TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Zero Dark Thirty

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Zero Dark Thirty users admin

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, January 11, 2013 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
100/100. OK 95/100. I know you guys don't like certainty. But it's 100/100.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 11, 2013 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ketch, how big is James Gandolfini's part? Is it throughout a big part of the movie, or just brief?

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I think he's in three or four scenes in the last half.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Saturday, January 12, 2013 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Gandolfini plays a head guy at CIA that makes the final call to recommend the raid to the Whitehouse.
We saw it last night. Even though we knew the outcome, it was edge of our seats. "Go America" was yelled by a theater goer at the final blackout, then there was some clapping. I wish there had been a prologue - where did she go afterwards, what happened to the body (yes, we know, burial at sea after DNA confirmation), what kind of information did they gleem from his computer stuff (that which has already been made public knowledge).

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Wow, recruited out of high school, spent her entire adult life chasing down UBL. Now what does she do?

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 13, 2013 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I think Gandolfini = Leon Panetta

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
agree with Kona, I wanted to see more after the fact.

I thought this movie took waaaaay too long to get going.

going to talk about the movie and have a few questions

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
I hated that they make you feel sorry for the guy getting tortured and to me this made us look like the bad guy.

Why did they kill the wife of the one guy in the compound but not the women with Osama? Did that wife pose a threat? I thought that made us look bad.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Pamy - IMHO we should feel bad in that we claim to be so self righteous but CIA (and probably others) did participate in some henious methods for questioning possible terrorist.

As for the second question - yes, there was a potential threat as things were going down very quickly and her actions made her suspcious enough they had to react quickly. Collateral damage. Happens. Fog of war.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ty for answering :-) I just didnt see that wife do anything different than the wives upstairs and they were spared, thats what confused me.

I think America should be given credit; we just didnt bomb the place. We did spare many people, incl children by going in the way they did

I also wondered why they never considered taking Osama alive, seems it was always a kill mission. Maybe they figured he would never talk or give us any useful info

Pamy

01-02-2002

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
KL, I just got your rating. Nice nod to her line in the movie :-)

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
IMHO, attempting to get UBL alive/hostage creates a situation where Al Qida goes on a "tit-for-tat" mission and nabs hostages for possible exchange. It allows UBL to continue to have publicity and promote his agenda, communicate with the various AQ cells, and push forward potential attacks. Bottom line, too dangerous.

But I'm not in the Pentagon and have no idea what they were thinking when they set up this mission.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
ahhh bet you are right!

I kept thinking the main lady reminded me of Carrie on Homeland :-)

Oliviamimi

05-30-2009

Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Oliviamimi a private message Print Post    
Going tomorrow. I can't wait! The waterboarding scenes are going to kill me. My greatest fear is drowning or the sensation of not being able to breath.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Thursday, April 04, 2013 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
This movie could have easily been 45 minutes shorter - way too much time was spent on the interrogation scenes. More could have been devoted to when they took interest in the final compound and developed their case that Bin Laden was there. I liked the film, but was annoyed at the unnecessary length. Also, with all the Jessica Chastain hype for the Oscar, I didn't find her role to have many demands that would warrant a Best Actress award. Haven't seen Silver Linings Playbook yet - am looking forward to it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: