TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 16, 2004

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: New on Video/DVD: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 16, 2004 users admin

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, April 02, 2004 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Lycanthrope. I'm going to get The Final Countdown for my brother's birthday next week. I usually don't care for war flicks but have always liked this one.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I saw Best in Show today. Gut bustingly funny :-)

Landi

07-29-2002

Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landi a private message Print Post    
ketchup, now you have to see a mighty wind christopher guest and michael mckeon are GENIUSES!

Weinermr

08-18-2001

Saturday, April 03, 2004 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Weinermr a private message Print Post    
Eugene Levy is high-larious too.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 2:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I saw Mighty wind. I put that below BIS.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I liked Best In Show more than Mighty Wind. I like all of the Christopher Best movies but I think Best In Show is the best one. Waiting for Guffman is pretty darn funny too. But I do have to say that Eugene Levy was too funny in Mighty Wind. I loved the way he talked.

Landi

07-29-2002

Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landi a private message Print Post    
eugene levy made a mighty wind! but, i loved best in show even more. the characters that they create are so rich!}

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, April 04, 2004 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Utility closet ROFLMAO :-)

Bluebug

01-05-2004

Monday, April 12, 2004 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluebug a private message Print Post    
KILL BILL ON DVD TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, April 14, 2004 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
For anyone who cares, Timeline was released this week on DVD as well.

Tashakinz

11-13-2002

Monday, May 24, 2004 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
Watched "Elephant" yesterday. Very disturbing. Great acting from a bunch of non-actors.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, June 02, 2004 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Starship Troopers 2 and Monster were released this week. Monster is outstanding, but not for kids.

ST2 is more of a horror film than a sci-fi film. Also not for kids.

Also, the extended cut of Underworld came out today. There's more character development, a love scene where they had to struggle to not show any bare female breasts, and a new commentary track by Kate, Len, and Scott.

Tashakinz

11-13-2002

Thursday, June 10, 2004 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
Unless you want to watch a movie that is 2+ hours of ballet with no plot (that I could find anyway) don't bother with "The Company."

Froggiegirl621

02-14-2003

Monday, June 28, 2004 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Froggiegirl621 a private message Print Post    
We rented and watched Bad Santa last night. Let me start of by saying that Billy Bob Thornton annoys the crap outta me, so I was not looking forward to watching this. It started off VERY offensive to me...the language and actions just turned me off. As the movie went on, it got more of a story to it and by the end I was happy that I stuck it out. This is in NO WAY a child's movie, just to clarify, even though "Santa" in the title may steer you to think otherwise. Overall, it was an okay movie and kept me occupied on a boring Sunday afternoon.

Kaili

08-31-2000

Monday, June 28, 2004 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
Tim and I watched "Secret Window" last night. Pretty much the same formula as a lot of movies of the type, but still good. Hey, Johnny Depp can add a lot to any movie :-)

Tashakinz

11-13-2002

Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
I checked out "The Perfect Score" last night. It was a cute teen caper, well scripted and acted.

Kaili

08-31-2000

Thursday, July 01, 2004 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
I watched Bad-er Santa last night- I fell asleep for a little bit toward the end. It was okay. I like Billy Bob and I liked the little boy. I will never be able to watch the Gilmore Girls the same again though. Oh, Lorelai! Why?!

Tashakinz

11-13-2002

Tuesday, July 06, 2004 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
I generally like Val Kilmer so I checked out "Spartan" yesterday. It was an interesting plot, but not well played out. You'd have to be really bored to enjoy it.

Jedisan

01-11-2002

Saturday, July 10, 2004 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jedisan a private message Print Post    
DH and I rented "The Station Agent".

We enjoyed it very much.

Kaili

08-31-2000

Monday, July 12, 2004 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaili a private message Print Post    
I rented "The Butterfly Effect" last night- I liked it a lot. Interesting concept and interesting how they were all tied together and how such small changed could have changed their lives so much. Plus, Ashton as a frat boy was too funny.

Tashakinz

11-13-2002

Monday, July 12, 2004 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
Also saw "The Butterfly Effect" yesterday. It was a very interesting movie and well done.

Meemo

08-22-2002

Tuesday, July 13, 2004 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meemo a private message Print Post    
i also saw "The Butterfly Effect". it was good but i didn't like the ending.
i also saw "Cold Mountain" this was a pleasant surprise. i didn't think i would like it but it turned out good.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I saw it also recently. There are two endings on the disc. One on the theatrical release, and one on the director's cut. They're very different, Meemo, so maybe you'd like the one you haven't seen better???

Urgrace

08-19-2000

Thursday, July 15, 2004 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Urgrace a private message Print Post    
Watched Secret Window on dvd tonight and liked about two thirds of it but then it went downhill with the ending. Was there any significance with the new braces on his teeth? I must have missed it.

Meemo

08-22-2002

Friday, July 16, 2004 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Meemo a private message Print Post    
there was an alternate ending? i did not know that, thanks.