternate ending. i didn't see the one that was in theaters. there are 2 choices director's cut or theatrical. so i rented it again and saw the right ending. it was alot better and more believable. that director's cut ending was just too far fetched.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I just bought the new special edition of The Manchurian Candidate on DVD. I hadn't seen the film in years and I wanted to own it for a while...this new special edition, coming so close to the release of the new Jonathan Demme edition next week, is a godsend. It's about as close as a film can be to perfect. And it has bonus footage featuring Mr. Sinatra and Angela Landsbury.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, July 20, 2004 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
FYI, Starsky & Hutch was released today.

Tashakinz

11-13-2002

Wednesday, July 21, 2004 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
Caught "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen" yesterday - I liked Lindsay Lohan in "Freaky Friday" but this one just didn't grab me. It was cute but formulaic.

Tashakinz

11-13-2002

Thursday, July 22, 2004 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
Watched Secret Window last night - totally predicted what was going on with him a third of the way through the movie. Johnny Depp's hair kept distracting me from the story.

Hippyt

06-15-2001

Saturday, July 24, 2004 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hippyt a private message Print Post    
Finally saw Mystic River. What great,great acting. Sean deserved his Oscar and Tim deserved his Golden Globe.
I think this story ranks right under American History X,desturbing. It is gonna be with me for awhile.

Kaili

08-31-2000

Monday, July 26, 2004 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
We watched Starsky and Hutch last night- I can't stand Own Wilson so I wasn't hoping for a whle lot, but I ended up really enjoying it. Got a few giggles out of me- i'll give it that :-)

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Monday, July 26, 2004 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Hippyt, I still get shivers when I think of American History X. Good but very disturbing. Seeing it and Mystic River once was enough for me. I highly recommend both.

Hippyt

06-15-2001

Monday, July 26, 2004 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hippyt a private message Print Post    
I agree with you there Brenda. Great movies,but you only want to watch them one time!

Blacksheep

10-18-2003

Monday, July 26, 2004 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Blacksheep a private message Print Post    
Starsky & Hutch

For starters I am not a fan of Ben or Owen (actually can't stand them) however due to seeing too many films it makes any rental night slim-pickins. My roommate picked this up last night and even though I do not like B or O I did want to see this film. I was looking for a good laugh and this film had plenty of them. I admit that I never saw the original show so I can't compare how it rates (I'll leave that to someone else), I did enjoy it and didn't leave me feeling like I just watched some stupid movie (it does happen) chalked full of crappy slap-stick humor. I think that Ben & Owen each really brought out the 'characters' well and wasn't annoyed by either as I normally am - they sorta fit like a glove.

Tashakinz

11-13-2002

Tuesday, July 27, 2004 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
Saw "Starsky & Hutch" on Sunday. If you remember the original series, you might want to skip this. It's pure camp. Snoop Dogg as Huggy Bear was the only saving grace.

Tashakinz

11-13-2002

Thursday, July 29, 2004 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
Caught "The Whole Ten Yards" last night. It was cute, but not as good as "Nine."

Tashakinz

11-13-2002

Thursday, August 05, 2004 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
"13 Going on 30" arrived from Netflix last night. What a thoroughly cute and delightful movie. Two thumbs up.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, August 06, 2004 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Hidalgo came out this week, too, and I loved it. I kept wondering who Jazira was, because I recognized the actress, and it turned out to be Zuleika Robinson, formerly of the X-Files spinoff Lone Gunmen. While it reminded me a lot of 'The Last Samurai' in the beginning, it turned out to be a great popcorn action flick.

My GF made me watch '13 Going on 30' with her, and I really liked it. Jennifer Garner really showed her range.

Bluebug

01-05-2004

Friday, August 06, 2004 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluebug a private message Print Post    
Kill Bill 2 on august 10th!!!!!!!!!

Cba79

07-11-2001

Sunday, August 08, 2004 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cba79 a private message Print Post    
yummy..... kill bill........

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, August 09, 2004 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
We just watched Miracle this weekend. FABULOUS! We both really enjoyed it, and the second DVD had interesting video of the REAL Herb Brooks as he talked about various events w/ the cast and crew. It was almost as much to watch the special sections as the movie.

Tashakinz

11-13-2002

Thursday, August 12, 2004 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
Netflix delivered "The Prince & Me" yesterday - in a word - bland.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, August 16, 2004 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Duel, Taking Lives, and The Mangler come out 8/17...

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, August 18, 2004 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Oh my word, 'Taking Lives' is awsome!!! Jolie and Hawke are phenomenal....although the big twist is telegraphed, this is still a great flick

Godsend is great, too. DeNiro is his usual fantastic self, and Kinear/Romjin-Stamos turn in career-affecting performances, themselves....and the kid actor is the BEST....

Also got the new 'Lost Boys' DVD with all the extras. Great flick, decent extras...I wish Jason Patric and Jami Gertz would have participated...that would have made it a lot better. As it was,we got Kiefer, the Corey's and Ed Herrman...plus the director/producer...etc...decent, but not great handling of this cult flick....

Tashakinz

11-13-2002

Monday, August 23, 2004 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
Watched "Taking Lives" yesterday - good flick - well acted and written.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, August 23, 2004 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
"The Girl Next Door" comes out tomorrow. Director's cut. Apparently, from what I've read, there is some controversial material in this flick.

Jedisan

01-11-2002

Monday, August 23, 2004 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jedisan a private message Print Post    
DH and I rented Kill Bill V. 1&2 this weekend.
We waited on purpose so that we could see them together as Mr Terantino wanted.
LOVED THEM!!!
I dug the first one so much, then we waited till next day to see the second.

I heard about all of the gore and stuff, but honestly, whenever they showed the "spouting blood" from a limb or head or whatever, I tell you, I was laughing hysterically.
I did not see it gory - just campy.
I wonder if I didn't "get it".
Oh well. I also like all of the little "shout outs" to previous Tarentino films, and even a nod to one of Uma's films not done by him - "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues" (Great Book, deadly movie - If you want to laught your a** off at Keanu Reeves, get this film!!! - not beacuse it is funny per se, although it is - his performance is like nails on a chalkboard to me.)

Tashakinz

11-13-2002

Tuesday, August 24, 2004 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
Jedisan - where did you find "Cowgirls"?? It's not out on dvd - and from the overall scathing reviews it probably never will be lol. I loved the book and so am curious as to just how bad the movie was (i.e., Clan of the Cave Bear bad?).

Tashakinz

11-13-2002

Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 6:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
saw "The Girl Next Door" last night. Laughed through the whole thing. Very good story. Elisha Cuthbert successfully sheds her "daughter in distress" image from "24" with good comedic timing.