TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 21, 2016

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Scary Movies - Old and New: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 21, 2016 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 5:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I haven't seen Antiviral, but I added it to my list.

And you mentioned "The Exorcist". My goodness, that is a great horror movie. To me the greatest scary movies surpass the passage of time and are the ones that make you scared to be alone in your own home.

I was too little to see it when it came out, I think 6 or 7. But I remember people talking about it. I didn't see it myself until I was in my 20s. And I am sure I was just as scared as people who saw it in the 1970s. It's timeless.

There's a documentary from last year replaying on SHO this weekend called "Why Horror?"

It's interviews with lovers of horror movies with the objective of trying to find out why we love horror movies.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
So,have you seen'The Innocents?

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 28, 2015 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen it, Lakecat. I'll look for it.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 29, 2015 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Just for fun, I came across this list called 10 Really Scary Movies You May Have Missed.

Any thoughts on these? The only one that I've seen (and liked) is Event Horizon.

http://www.blumhouse.com/2015/10/28/10-really-scary-movies-you-may-have-missed/

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, October 30, 2015 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Did you mention The Conjuring above thread ? I've read several recommendations for it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 30, 2015 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed "The Conjuring", Lakecat.

It's sequel "Annabelle" wasn't near as good. But it was still fun.

Jimmer, one of those movies on your list scared the crap out of me when I was a kid! The one called "Dead of Night" and one of the stories in it had the short "Bobby". They even remade it in the 90's and it was scarier! :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 13, 2015 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I downloaded a new load of scary movies, so I'm just hoping for time to watch them and report back. I got so set back on my watching movies and tv shows because of baseball and the political debates. I am in catch-up mode through Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 02, 2015 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This one was so good!

Jessabelle (2014)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2300975/reference

I'll do the synopsis in my words.

It's about a young woman who returns home to her bayou beginnings to live with her Dad while she recoups from a horrible accident.

Some scary things come to light about her past.

Melfie1222

07-29-2002

Sunday, December 06, 2015 - 12:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Melfie1222 a private message Print Post    
A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night was really good.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2326554/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Not what I expected, and it's one of those movies that sort of haunts you after, at least it did me. I loved the black and white and I loved the sort of role reversal of the usual male predator and female victim. I will be watching this one again. Some great music too that I had to look up and add to my Spotify lists.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 12:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Melfie, I saw that a few months ago. I agree it is very good. It's so dark and disturbing. I didn't even realize it was vampire movie until way in.

eta: It's in Persian with English subtitles.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just downloaded a dozen or so scary movies to try and watch over the next couple weeks while all of my regular shows stopped because of the holidays. It's so weird looking at my dvr planned programs and there are many nights where nothing is scheduled. It's the best time to catch up on scary movies :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 24, 2015 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Let us know if you find anything good! :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 28, 2015 - 11:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I watched "13 Sins (2014)" today.

It's officially in the categories horror and thriller, but I think it's more thriller/comedy with some blood.

I really liked it! It's about a down on his his luck fellow who receives an anonymous phone call that if can complete 13 tasks, he will be a multi-millionaire.

Some of the tasks are easy, some are horrific, which is where I think the "horror" comes in.

I recommend this one :-)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2059171/reference

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That sounds like an interesting premise.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, January 01, 2016 - 3:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
How does Insidious 3 compare to the other two? tyia

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, January 05, 2016 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ketch, I haven't seen it yet, but I sure hope it's better than 2. I thought 2 was very lacking.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Has anybody seen the trailer for this new scary movie "The Boy"? It stars the same girl that plays Maggie on AMC's "The Walking Dead".

Now this is the kind of scary movie that would give me nightmares.

"The Boy" trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6KNp4FEKUg

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Naja - I hadn't heard of the movie but just watched the trailer you linked. Freaky, and definitely looks scary, but interesting too.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Looks interesting. Its got all the stuff you need for a creepy movie too.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That is creepy for sure. I love the introduction when she meets him for the first time.

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, January 07, 2016 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Looks kind of like a demented version of Lars and the Real Girl.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 15, 2016 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
HAHAHA, I am laughing at myself.

I downloaded a movie called "Tusk" thinking I was actually downloading the famous movie "Horns" starring Daniel Radcliffe.

OH boy was this a fun mistake....LOL

I won't give it away, except that it is a scary movie starring the wonderful Justin Long. It's fun scary :-) Please watch it if you can without looking at spoilers.

The basic premise is that an American podcaster travels to Canada to interview an interesting guy. And things take a weird turn :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just watched the 2015 remake of "Poltergeist" and it was pretty bad. I don't understand why they remade it at all.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Today I watched "The Visit (2015)"

It was a blast! It's about 2 kids going to stay with their grandparents for a week that they have never met before. Their mom ran away when she was younger and never kept in contact, but the grandparents found her and asked if they could get to know her children, and she agreed to let them visit. After the kids get there, things start getting a little weird.

This movie has the best twist ever.
Here's the official trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfQnRjkuvaY

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
How Scary is it Naja? Lots of jumps?