TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 15, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: General Chit Chat: Archive through May 15, 2014 users admin

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, January 11, 2013 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Tickets here are $7 before 6. Not sure but they're probably $10 after 6. $2.50 additional for 3-D

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Saw Hyde Park on the Hudson Thursday afternoon. Who kew FDR was such a Lothario!!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, October 11, 2013 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
This blew me away! They did the trailer for 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' in LEGOs! Here is a side by side comparison to the original trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhPColE_3_8

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Friday, October 11, 2013 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
OMG Rieann! Too funny!!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, October 11, 2013 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I know! LOL

I guess there is a whole LEGO "movie" world out there I never knew about. You Tube had some other videos.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Friday, October 11, 2013 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
I think it all started with Star Wars. There are some very, very funny Legos / Star Wars spoofs out there dating back to the '70s. Not sure why the sci-fi / fantasy nerds are so fond of recreating things using Legos, but it does all seem to have sprouted out from that community.

In 2007 I attended the Star Wars 30th Anniversary Celebration at the LA Convention Center. It was awesome!! But the reason I even bring it up is because this reminds me of the 8 foot tall Lego Chewbacca they had there. An 8 foot Chewbacca wookie made entirely of Legos -- weird and crazy!!

(PS... I actually have a pic of it but it's on my other computer and I'm too lazy right now to go grab the file. Perhaps I'll circle back one day when you're not expecting it and will give you a laugh )

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 11:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Yesterday marked my 3rd RedBox anniversary

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, October 24, 2013 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Congrats! Has anyone tried TargetTicket.com yet? They are giving "10 free" movies right now. Granted they are movies that I really have no interest in. Looks like Target is trying to give Amazon a run for their money.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 25, 2013 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I worked for Target for a few years, and I find it hard to give the them a penny of my own money. With the mainstream media's big aim at Walmart mistreatment of their employees, I feel like Target has been able to slip by with the horrible treatment. Just because the microscope is aimed the other way.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
My dvd (and I'll never see Blu-Ray) watching days are over . Thanks for the memories.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
What's up Ketchup?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, February 08, 2014 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
netflix?

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
My last analog tv finally died. I have 1 digital tv. Until a few minutes ago I couldn't watch dvds on it. Now I can. I'm back baby

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, February 09, 2014 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
KL, YAH! but why dont you want to get a blu ray player?

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 01, 2014 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I've donated all my dvds to GoodWill.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Awhile back I posted a about a movie I saw when I was a little girl, and I posted what I could remember about it, and I think member Tishala figured out which movie I was talking about. (Thanks Tish!)

Well, I have another I would like for you guys to try to figure out from what little I can remember from when I was a kid. Here we go.

It seemed to be set in a desert area of the US. A teenage girl (maybe a little older) dressed in potato sacks, took care of her old father out in the middle of nowhere. But her dad dies and she is alone.

One day a city guy's car breaks down near her desert shack, and somehow she takes him hostage, like a pet or something. That's all I can remember. This isn't some kind of a hostage love story. The guy us really terrorized and tries to escape. I can't remember the outcome at all. I don't think it was good.

To the best of my recollection, it was a movie from the 70's. I would guess early seventies, but not I'm sure.

The girl was a sort of a homely thin blond. The man she took hostage was slim and dark haired.

Can anybody remember this movie?

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just submitted my memory to a website that specializes in this, so let's see who finds it first.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, May 11, 2014 - 11:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't know if they will post my inquiry, but it's a fun website either way.

http://www.kindertrauma.com/?cat=33

It's a website about all the tv and movies (and more) that scared us as kids. The page I posted above is their "Name That Trauma" page where people describe a scary movie or tv show they saw when they were a kid but can't remember what it is, and the readers identify it. It's such a fun site for people who have loved scary tv and movies all their lives.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, May 12, 2014 - 1:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
What an interesting website Naja! I hope they can figure it out for you. I didn't watch a lot of scary stuff as a kid but it's amazing how snippets of TV that scared us sticks in our minds.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The folks over at Kinder Trauma figured it out. It's
“The Strange Vengeance of Rosalie (1972” starring Bonnie Bedelia.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
That's cool Naja. Maybe I need to post there. I have a hard time even going to the page because it's scary. LOL. I'm not a horror film fan, but I remember seeing some kind of TV episode -- on a show probably something like Night Gallery, likely in the 70's. There were these little beings, like island natives in grass skirts with coconut sized heads -- I don't know if they were dolls come to life or what, but I remember they were really small and were coming for this person who was sleeping, on a couch I think? I don't remember much at all, but I remember being SO creeped out by it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's either the Night Gallery ep called "Logoda's Heads", or the scary movie called "Trilogy of Terror", where Karen Black starred in a 3 scary short films, and a scary doll terrorized her in one.

Here's the night gallery ep. The heads are in the last segment.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/58797

My guess is that it's the Karen Black movie because the night gallery ep never showed the heads killing anybody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLFqtrm2R1s

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
And this is stuff I know off the top of my head because I really am into old scary movies and tv....LOL

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Btw, here is the most excellent Night Gallery website out there. They have everything you need to know about NG. They even have for download the short stories that the episodes were based on.

http://nightgallery.net/

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 15, 2014 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I may have nightmares now Naja. LOL. I can't believe you know all of that! I actually taped that Night Gallery a few weeks ago, it's not the one. So maybe it wasn't night gallery at all because I think you likely have all the eps card catalogued in your brain. The setting was a modern (well 1970's) home or apartment. So, the other clip is closer and TOTALLY SCARY! That is so creepy! But there were lots of little head dolls like that. And they were swarming toward someone as the show ended. It could all be a figment of my imagination too! But I remember talking with my best friend about it, so that would have been late 70's, like 76 or 77 or 78?