TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through December 18, 2015Kappy25 12-18-15  12:02 pm
Archive through January 09, 2016Jimmer25 01-09-16  7:14 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well I read back and saw a few spoiler boxes that answered most of my questions.

The one thing we were talking about was trying to decide how old we thought Luke was. We were thinking that Han and Leia were probably in their 60's, and Luke was in his late 40's.

We were chuckling a bit because they, the movie people, solved the problem of Harrison Ford getting older for the rest of the movies.

And did Han yell out Ben or Ren, I thought he yelled Ren, but my movie mates thought he said Ben.

I do feel like I need to see it again now that I know who the different people are, and I would like to re-watch Episode 6 first, just as a refresher.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Luke and Leia are twins. :-)

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
The son is "Ben" while on the dark side he is called Kylo Ren ...the movie takes place 'approximately" 30 years after the second Death Star was destroyed so I am thinking Luke and Leah are in their mid to older 50s...Han maybe a bit older? Ep 6 was 32,years ago so at least they aged correctly...:-)

Just don't look it up on Wikipedia - it throws off readers that don't know the different storylines between the actual movies and stories that came out between the movies...(i.e. Ben is Leia and Han's son in the movie but in other "legend" stories before ep 7 came out, one of Luke's sons was named Ben)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, January 09, 2016 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH, I forgot about Leia being Luke's twin, LOL.

Thanks Legalboxer.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, January 10, 2016 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
We saw it opening night and even the Millennium Falcom got a rousing cheer when it came on screen for the first time. So much fun!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Well, my son and I finally saw it today. I thought it was great. He seems to think Ben/Ren and Rey are twins. History repeating itself, in a way. I can't wait for episode 8! Is it supposed to come out in 2018? Where was the movie filmed? That last shot climbing all those stairs?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
May 26, 2018 is ep 8 ...day before my birthday :-)

Twins would be interesting but wouldn't Han know that? Hmmmm......have to look but wasn't the last scene in Ireland?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, January 16, 2016 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
yes, love it!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Correction...may 26, 2016 is the rogue Star Wars movie... Dec 15, 2017 is ep VIII.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
thank goodness!!! I didn't want to have to wait until December 2018!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
What is the rogue Star Wars movie?

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 4:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
The rogue movie is one of three stand alone stories Disney intends to make in between the three "canon" movies everyone is eager for. The one this year tells the story of how a group stole the blueprints for the Death Star, which Leia had at the beginning of Ep IV (1977). Supposedly whole new cast of characters although rumors are we get to see Darth Vader again. The second stand alone (In 2018) will be the backstory on Han Solo while the third in 2020 supposedly revolves around Boba Fett

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ohhhhhh, thanks Legalboxer, I hadn't heard about them before.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, January 21, 2016 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
One thing I learned in the last 2 days...don't trust planned dates...I think 12,hours after I made the correction for ep VIII, I saw a new announcement about the rogue movie being in December, not May of this year..so from now on, I will just wait for when tickets go on sale before confirming a date :-)

Supposedly Ep VIII was bumped to Dec because of the Christmas success of VII and the new pirates of the carribean will be in the Memorial Day slot.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, April 02, 2016 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I went to Walmart today to buy this. Only digital copies were available. Not sure how they are, and how that works. A woman who works there said the movie will be there for sale on Tuesday. Guess I'll be going back.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, April 05, 2016 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Got my dvd copy and hubby and I watched it today. I liked it just as much as the first time I saw it, and hubby really enjoyed it, too.

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Watched the movie last night for the first time at home, second time to see it as we went to the theater when it came out. Enjoyed it more at home but we were in our own surround sound theater and we could actually hear all the dialogue. Thoroughly enjoyed our evening at the movies.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
We are waiting for it to show up on Pay TV in Canada. DH was really disappointed it's not there yet. He missed it when I saw it with a friend at the Movies, so now he's been waiting eagerly to see it on PAY TV. The thing is that USUALLY once a film hits DVD it also appears on PAY TV at the same time. So we are disappointed to have to continue to wait a bit. Anyone know how long until it hits Pay TV?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I need to go and get a DVD copy I have been wanting to see it again.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
JJ Abrams drops HINT about Rey's parents.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Well that's interesting. Normally I try to avoid spoilers like this but I realize that in this situation, resistance is futile (oops .... wrong universe).

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
That surprises me.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, April 17, 2016 - 12:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Maybe she's the offspring of Obi and Jarjar.

J/k

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: