TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Skyfall

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Skyfall users admin

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 5:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Decided to put out the extra money and prepurchased reserved seating for a weekend matinee for dh, dd and myself. Really looking forward to it. Ebert gave it a fantastic review.

Ebert Skyfall review: In this 50th year of the James Bond series, with the dismal "Quantum of Solace" (2008) still in our minds, "Skyfall" triumphantly reinvents 007 in one of the best Bonds ever. This is a full-blooded, joyous, intelligent celebration of a beloved cultural icon, with Daniel Craig taking full possession of a role he previously played unconvincingly. I don't know what I expected in Bond No. 23, but certainly not an experience this invigorating.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, November 10, 2012 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Saturday, November 10, 2012 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Hated the 20 minutes of previews and the opening scene. Really liked the last half of the movie (the Skyfall manor was yummy). Infinitely better than Quantum of Solace (hated it). Javier Bardem is just badass.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, November 11, 2012 - 4:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I missed the name of the manor. When was it said? tia

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, November 11, 2012 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
It was carved into the gate/pillar/post as you entered the property. Had a statue of a stag on top of the pillar and the word *Skyfall* carved underneath.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, November 12, 2012 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I think I was mesmerized by the stag

Happymom

01-20-2003

Friday, November 16, 2012 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
KL, like your rating! lol

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, November 16, 2012 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I just saw this today with my DD. I'd rate it as one of the best Bond movies of all time. Daniel Craig has a tough edge to him that is more in character with Sean Connery's portrayal of Bond. The supporting cast was very good. I also enjoyed that they have kind of brought the series into a full circle. Looking forward to the next one already!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, November 16, 2012 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Wow Jimmer, that`s a great recommendation. Skyfall is on my wish list. And although I have to draaaag hubby to the movies, he enjoys a good action-adventure, so hopefully getting him to see this with me should be a cakewalk.

Just hope it`s not too gory. I have no stomach for that.

Nolanry

09-11-2006

Friday, November 30, 2012 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nolanry a private message Print Post    
Mame I don't think you need to worry about the gore, I've seen it twice at the theaters and I can't recall any gore. It has it's share of fight scenes, but all kicking/punching/struggling--things like that. :-) And I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, November 30, 2012 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Nolanry thanx muchly for the reassurance. :-)

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Just watched this On Demand and loved it. Bond is back!! I really enjoyed the supporting cast, especially Ben Wishaw as Q. Javier Bardem was excellent as always. A fitting movie for the 50th anniversary.

Pardon me as I take a dive into the shallow end of the pool <ahem> ... Daniel Craig as Bond just exudes hot sex.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Just watched this On Demand and loved it. Bond is back!! I really enjoyed the supporting cast, especially Ben Wishaw as Q. Javier Bardem was excellent as always. A fitting movie for the 50th anniversary.

Pardon me as I take a dive into the shallow end of the pool <ahem>... Daniel Craig as Bond just exudes hot sex.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, February 15, 2013 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Oops! Sorry for the double post. I guess I am a little "shaken and stirred". :-)

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I think this wasn't the greatest Bond movie, quite depressing actually... no exotic place (well, if you think Chinese skyscrapers exotic... bah!) and this Bond keeps screwing up all the time, even taking poor M to her death.
However, Javier Bardem was great as the villain.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Im sorry *my* James Bond is not short and fair haired. What is he,like 5'6"? I just cant get into the JB franchise until they find a new Bond. My suggestion is Jon Hamm.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
He is 5'10 Lakecat. I love that he isn't perfectly groomed, every hair in place I am not a fan of that type of pretty boy. This last movie wasn't my fave either, a little TOO rough around the edges. Did love seeing Moneypenny and her back story.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think Daniel Craig is very good in the role. I do agree that it was one of the simpler less fancy flashy Bond films from both the perspective of plot and locations.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Well I think Tom Cruise says he's 5'10" too. I think men fudge on their heights like women do on weight. I like a flashier Movie too ala Gold Finger or Diamonds Are Forever.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: