TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 01, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Gravity: Archive through November 01, 2013 users admin

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, October 04, 2013 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Wondrous

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
LOVED IT!!!! We saw it in 3D.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I don't know if I will be able to watch it. Just the commercials alone freak me out!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I hope to see this next weekend. Critics are saying this is a rare film where the 3D really adds to the film -- a film that demands to be seen on the big screen and in 3D. I have to decide if I'm going to go Imax 3D or just 3D.

Loremma

04-25-2004

Monday, October 07, 2013 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Loremma a private message Print Post    
I saw it Saturday in IMAX 3D. It was wonderful in that format, if quite a lot of money - $19.00. I really enjoyed it and has me thinking about it a lot.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
10/10. I LOVED it! I think it may be the best movie I've ever seen. I saw it in 3D. Wish I'd seen it in IMAX. I'm so glad I paid the extra $3 to see it in 3D and SO glad I saw it on the big screen.

Whiplash

03-29-2011

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whiplash a private message Print Post    
I loved this movie! I have to say, though, I'm glad I did not choose 3D. I had motion sickness within twenty minutes of the film starting. Seriously thought I was going to have to leave! Lol.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Friday, October 11, 2013 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Have been looking forward to Gravity since I first heard about it. Finally going tomorrow morning!! IMAX 3D baby!!

So glad all of you enjoyed it so much.

Wow, Loremma... $19 is steep!! My neighbor and I are planning to go to an early bird showing for $10.00. I felt like that was a deal (I think I paid $15 to see The Hobbit last year) but seeing you spent $19 I feel even better about it!!

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
did not care for it

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Can you explain what you didn't like about it?

This is the kind of film that really makes you think. It's very visual, lots of symbolism. Makes you cry. That said, it's not the kind of film that I love. It's not the kind of film that really gets me excited. I can appreciate the artistry, the beauty of the film, but it doesn't grab me. It's not that I'll forget it, or what I saw. It was memorable, and gets under your skin a bit, but it didn't wow me like I'd hoped based on the reviews. I did see it in Imax 3D and I think it was worth the extra $ to see it that way.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh how I wish I could see this in 3D. I think it's probably the first movie I feel bad about not being able to see in 3D.

(eta: the reason I feel particularly bad about this one is because Sandra Bullock is
my favorite actress, and I would have liked to see this movie how it's meant to be seen)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Naja I would just try to see it on the biggest screen you can so that it fills your visual field.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure how much bigger I can see it than my local movie theatre screen? I am blind in one eye, and you need vision in both eyes to see 3D.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think as long as you go to a nice big theater in the next few weeks, before they stick it back in the tiny theaters you'll be fine.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 13, 2013 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Brenda. yeah, I go to the movies often and bigger does make it a little better (LOL that sounded funny), but having attended some 3D movies in giant theatres with family that can actually see them, it's not the same. But it is funny looking around seeing people ducking and screaming at something I can't see.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, October 14, 2013 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Naja, an interesting article about 3D...
http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/14/tech/innovation/3d-one-eye/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
At least you can still rule over the land of the blind Naja. Perhaps you should try looking through a small hole and see how ye like it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
LOL Ketch!

That looking through a small hole is actually a trick that I (and many) have used just to see something clearer before I got glasses for my nearsightedness. It does not make something appear 3D, but it does make something in the distance appear clearer. How I did it was make my hand into the shape a pretend horn, and hold it to my eye. I made the hole very tiny, almost dot sized, aimed right at what I wanted to see.

Believe me, it may make something off in the distance a little clearer, but it doesn't make 2D look 3D. The whole definition of 3D is having 2 simultaneous, and 2 different perspectives. Peeking through a little hole with one eye is still just one perspective.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Saturday, October 26, 2013 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Going to see it with hubby tomorrow morning in 3D. Would have probably preferred IMAX, but the IMAX theater show times don't work for us.
We have a local dinner theater that has early morning breakfast movies on Saturday and Sunday.
I love going to a movie over breakfast, then doing the grocery shopping nearby and being back home by noon for Sunday chores.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, October 26, 2013 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
We saw it in 3-D Thursday night (no Imax closer than 65 miles one way). LOVED it! I'm pretty sure I had muscles tensed the entire time!

Holly

07-21-2001

Saturday, October 26, 2013 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Saw it tonight in IMAX 3D. Awesome.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Saw it two weeks ago in IMAX 3D.

Visually gorgeous!

I found the storyline a little formulaic, at least in the broad stokes; but that didn't diminish the entertainment factor.

A really well done film all the way around.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Friday, November 01, 2013 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
I'm not a fan of 3D films, so I saw it in 2D but I really liked it!

I thought maybe Sandra's legs had been a bit airbrushed though because they looked very firm and young and although I know she is very fit, they shouldn't have looked that smooth.

Also the part when she grabbed the fire extinguisher instantly reminded me of Wall-E and made me smile. :-)

Holly

07-21-2001

Friday, November 01, 2013 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I thought maybe Sandra's legs had been a bit airbrushed though because they looked very firm and young and although I know she is very fit, they shouldn't have looked that smooth.

Huh? Airbrushed in a movie??

Her whole body is ultra firm. Did you not notice her buns and boobs?

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, November 01, 2013 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Yes, I heard The Answer discussing it awhile back. Unbelievable as it may seem there are some stars who demand frame by frame airbrushing for movies. As far as changing the entire shape/tip of a nose, removing jowels, flattening stomachs, etc. Nice to know technology is being used for such an elevated purpose. LOL

PS Not to say that Bullock did this, I have no clue, just saying it is not an uncommon practise.