TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Django Unchained

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Django Unchained users admin

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
10/10

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
DH and I saw this movie yesterday. It's definitely a Quentin Tarantino movie!! I like how QT uses many of the same actors in most of his movies.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Eggie, Not my kind of film, don't like violence, but popping in to say that I think it's kind of cool too, how some directors seem to have a troupe they tend to stick to. Other directors that come to mind are Woody Allen and John Cassavetes.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I agree with Ketchup, give it a 10/10. Went with DH today. I expected to like it somewhat, as I usually like anything Leonardo is in but it far exceeded my expectations.
Very bloody and graphic, but it fit the story so it didn't bother me. The repeated use of the "N" word didn't bother me either given the era and subject matter of the film.
There were many many scenes that were laugh out loud funny. This is the first movie in ages that held my interest so that I didn't do any napping.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thumbs up here as well, and while it's violent and bloody I felt that QT restrained himself from getting into too much gore -- perhaps a bit of maturity from him? DiCaprio is stunning as usual. There's the typical QT humor in the film. Nice to see QT is at the top of his game. Wish he made more films!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Quentin Tarantino refrained himself from getting into too much gore and violence??? Oh my, I don't see how the final scenes could really have been much more graphic.

If I were African-American, I would say listen to Spike Lee. You do not want to see this movie.

It was way too gritty and graphic for me to enjoy it.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I loved it. I miss the days of movies that have 2 men who "buddy-up" if you will- against evil,ala-48 Hrs and Lethal Weapon. C Waltz deserved every bit of that Oscar he got.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: