TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
This is 40

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: This is 40 users admin

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, December 22, 2012 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
So I can't decide if I enjoyed this movie or not. Left this posting overnight so I could stew over it but still not able to pin it down. LOL It is a funny film but not a laugh a minute the way past Apatow films have been. VERY relatable for both hubby and I... relationship with each other, with children, parents, etc. The main downside for me was the length... almost 2 1/2 hours!!! That's long for an epic but too too too long for a comedy. Both my dds want to see it and I have been talking them out of it. I think if you are not in a long term relationship with children that you won't find the humour relatable. At the end of the day I guess I would give it a solid B with the note that it would have been an A- with a half hour lopped off.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, December 22, 2012 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I feel the same way about it Rissa. This is a film for the older crowd and I did laugh at parts, but I would not rank it as Apatow's best. The parts that struck me the most were the teenage daughter -- she killed me because I have a moody tween at home. I think a good edit could have cut 20 minutes out of this, picking up the pace and that would have been a good thing.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, December 22, 2012 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Weren't Apatow's real-life daughters awesome though Brenda? I was impressed by both of their acting.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, December 22, 2012 - 5:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yes, his daughters did great. Felt very real, not like child actors. Impressive!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, December 25, 2012 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Just saw this today... it went on kind of long for my taste and the storyline was a bit disjointed with alot of yelling. It was okay, but think Silver Linings Playbook is a much better movie.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: