TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 02, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: General Chit Chat: Archive through July 02, 2015 users admin

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Oh WOW! I watched part 2. I think that's it! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb1p9K8R4Iw Maybe I was so scared I didn't watch any more of it! And maybe the one little evil doll multiplied in my mind. I'm surprised I didn't have nightmares for years over that one. So, so creepy!

Thanks a bunch Naja!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
And just a side note -- I would never let my kid watch that -- what were my parents thinking?! :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
hahaha! I knew it had to be one of those.

You know I have seen every ep of Night Gallery 20x or more, but I still keep my dvr set to record the reruns every night :-) I love that old show. I remember my babysitter watching it with me when I was little, and I was so scared. It's funny how being so scared is a good memory...LOL

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
That scene of the little doll sliding the knife back and forth under the door... *shiver*. I think a lot of us kids grew up on that stuff. Night Gallery was often a family event! My child turned white as a sheet over a Bones episode -- she would have never survived our childhoods. :-)

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, May 16, 2014 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
as a kid that lil doll scared the shit outta me! I think that doll is in the Smithsonian

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, May 16, 2014 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Hmmm... I 've been through a lot of the smithsonians and I didn't see that doll. Thank goodness! Would have given me nightmares.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, May 16, 2014 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
maybe it was just a rumor back in the day :-) Karen Black was the go to horror girl in the 70s...She was great in Burnt Offerings

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Saturday, May 17, 2014 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
It was in the Smithsonian back in the 80's, I know, as I saw it. The Smithsonian {Air & Space, Natural History, etc.) is so large they are continuously moving exhibits to be current and enticing.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am laughing right now because my DVR decided to change channels on the show I was watching to record the Night Gallery ep called "Lagoda's heads"....LOL Really, it's on right now on my local channel MeTV.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think they play that one a lot! :-)

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Denzel Washington will be The Equalizer

Calamity

10-18-2001

Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 7:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Like the tv show?

~~~~~~~

Has anyone seen Snowpiercer? Is it worth $6.99 on pay-per-view (I last got something - it was free -on ppv was in 1999, maybe early 2000) or should it be seen on the big screen?

Also, does anyone know the name of a recent film about a group of 20-something friends who spot their own lookalikes? It may be an indie film.

Thanks.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I saw Snowpiercer. It got great reviews by the critics, not sure about how the people rated it. I did the pay per view. I do not think it's a must see for the big screen.

I did not like it. I don't think it was a good movie. (I have seen movies that I thought were good that I just didn't like.) It wasn't terrible though. It is dark, disturbing, and depressing. There were some interesting moments.

It is a post apocalyptic film. That is not a genre I usually like. There just wasn't anything else at all that I wanted to see in the theater. That's where I really wanted to see a movie, but I was reluctant to spend the $ for a movie that I was pretty much settling on. I'm so glad I watched it pay per view.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Monday, July 21, 2014 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Happymom. I'm not big on apocalyptic/post-apocalyptic stories either but the good reviews made me wonder if I should give it a try. Glad I asked before spending the money.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
9 noms for Grand Budapest Hotel & Birdman

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Ok this is the second time I've started Grand Budapest Hotel and I can't get past 20 minutes. Boring. Should I give it more time?

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, January 17, 2015 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I loved it. The story gets pretty interesting. DH even made it through the whole thing with me without falling asleep.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 12:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Grand Budapest Hotel is maybe my favorite film of the year. I love Wes Anderson, though, and always have...I even own the special two disc editions of Royal Tannenbaums and Life Aquatic.

Been catching up on films this weekend. Foxcatcher is next.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 1:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Grand Budapest Hotel was my Least Fave film of tbe year. Wasted my time. Hated it.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 4:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Oh thank goodness it's not just me. Lol I really tried to enjoy the Grand Budapest Hotel, but the story just never grabbed me and I finally just turned it off.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, January 18, 2015 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I finally watched Into the Woods expecting to hate it. I didn't hate it at all, but it's a weak substitute for the play. In the play, the second act is so much more prominent, with its dystopian angst, but the film wanted to be more optimistic. For what it was, it was very good, though. Just not the Sondheim I wanted.

I really didn't like Anjelina Joliet's anti-torture film, Unbroken. Even if it's all true, at a certain point all the abuse became gratuitous. Good performance by the lead though.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, May 25, 2015 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
A couple of observations: the new San Andreas movie looks a lot like 2012 at first blush.

Inside Out looks like a cartoon version of the tv show, "Herman's Head".

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 26, 2015 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This article made me laugh. There was a little "oopsie" at a movie theatre where they accidentally started showing a very horrifying scary movie to a crowd of children and their parents who were expecting the animated Disney movie "Inside Out".

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/26/parents-children-horrified-by-inside-outinsidious-mix-up

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Do you guys think it's ok for me to start a separate thread for horror movies discussion, old and new?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, July 02, 2015 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Sure!