TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 18, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens : Archive through December 18, 2015 users admin

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, October 19, 2015 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Starting this thread :-)

Who got tickets before everything crashed?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, October 19, 2015 - 8:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I didn't but it is one of the upcoming movies that I am looking forward to seeing.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
I am making a game day decision... Premiere or full day marathon ...I got tickets for both....(not much I would sacrifice a whole day away from work and my son for)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The full day marathon is all the movies?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Yup..the one closest to me starts at 3am and plays all six movies before the premiere that evening of number VII. It sounds insane in every way but....

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, October 20, 2015 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I've seen every Star Wars movies at the theater. Sure I will this one, too. The first was 40 years ago, yes?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - 3:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Almost..38 years (1977)

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, October 22, 2015 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
konashark bought tickets to the marathon. starts at 4a here. either i'm going or a friend of his will fly in to see it with him....then i won't have to take a day off work.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, October 30, 2015 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
they should have the marathon on a plane,or the international space station

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, October 30, 2015 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I've never seen the first one. It's Just not my genre. Maybe if it had starred better actors I would have attempted it ,but not a fan of Carrie fisher or Mark Hamill.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Friday, October 30, 2015 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
My son has all six movies on DVD, so I think we will have our own marathon before the new one comes out.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, October 30, 2015 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Never has been about the actors for me, it's the story that could be told against any backdrop......although even before I knew Alec Guinness as an actor, I loved him because of this role.

Dlkuhn4

07-14-2002

Tuesday, December 15, 2015 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
We got tickets to the Thursday shows to avoid the Thursday at midnight craziness. We always got tickets to midnight show for twilight, Harry potter but it was crazy. I was surprised I got tickets to 7 pm show on Thursday. I thought it didn't show until midnight Thursday or should I say Friday.can't wait

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 - 2:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Ketchup lover where have you been? I need reviews.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 1:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Let us know DLK. I've never seen any of the Star Wars movies. It's not my genre, but I may sit down and watch the first some cold and dreary weekend in my Jammie's.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
My daughter hasn't seen the star wars films either and I havem't seen them in decades. I'm wondering if we can go into the new one cold and still enjoy it? I may find a recap of Jedi just to refresh my memory a bit.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, December 17, 2015 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
We're heading out in one hour ~ Let the excitement begin!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, December 18, 2015 - 12:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Loved it! I wasn't that impressed with the trailers and was worried I wouldn't care for the two new young actors but within minutes, I adored them both! Great job they did!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, December 18, 2015 - 6:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This is so great to hear. Thanks for the review.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, December 18, 2015 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
as i posted on facebook (without any spoilers) - if you liked the franchise even an ounce you will enjoy the movie and if you love the original trilogy, this episode is exactly what we have waited 32 years to see! Bottom line - i cannot wait for Ep VIII to see what happens next...

and for the record, even at my age and exhausting week, it was SOOO worth it to attend the marathon and enjoy all seven movies on the silver screen again

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, December 18, 2015 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The marathon sounds like so much fun Legal.
What do we need to recall about the 6 prior films to be set up and ready to watch the latest?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, December 18, 2015 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Legal, you stayed in a theater for 14 hours to watch the marathon?

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, December 18, 2015 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I hope there were bathroom breaks....

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, December 18, 2015 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
actually it was 18 hours - and they had nice 15 minute breaks - plus a 50 min break between ep 3 and 4... it was a packed house but very cordial so that was nice. :-)

without spoiling anything just think about the lineage of Luke and Leia - and be aware of the core characters (Luke, Leia, Han Solo, Darth Vader) - even if no longer alive, the connections will all be in Episode VII with enough guessing to want more - and i did like the new characters too - would have liked them even as a stand alone movie.

watching all 7 movies let me fully appreciate the love Chewbacca and R2D2 portray - and you see that again in this movie (i don't think that is a spoiler)

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, December 18, 2015 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Are we agreeing to NOT SPOIL on this thread? I hope so! I don't think it's that big of a deal (having guessed what the spoilers might be) but I do think it adds to the fun to not be spoiled the first time you see it.

Brenda ~ My opinion is that this movie can stand on its own but obviously it's more fun if you've seen the rest. If you remember what happened to Luke at the end when he fights his father (6th movie chronologically), that's really all you need to remember.

I hope you all have the same experience we did - very loud and noisy crowd right up unitl the first second of the movie. Then LOUD cheers followed by utter silence until more cheers were called for but did not interfere with the watching. Geez it was fun!