TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Man of Steel

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Man of Steel users admin

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, June 14, 2013 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Super Duper

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Friday, June 14, 2013 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Going to a breakfast screening Sunday morning at a cinema café. In honor of Father's Day all Dads get free admission and free popcorn, so I'm taking DH. We don't have human kids, but have 2 dog children and 5 cats.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Ketchuplover....what did you think of Amy playing Lois Lane? Did she pull it off? I find her quite 'Disney' so not sure she could? How about the actor playing Clark/Superman? He pull it off?

Snoopsmom....please give me your take on the movie too once you see it!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I thought everyone was fine.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Miz for some reason Amy just rubs me the wrong way. Basically can't stand her. Not keen on seeing the movie til it shows up on my cable On Demand.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche...Amy is ok in some kid movies I've seen but I wonder how she'll do with this movie?

I kinda wanna see it in the theatre for all the special effects ect and I'm a big "Superman" fan; loved them growing up.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I did and do want to see it on the big screen as well but gotta admit that, after reading a review that said there was a 45 minute fight scene in the 2nd half, not as eager now. Drawn out battle scenes with people and things whizzing across the screen just give me a headache. With a movie well over 2 hours long it seems they could have editted that one sequence down without effecting the integrity of the film (said by someone who hasn't seen it yet LOL). Plus anything over c110 minutes guarantees I will have to make a bathroom run which is annoying!!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I can state with some certainty that unless it is spectacular a fight scene that long will bore me to pieces. Forty five minutes is an eternity.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, June 16, 2013 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I saw it today and it thought it was mediocre at best. Henry Cavill made a great Superman, but the storyline was lacking and as Rissa said, there was no reason the fight scene had to be as long as it was. I actually dozed off for a few minutes and commented to DH on the way out that there was no reason the movie had to be over 2 hours long.
They left the ending open for a Part II and based on the ending of this one I think I'd enjoy the Part II story more.
One plus to me was that during the shirtless scene it was interesting to see the Clark Kent character with a hairy chest. I'm not even a big fan of hairy chests, but am of the generation that it was the norm for most men. Now, it's so rare to see any man with hair on their chest it really stood out to me! I thought all men under 35 shaved their chests now.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, June 17, 2013 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
(An aside regarding Snoopsmom entry: I can't help but wonder how it is to make love to a man with a 5 0'clock chest hair shadow?...or other areas for that matter. It would be pretty painful I imagine.)

Beckie03

07-05-2007

Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beckie03 a private message Print Post    
Henry Cavill. Swoon. That man is everything. His British accent is just drool worth worthy.

I agree that it was too long of a movie. It really didn't need to be that long.

As long as you're not going into the movie and comparing it to the other Supermans you'll enjoy it.

Beckie03

07-05-2007

Thursday, June 20, 2013 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beckie03 a private message Print Post    
And Ophilias, not to be TMI but its not that bad especially with different positions and such.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, June 21, 2013 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I always found facial five-o'clock-shadow tore up my face. I can't imagine what would happen to a woman's more tender parts. It just doesn't compute as a very comfortable way to go.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, June 21, 2013 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Oh, but thanks for the input, Beckie.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: