TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Rock of Ages

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: Rock of Ages users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 5:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
It starts in theaters today I believe. I'm kinda anxious to hear about it. Last Sunday night two local critics who had seen it just it was just so-so. (They couldn't say much about it at that point.) I'm curious. I never was a Tom Cruise fan. After his antics and ranting, etc. few years ago, I pretty much can't tolerate him.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Been anticipating this movie for quite awhile (saw the Broadway production) and it chafes me that Cruise is in it. Have moral issues with putting money in his pocket and for the first time in years..... {sigh}. Anyway, having seen it on stage I know the story which is really just there as an excuse for the music (which is awesome). Hubby, dd and I will be seeing it this afternoon, very excited (in spite of Cruise).

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I'll wait and see the Broadway version which is in this season's line-p of shows at TPAC - TN Performing Arts Center.

Callasin

06-21-2005

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Callasin a private message Print Post    
Cruise is the one thing that has me hesitating to see it. Maybe I will wait until friends have seen it and given me their opinions.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I saw the Broadway version with Constatine from American Idol. I'm just not sure the movie is going to measure up after that! I really enjoyed the Broadway show, but I think it was mostly because of Constatine.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I'm hoping to see this within the week. I'm actually glad I'll be seeing the movie first, because the live/onstage version is always better. I have yet to see the Broadway version, but I WILL see that as well - just not sure when! :-) I've had the soundtrack since it came out, so the hard part will be NOT singing too loudly! LOL

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I saw it but I hate to give reviews-Im not confident about my taste in movies compared to others. I liked it and I thought Tom did a great acting job.Who knew he could sing? I could have done without Julieann Houghs voice-it was too Alvin and The Chipmucks.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Back!! Enjoyed it except that hokey sometimes works better on stage than screen. Tom Cruise did a good job but hardly earth shattering, dozens of other actors could have done a like job. Lakecat, I agree about Hough, she isn't horrible but has a little girl voice. On the other hand I thought Malin Akerman had a WONDERFUL voice and it's too bad she only got the one song. The lead (Diego Boneta) is adorable, I would use different words if he wasn't the same age as my daughters. :-) Russell Brand... way better singer than I was expecting.

Don't want to spoil so won't go into details but a warning to those who haven't seen this on stage. It's corny and often raunchy, supposed to be sophomoric and fun. Nothing that crosses a line (IMO anyway) and actually milder than the stage production I saw. But I just know someone will say how offended they were and surprised we could enjoy it.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Where have I seen Malin Ackerman before? I assume shes not normally a singer? I liked her voice too. And YES,Diego Boneta.....

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Actually Lakecat I just read something the other day that said Malin has actually been lead singer for 2 bands before, during or along with acting full time. She's been in a lot lately: Couple Retreat, Watchmen, 27 Dresses, The Heartbreak Kid.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Callisin, I am the same way....actually...I wont watch anything with Tom....oh well...feel that way about Mel as well....

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Friday, June 15, 2012 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I am surprised that is only pg13 rauchy where they are having the Adam Sandler movie rated R this movie should be rated R too I thought from the begining.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 5:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
re: Tom Cruise. Listen to this: Rich Hall on Tom Cruise It's one of our (my family's) favourite comedy sketches but hadn't heard it in months.

So we are walking out of the movie theatre and my daughter turns to me and says:
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Then he's a rock star, pretty good rock star until he had a crisis of confidence. Then he met a good lookin' woman who taught him how to be a better rock star
Just about swallowed my tongue. RFLOL!!!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
LoL!

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I think I pass on that movie and it look bad to me you usually can tell lol

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Saturday, June 16, 2012 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Rissa, that was hilarious!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 17, 2012 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
15-16M Box Office

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Is that good Ketch?

Saw this tonight because I'm on a business trip and had nothing better to do. I have really mixed feelings about it. I think some Broadway shows just need to be left on Broadway. When I saw this show live, there was an electricity in the air. People dressed up in 80's fashion. There were some funny lines in the show that were missing from the movie, some of the charm and energy was gone. Not to mention Constantine. I understand that he's too old and not cute enough for the lead in the movie, but I still find myself sitting there missing him.

I'm no longer a Tom Cruise fan, so it pains me to say that he was the best thing in the film. He is just so right for this kind of crazy ego-manic type role. I think I would have been bored without him in it.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I'm forgot to scold you for the Chipette comment. I kept expecting to see a furry brown thing appear every time Juliann sang. Is she seriously putting out an album?! WHY?!

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 3:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Brenda, she ALREADY has albums out. I seem to remember that she sings country but haven't heard any of them so not sure.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 5:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Ack Rissa! *bleeding ears* I guess whine and twang works okay in country music?!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'm no longer a Tom Cruise fan, so it pains me to say that he was the best thing in the film. He is just so right for this kind of crazy ego-manic type role. I think I would have been bored without him in it.

I probably would eventually see it on DVD if not for Cruise. He's in it, so I won't.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Just saw this last night. We enjoyed all the music. Then found out the stage production is coming to Las Vegas (will be at the Palazzo or Venetian). I can see this being a venue for rotating headliners (like Chicago 12 years ago at Mandalay Bay).
We're also getting The Book of Mormon (yay!!!) and Spiderman (meh).

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Friday, June 22, 2012 - 6:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
The Broadway version is coming to TPAC this year, so I am waiting for that!

For me this kind of production requires live audience-cast interactive vibes!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
0/10

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: