TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 02, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: General Chit Chat: Archive through October 02, 2012 users admin

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I love the theater experience - and never more than with a film like this one. It was the 1:00 show on a Monday afternoon, and there were over 30 people in the theater. That is a lot for the day and time!

What I liked about the theater experience was all the people talking back to the film, Usually that bothers me, but this time it just felt so very right Nobody was shouting out, but I could hear murmurs all around me -

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The three stooges -- went with my daughter's scouts troop. And YES, it's as bad as you think it will be. Why did they even make this film? Neither the Farrelly brother nor Jane Lynch could save this stinker.

Did get to see a cute preview for Tim Burton's Frankenweenie! Love the short,can't wait to see a feature length film.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Monday, April 30, 2012 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
The 'Dark Shadows' movie with Johnny Depp looks hysterical. Opens May 11th.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, April 30, 2012 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
This goes back a ways, but I've been exploring some of the freebies on Amazon Prime Instant Streaming. Watched The Principal w/Jim Belushi and absolutely loved it.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
7-3-13 Independence Day in 3D. Be there. Aloha.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
Any word on Snowwhite & the Huntsmen?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, May 31, 2012 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Ebert liked it, I think mostly for the visuals. I didn't read the entire review because I didn't want to be spoiled. The previews are so visually stunning that I'll go see it in the theater so I can enjoy all the special effects.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 3:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
Good I think I go see it I wasn't sure about it Thanks Brenda.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
WHAT ON EARTH!!!!??????????

I just found out Tom Cruise was cast as JACK REACHER!!!

WHY??????

I'm in shock. After reading the novels I JUST CANNOT see it. What a bummer!!!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Thursday, July 05, 2012 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Saw this pic on the IMDB main page for 'Here Comes the Boom'. I didn't even recognize this as Kevin James:

http://www.buzzsugar.com/Here-Comes-Boom-Trailer-23745790

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, July 08, 2012 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Pacific Rim..... 7.12.13 .... Be there. ..Aloha.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Channing Tatum will be Evel Knievel

Darrellh

07-21-2004

Friday, July 13, 2012 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Darrellh a private message Print Post    
Went to the 60th Anniversary showing of "Signing In The Rain", last night. Everything was wonderful, until the satellite feed cut out just as Lena Lamont was giving her speech. The theater could not get it restored. We felt bad for some of the people who had never seen the movie before this. We did get free tickets as a compensation.

It was wonderful to see it on the big screen! So very different from watching on TV. People in the audience sang along, while others danced a little in their seats. And best of all, there was applause after several of the dancing sequences.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, July 13, 2012 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Darrell, it sounds like a wonderful event. I hope they get a better copy of the film and have a do-over for the audience.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, July 13, 2012 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
landi and Holly went last night to a showing too!

Darrellh

07-21-2004

Sunday, July 15, 2012 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Darrellh a private message Print Post    
MameB. it was a satellite feed. That is what messed up.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, August 06, 2012 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
The Master 9-21-12

Rieann

08-26-2006

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Has anyone seen the movie 'Bernie' with Jack Black and Shirley MacLaine? If so, what did you think? It looks pretty funny.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Rieann it's on my wish list.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Ben Affleck alters movie postscript

Argo is the tale of how six U.S. diplomats escaped from Iran, after extremists seized control of the U.S. embassy in Tehran in November 1979 and took 63 people hostage. The six were sheltered at the Canadian embassy until they made their escape in January 1980. (The others were not released until 1981.)

When Argo had its world premiere at a TIFF gala at Roy Thomson Hall on Sept. 7, the suggestion was that CIA operatives were the true heroes in the six fugitives’ escape. The old postscript sent the message that, for political reasons, Canada took the credit. A sarcastic kicker noted that Taylor received 112 citations. The clear implication was that he did not deserve them.

I cannot understand why Hollywood is seemingly incapable of telling an interesting story the way it happened. Why is it only thought that the American public would be interested if they make Americans the heroes? To me that is grossly insulting to the American public. Secondly, how much history is lost because it's competing with the false information in films like this? It was an exciting and interesting story, if Affleck didn't think so then why did he decide to make it into a film in the first place?

Darrellh

07-21-2004

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Darrellh a private message Print Post    
Going to see "The Birds" tonight. Next year will be the 50th anniversary of this movie. It was the first "scary" movie my Mom took me to see.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
We saw The Birds too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I love this Life of Pi trailer: Apple.com. (Poor zebra!)

(There's also an extended version that was just released: Movieline.)

I worry a bit how the scenes with animals were filmed. Were they computer generated? I would imagine so. Time had an article earlier this year how with new computer technology, there's no need to use real animals for filming.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, September 29, 2012 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
It is very big on CGI from what I've heard.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Anyone seen "Pitch Perfect" or "Hotel Transylvania"?

Pitch Perfect worth seeing in the theatre? As good as Bridesmaids?

I'm curious if the dialogue in Hotel Translyvania will be too adult for a 6 year old and/or if there are any scary parts?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, October 02, 2012 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Check out commonsensemedia.org. They give Hotel a 7+. I guess it depends on the kid. We didn't think it was scary.