TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 31, 2004

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: New on Video/DVD: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 31, 2004 users admin

Curiouscat

Monday, August 04, 2003 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curiouscat a private message Print Post    
Ric, Ric, Ric

This is a civic long weekend in my neck of the woods and lots of rain to boot. So I rented Narc with Ray Liotta and Jason Patric as well. I think I like this one the best. Lots of action, detective work and twists...and Jason Patric is not hard on the eyes ;) If you get the DVD, it has interesting "the making of..." extras. There are only a couple things that aren't clear to me, but otherwise, well-done movie.

Curiouscat

Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curiouscat a private message Print Post    
Anyone interested in the new aniversary DVD version of Scarface coming out next week? I'd like that in my Christmas stocking this year :)

Not1worry

Wednesday, September 24, 2003 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Not1worry a private message Print Post    
Curious, I think I'll get that for my husband. It's one of his favorites. He knows he can always make me laugh with the "Fly, pelican pelican, fly!" line."

Tashakinz

Monday, October 13, 2003 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
I rented "Confidence" with Ed Burns and Dustin Hoffman over the weekend. It was a good scam yarn. = )

Curiouscat

Monday, October 13, 2003 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curiouscat a private message Print Post    
Tashakinz, thanks for mentioning Confidence. I'll check it out this weekend on my "Blockbuster night." I also want to rent The Matrix Reloaded which is coming out tomorrow.

Lycanthrope

Wednesday, October 15, 2003 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I got Matrix: Reloaded yesterday, and I felt like I was watching a cartoon. It's not a bad movie, just a little overdone IMHO. The chase scene was cool, though, and I think married life agrees with Jada Pinkett-Smith 'cause I don't think I've ever seen her looking that good.

I also picked up a movie called 'Wrong Turn'. If the bad guys' look was a little more subtle and not so over-the-top it would have been more entertaining. Definitely not for the weak stomached.

Lycanthrope

Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Two more must purchases came out 1/6/04.

American Wedding- This was Stifler's time to shine. Some of those scenes had me rolling on the floor. The bachelor party scene was a classic, and the DVD extra that explores that scene is almost as funny as the movie scene itself.

Underworld- I'm a sci-fi/fantasy fan, and this does us fans proud. A good story woven around mythical creatures that are given a background and sufficient depth. I thought the CGI/Special effects were also first rate.

Mamie316

Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
My daughter saw Underworld at the movies and really loved it so I am anxious to see it. (plus I have this thing for Scott Speedman!)

Wargod

Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Woo hoo, I just bought Underworld, so I'm glad to see people like it. We'd seen the previews but never made it to see it at the theater.

Bought American Wedding last week (I love those movies!) We had seen that one at the theater, but I had to have it to go with the first two, lol.

Lycanthrope

Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
American Wedding came out a week ago? Man, am I slow on the uptake.

Wargod

Wednesday, January 07, 2004 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Lycan, Jan. 2, I think. If it makes a difference to you about rather its rated or unrated check it before you buy it! I picked it up at Wal Mart, got home to look at it and realized it was the rated version. Took it back to get the unrated version and they didn't have it, so I had to run to Costco and pay a couple extra bucks, but I'd rather have unrated.

Lycanthrope

Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 7:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
On my disk, it has both versions, rated and unrated. I, too, prefer the uncut version.

Blacksheep

Thursday, January 08, 2004 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Blacksheep a private message Print Post    
For Scifi/Matrix fans.. checkout Animatrix (2003) its a collection of 9 anime by different artists along the story line of the movies (some direct, others indirect or not at all)
After watching it, I immediately had to add it to my collection, I was that impressed.

Calamity

Friday, January 09, 2004 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
I got the Looney Tunes Golden Collection for Christmas. I just test screened the set to make sure it worked okay but couldn't resist watching a couple of the cartoons. I think the Daffy Duck disc actually has a superior selection than the Bugs Bunny one. Looking forward to enjoying these classics some cold, snowy weekend.

I also just noticed that the wonderful Jim Henson series The Storyteller is now available on DVD.

Mamie316

Saturday, January 10, 2004 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Calamity, my kids love The Storyteller. I will have to get that one, I didn't even know it was available! In fact, we named a stray kitten who hangs around our house, Scraggletag, after the episode that my daughter loved.

Calamity

Monday, January 12, 2004 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Oh that's why that name sounded familiar! I haven't seen this series since it aired back in the eighties and don't remember much about it except that I really, really enjoyed it. I have one episode that I taped off-air - "The Luck Child" - but the video quality is so poor you can't really watch it. I want this DVD too!

Babyruth

07-19-2001

Thursday, January 29, 2004 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyruth a private message Print Post    
Wanted to rent The Man On The Train, but all copies were out, so we rented The Man Without A Past, which we had never heard of, and LOVED it.

Check out the reviews here: The Man Without A Past

Sillycalimomma

11-13-2003

Wednesday, February 04, 2004 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sillycalimomma a private message Print Post    
Under the Tuscon Sun- I saw this was out now? Has anyone seen it? Was it good?

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Monday, February 09, 2004 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Finally saw "Under the Tuscan Sun" .....LOVED it!
Diane Lane is great....actually all the characters are great! Pretty funny and the scenery is unbelievable

Webkitty

07-24-2001

Monday, February 09, 2004 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Webkitty a private message Print Post    
I just rented ANGER MANAGEMENT with Jack Nicholson and Adam Sandler.
There is a little blurb on the back of the box that says its rated PG-13 for crude sexual content and language.
I missed that little blurb and thought I was renting a comedy.
I am not a prude at all, but this movie seemed as if a horny 15 year old boy wrote it. 2 hours of gratuitious smut. ug. It wasn't even funny. I think I forced a laugh twice.
And I don't think I can ever watch Jack Nicholson in anything again, that is how infuriating his character was.
I can't believe Oscar winners (Nicholson, Marisa Tomei, John Turturro) would need to stoop to doing such a grade B smutfest. Hated it.
(I never give bad reviews like this but I feel this movie mis-represented itself and some parents might rent it to watch with their older kids not knowing. Just a heads up)

Tashakinz

11-13-2002

Monday, February 09, 2004 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tashakinz a private message Print Post    
Has anyone seen Le Divorce yet? It was out when I went to the video store yesterday - looking for feedback.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Monday, February 16, 2004 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Watched "Radio" yesterday..Excellent movie and Cuba Gooding Jr. does an excellent job/acting. It is based on a true story and will leave you feeling good. No nudity and very few curse words.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Monday, February 16, 2004 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
I rented Under the Tuscan Sun last night. It was better than I had anticipated. A quiet, relaxing kind of movie. I did enjoy it.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Tuesday, February 17, 2004 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
DVD update:

"Fans have been eagerly awaiting this news since the July '03 report from USA Today that it was in-the-works. Today, TVShowsOnDVD is pleased to tell you that Northern Exposure - The Complete 1st Season will arrive on DVD this May 25th."

Very happy NX fan here...especially since my absolute favorite episode is from the first season.

Read complete article here

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, March 31, 2004 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
'The Final Countdown', circa 1979, was released today. As was the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I recommend The Final Countdown to anyone who likes a good time travel story.