TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 21, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Scary Movies - Old and New: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 21, 2017 users admin

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Friday, March 17, 2017 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
Naja... do you know at what time The Uninvited is airing on Sat.? I've never heard of Svengoolie. I clicked on the link that you provided but I don't see a time listed. Whether I'll be able watch or not depends on the time. Thanks.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, March 17, 2017 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
It's on at 9pm Mountain time, which I think is the same as central time. So, here prime time starts at 7pm until 10pm, so things like Survivor are on at 7. Most news comes on at 10. Hope that helps. I set my DVR to record it.

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Friday, March 17, 2017 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Brenda. Seeing it's on at night rather than during the day, I know that I'll have to record it. I've never even heard of that channel, MeTV, but I found that it is on my cable lineup. I haven't seen The Univited in many years and I look forward to seeing it again so thanks for the heads up, Naja, and thanks again for the answer Brenda.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 17, 2017 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Littlebreeze, since you don't know Svengoolie, I just have to warn you that he is more an acquired taste :-) But he does give some good behind the scenes movie factoids.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 19, 2017 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought this one was pretty good.

Incarnate (2016)

It's about a guy who can enter the mind of a possessed person, and kick out the demon from within.

It has a few big stars in it like Aaron Eckhart and Carice van Houten. Carice plays "The Red Woman" on Game of Thrones.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3216348/reference

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I finally saw Split (2017) last night.

It's about a man with multiple personalities, and one of them likes to kidnap teenage girls. There's a twist about one of the personalities I'll leave out.

I was expecting more since there were a couple big names in the movie. It was good, but not great. It kept my attention. I do recommend it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4972582/reference

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 24, 2017 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The original Dracula (1931) is on Svengoolie tomorrow, Saturday night 3/25 .

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 27, 2017 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I wasn't expecting much from this movie since it sounded so cliche, but I was happily surprised. Rotten Tomatoes gave it 93%!

The Devil's Candy (US Release 2017)

It's about a starving artist and his family moving into a country home, and of course there were murders in the house so they got it cheap.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4935372/reference

I know it sounds like it the same old story, but it's not. It's much better.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Last night I watched "The Bye Bye Man (2017)" and I loved it!

It's about a young college couple and their best friend moving into a house off campus. They accidentally unleash the evil of "The Bye Bye Man".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4030600/reference

I actually let out a 2 or 3 screams during this movie and I scared my dogs. Definitely watch alone, at night, in the dark :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Another very good one....

Dig Two Graves (2017)

A young girl's obsession with her brother's death leads her on a nightmarish journey where she is faced with a deadly proposition to bring him back.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2633076/reference

This movie goes back and forth between 1947 and 1977. Toward the end it gets a little confusing with the going back and forth.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 31, 2017 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I watched a truly awful one today.

Bornless Ones (2016)

A young woman and her brother with cerebral palsy move into a country home. Her boyfriend also moves in with them, and their 2 friends come along to help them move in.

The house has demons that if you let one in your body, it promises to heal you. But what it doesn't let you know is what it will do to everyone else.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6010518/reference

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Friday, March 31, 2017 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I love reading your reviews Naja, thank you. One of these days I am going to round a few of these up and have a 'fear' day... My Daughter loves the scary shows so I often suggest some to her. Keep it up.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 31, 2017 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
You're welcome :-) But like I said before, I consider them more "recommendations" than reviews since I only say a sentence or two about them :-) I'd be fired if I was a reviewer....LOL

I'm actually popping in to let anybody with comcast/xfinity know that the movie I had been pushing (but no one could find) is now in the free streampix movies in on-demand.

"Lake Mungo (2008)"

It's a fake documentary about a girl who drowned.

This movie is not a scream and jump type movie. It's more of a slow burn of a scary mystery, with some twists and turns. The best I could describe it is "haunting".

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Lake Mungo does sound good.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 10, 2017 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I watched a couple of duds over the weekend.

Evil in Her (2017)

It's about a woman being possessed by the spirit of a rape victim that wants revenge.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5526536/reference

-------

And this one wasn't as bad, but still not good:

Most likely to Die (2015)

A bunch of 20-somethings gather for a party the night before their 10th HS reunion. Of course they are one by one killed off by a scorned classmate.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4163224/reference

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'll tell ya what I am waiting impatiently for---

"Rings", the third installment in "The Ring" series.

The DVD/BD is out in 2 weeks, which means my wait is almost over! Yay!

I am banking on Johnny Galecki to be big enough not to have taken part in a stinker. (He's Leonard on Big Bang Theory)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 5:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL I watched Most Likely to Die with my DD and one of her friends a few weeks ago (she was having a sleepover and they were trying to find horror movies to watch). The acting was pretty bad but I kind of enjoyed it (given my low expectations). My DD and her friend take Drama at school and they weren't impressed.

The Ring was a creepy movie. Hope this one is good.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
FYI about The Bye Bye Man... it was written by Jonathan Penner... of Survivor fame.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I loved Penner, but I'm not sure we are up for the Bye Bye Man. My daughter watched the trailer and wouldn't go into her bedroom alone after that. LOL.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I loved Penner, but I'm not sure we are up for the Bye Bye Man. My daughter watched the trailer and wouldn't go into her bedroom alone after that. LOL.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Wow, I had no idea Penner was in show business, and for so long. I checked his IMDB page he's been around since the 80s.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, April 14, 2017 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I swear I get scared just reading this thread. There's no way I could watch any of these "alone and in the dark" lol!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This has to be one of the strangest ghost stories I have ever watched. But it was good.

Personal Shopper (2016)

A young American woman (Kristen Stewart), had a twin brother that passed away in Paris. They had a pact that the one who dies first will contact the other from the other side if it's at all possible. So she works as a personal shopper in Paris to pay her bills as she waits for signs from her dead brother.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4714782/reference

I definitely recommend it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 21, 2017 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I watched a true horror movie late last night that was truly gut wrenching. I was going to completely turn it off when I realized what it was about, but instead I FF'ed through the worst scenes.

Cruel Summer (2016)

It's about an older teen boy with autism that decides to go on an overnight camping trip by himself to earn some kind of badge for what seems like a boy scouts type club. He is completely prepared and his family is supporting him.

Another group of older teens (2 boys and a girl) believe rumors that this innocent guy with autism is a child molester, so they follow him into the woods to teach him a lesson. (He's not a child molester)

This movie is so upsetting.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3071192/reference

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, April 21, 2017 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I have to say, as bad as the acting was in this movie, it was still a lot of fun. I liked it. It's an Indie movie.

The Dark Tapes (2017)

It's 4 different tales on found footage of ghost and demons in the real world.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5068650/reference