TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 24, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Oscars!: Archive through February 24, 2013 users admin

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Ok so it is that time of your again and the Oscars are in a few days. I am polishing my tiara!

I just saw the last of the Oscar nominated films so I thought I would give my opinion and pick the winner!

1. Amour......ok so I do not know if anybody else saw this film or even heard of it. It is about an older couple and the wife has a stroke, the film deals with how independent people deal with becoming dependent. It was very sad and upsetting. The film is in French. It was a good film and the actress who played the wife was amazing. I do not see it winning but will win best foreign film.

2. Argo....This was the last of the nominated films I saw. I waited for it to come out on demand. It was ok, I was happy I did not pay full price to see it.

3. Beasts of the Southern wild. I loved this film. It was well made and really well acted.

4. Django Unchained. Another film I loved. But I have always been a Tarintino fan.

5. Les Miserable. I was so bored and no I did not think the singing was all that great.

6. Life of Pi. I loved the book but never saw it as being movie material. It was good and well acted and they covered the book quite well. Also you can see my house in the window of the interior scenes. they filmed across the street.

7. Lincoln. Loved this film. Well acted and great presentation of the story.

8. Silver Linings Playbook. Loved loved loved this film. I had to be dragged to it because I did not want to see it. Really happy I did.

9. Zero Dark Thirty. Really wanted to like this film but sorry no. Hurt Locker was amazing this was meh.

So my pick for the winner is: Argo! Yes I picked a film I did not like. For some reason I never really like the film that wins best picture.

Who I would like to win: Silver Lining Playbook.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Other picks by me:

Best Actor:
Winner will be: Daniel Day-Lewis.

Best actress:
Winner will be: Jennifer Lawrence. But I would like to see Emmanuelle Riva (Amour) win.

Supporting Actor:
Winner will be: Tommy Lee Jones. But i really want Christoph Waltz to win. I love him so much.

Supporting Actress:
Winner will Be: Anne Hathaway. I do not think she deserves it and will root for anyone else.

animated Feature:
The winner will be: Wreck it Ralph. But i liked them all so anyone could take it and I will be happy.

Foreign Film:
The winner will be: amour. But A Royal affair should win it was amazing.

directing:
The winner will be: Spielberg. He should win.

Those are my picks let me know if you agree. and yes I love to go to the movies.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
thanks Pippen. This is the first year I havent seen any of the nominated films-I wanted to,just never got around to it.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm agreeing with many of your picks Pippin.

I'd like to see ARgo win best picture. I just really enjoyed this film. I thought it was very well done.
I did not see Amour, Beasts of the Southern Wild, or Life of Pi. None of those films really interest me. I did see the rest and would say after Argo, Lincoln would be my second pick.

I think Brave will win best Animated film.

DDL will win best Actor for Lincoln. Anything else will be a crime.

For actress, I have seen so few of the films so I have to go with Jennifer Lawrence. Not sure I understand the nomination for Chastain -- The story is what is compelling, the acting wasn't anything memorable to me.

I'd be happy with Tommy Lee Jones and Sally Field winning for supporting roles for Lincoln.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Sadly, I've only seen Lincoln (a total rug show - I found the script strangely boring for such an interesting subject) and Beasts of the Southern Wild (intensely disliked it and found it weird). Day-Lewis was awesome, I don't think it would hurt anyone's feelings if he won again. I've heard some rumblings about Joaquin Phoenix in the Master, though, they're giving him the dark horse. Tommy Lee Jones was also good, but I didn't see his part as an award-winner, supporting or otherwise. I don't get the nomination of the little girl from Beasts. She was good, but really? An Oscar nomination for Best Actress for a performance that was filmed when she was 5 years old? I do hope Spielberg wins for Lincoln, though. He has been under-served in such a stellar career.

Alan Arkin should get an Academy Award every year just for being Alan Arkin. He is such a riveting screen presence.

Trailers and nominations are here: Oscar.go.com

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I don't understand the nomination for the little girl either, but I didn't see the film. I just can't help but think that was another seasoned actress that could have been nom'd.

An Alan Arkin win would make me smile for sure. He is riveting.

I'm excited for the big night. IT's snowing here so no place to go, just curl up on the couch.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
The scheduled broadcast times for many awards are listed here (in Pacific time): Deadline.com

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Alan Arkin should get an Academy Award every year just for being Alan Arkin. He is such a riveting screen presence.

I agree! :-)

hoping that 'Searching for Sugar Man' wins best documentary feature.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
This is a little off topic but does anyone remember "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter", with Alan Arkin in his younger years? I LOVE that movie. I agree with all of you, he is definitely a talent!!!

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I need to watch that one Auntie. Here is one of my favorite Arkin moments from the In-Laws with Peter Falk...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2_w-QCWpS0

Serpentine!!!!

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Dislike Sally Fields' dress - too much red and frilly. Jennifer Lawrence's dress would be better as a straight column - I love the top, don't love the bell at the bottom. Oh look, there's Catherine Zeta-Jones and her boobs. In gold lamme.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Charlize Theron is a goddess. Seyfried's dress is beautiful - could have used a bit more color.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Only dress I've really loved so far is Reese Witherspoon's.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Michael Douglas looks great.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Reese look great with a little bit of extra weight on her. Michael Douglas looks amazingly healthy for having battled throat cancer.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Pretty dress, and she looks great, but very much dislike the pointy nipples thing that Anne Hathaway has going on. The color is great on her.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Don't like Anne Hathaway's dress. The boob darts are very distracting.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Silver is not a great color on Naomi Watts.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
Charlize is stunning. Such simplicity in the white dress, not over blinged out, and she is still stunning.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Jessica Chastain picked the perfect dress for her coloring and figure.

Beth4freedom

10-24-2003

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beth4freedom a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know if the main show will be available anywhere online for later viewing? Not sure I am going to be able to watch tonight.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
No idea, Beth.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I really hate Charlize Theron's dress, and somehow that hair, which I would normally like, isn't working for her. She looks too Amazony to pull off that gamine, Mia Farrowesque style.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I have such a hard time listening to Kelly Osbourne critiquing others' fashion choices with that ridiculous purple/gray hair.
Hello, Kelly, before knocking others, take a look in the mirror.
Oh, and who is the blond wearing the checkerboard flag outfit?

Rieann

08-26-2006

Sunday, February 24, 2013 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I really like Stacey Kiebler's dress.