TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Veronica Mars

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Veronica Mars users admin

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
YAAAAY. It's totally happening. It got the greenlight from Warner Bros.

So in case there are some Vmars fans here that aren't quite up to speed, I'll fill you in! Rob Thomas said that he has approached Warner Bros. many times in order to start a VM movie but never was successful because they don't think there are enough fans to warrant putting money into a movie.

Thus, through lots of innovation and planning Rob Thomas got them to agree to pay for distribution and marketing for the movie if he could raise $2 million from fan pledges on kickstarter. He was hoping to get the $2 mil within the 30 days of the kickstarter campaign, but we broke records and made it there in less than 24 hours!

It's currently at $3.7 mil and moving steadily onward. The more that gets pledged, the better the movie!! Check it out here:

The Veronica Mars movie project by Kickstarter

I for one, am amazed that Rob fought to put the ball in the fans' court. His hands were tied and he could do no more, but giving us the opportunity to put our money where our mouth is was a BRILLIANT idea because every fan who has pledged is more than happy to contribute in order to make this movie a reality. We want it bad!! And I'm ecstatic they gave us the chance to make it happen!

Whoami

08-02-2001

Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Cool!

Is it going to be a theatre movie, or a TV movie?

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Thursday, March 21, 2013 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
It will be a theater movie with limited release. And even then normally movies move to a wider release but I'm not sure that it will even get that.

As far as which areas are giving the most pledges, it looks like someone did stats on the campaign and there's a huge concentration between California, NYC, Chicago, and Seattle, they will definitely premiere the movie heavily in those areas I imagine.

Here is a great article that includes an interview with Rob Thomas who seems like a great guy.

Exclusive: 'Veronica Mars' creator Rob Thomas on the wildly successful Kickstarter movie campaign

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Green Bay is not playing Veronica Mars in theaters so my sister, a friend and I are driving about an hour and a half to see it in Milwaukee. So excited to take a little roadtrip! I'd probably drive to Chicago if I had to in order to see it.

It's only like 8 days away! Yay!

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Found these on Veronica Mars: Official Movie Tumblr. They were so much fun I had to share!

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Well, yesterday it was at 60% on Rotten Tomatoes. Today it's at 75%.

Here's hoping it keeps going up!

Ultimately though I heard one review say that even if this movie only pleases the diehard fans, it's done it's job. We are the ones who funded the movie, so we are the one's that need to love it. (Although I think we all want it to be a smash success with people unfamiliar with the series and even moreso get them to watch it and become fans!)

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Saw it yesterday at the theater and loooooved it!!!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Rented it at home on our PVR, got the popcorn and tea ready and watched it in front of the fire with dh and girls. Great way to spend the evening, everyone enjoyed it, even hubby who has never seen a single episode of the original series. There were a couple insider jokes (ie the thing about her being with the FBI LOLOL) but the story itself was pretty clear to a newbie.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: