TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 03, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: People talking during a movie: Archive through April 03, 2012 users admin

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I just saw the Star Wars Movie, I hate when people talk during a movie I had to tell them to stop talking during the movie a few times that is not a time to talk because people are trying to watch the movie.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I agree. people do not care. Went to see We Have to Talk About Kevin and someone answered his phone. I could not believe it. Just talking away during the movie.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, February 12, 2012 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
and what ever happened to theatre ushers. there was a time which THEY were the ones to stop troublemakers from ruining our experience.

come to think of it, IF theaters brought back that kind of usher maybe people like me would be more likely to go to MORE movies.

i hate the groups of teenagers who Loudly talk and laugh /visit thru the whole show. surely an official should be removing them?

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Since the days of megaplexes, ushers are are things of the past! The immmddiate fix is to get up and move. Depending on how regular a customer you are at your local theater, you may get from a half price to a full free ticket. Never hesitate to complain - you are entitled to what yuo paid for!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Sun, I agree about the teens. I've learned to not go to the movies on Friday nights especially just because of that.

Tnt, I never thought about that. Good idea!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Yep. Get up and move -- I've done it many times, even at kid's films with kids that can't be quiet! And yep, don't go on Friday or Saturday nights. Hit the matinee.

I like AMC because they show funny little clips before telling you to turn off your phone, not texting, etc.

Last resort is to go complain to someone who works there. Thankfully I haven't had to do this regarding talking. But I have recarding out of focus or improperly framed films.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
People seem to get ruder every year! Parents have no clue that their kid kicking the back of your chair every ten seconds in the theater is not as delightful for you as it is for him!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Kicking the chair is the other reason I get up and move! I really hate it though, having to gather up my stuff in the dark and then move. I try really hard to choose where we sit carefully so that no one is directly behind or in front of me.

Even worse is when you're at a broadway show in assigned seats. I'll turn around and ask them to stop kicking my chair. Grrr...

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Once, when this kid was kicking my chair and I had asked him (and the parents) to please desist, I went behind them, sat down, and kicked the shit out of the chair until my legs got tired.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Oh very mature, Escapee!!!! LMAO...sounds like something I would do!!! :-)

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I was a teenager at the time. My cake-balls were a lot bigger then.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I have an AMC two blocks from my house. Matinees are no good there. This theater has all the movies teens would not be caught dead seeing. However the seniors love the theater and they talk nonstop. If you go before noon it is 6.00$. But there are so many people talking and talking loud.

last summer we went to see he last Fast film with Vin Disel(hubby picked). It was the only English film playing at a French theater and it was not playing in French. So during the entire film everyone was translating and talking. It was so funny just listening to the translations, I was laughing so hard I was crying. At on point someone said, I understand, they are speaking Spanish because they are in Brazil. I almost choked on my popcorn. hubby refuses to take me back to that theater.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I didn't even think about kicking the chairs I hate that to that why sometimes I sit in the back when you know there are going to be alot of kids in the theater.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 3:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Don't sit in front of Escapee

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 4:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Kids kicking the backs of chairs in the theatre drives me bonkers. I hate it too. I'm the turn around and shoot a death-glare @ the offender and their parents. Or the dramatic loud whisper about 'rude kids'. And if it got intollerable, and didn't stop, I'd switch seats, and THEN complain to management afterwards.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Another benefit to living in a rural area - matinees of movies that have been out a couple weeks generally only have a dozen people or so. I've only been to one movie in the past year where the theater was "full" and that was a special $4 movie Sunday night. It was largely an older crowd, so no kicking of the seats. :-) No talking either- maybe we just have more polite people?

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Isn't that the best, Teachmichigan? If I go on a Monday or Tuesday at a noon showing around here, there are zero kids, and "maybe" 10 or so people. I have to say, a near empty theatre is the BEST setting for the scary movies :-)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL - I went to one movie where I was the only person in the theatre. It was a little surreal and spooky. Then just a minute before the movie started a group of four people came in and sat down.

By the way, I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, February 17, 2012 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I went to see Descendants by myself last weekend (first showing on Sat.) and there were about a dozen people in the theater. It was wonderful! Unfortunately, not once but twice - a group of 3 people came in, sat down, and then realized they were in the wrong theater. One group had two kids and a mom; the other was 3 adults. Do people NOT read or listen to the theater number? Our theater no longer posts movie titles above the doors, but the ticket says the number and the attendants tell you, too. DUH! -- Still, a much better problem to have than someone kicking the seat! :-)

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Friday, February 17, 2012 - 11:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
It's always been a family joke that my husband would get so ingrossed in the movie he would say something to the characters. We would sit down and I would say "Please don't talk to the screen this time" and he would give me a sort of angry embarrassed look. Our kids thought it was a hoot and so did all the people around us. It was usually only once during a movie that he would say "Watch out" or something like that and now it is one of our fondest memories.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, February 18, 2012 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
:-) Sweet story SG!

Gidget

07-28-2002

Saturday, February 18, 2012 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
If we go to the theater, it is usually for an action flick (better on a big screen). And if we hit a matinee just right the theater is at least 80% empty.

But...

They don't adjust the sound. It is set for a theater full of bodies to absorb. When the theater is empty, the only thing absorbing all that sound is my poor, sensitive ears.

I find it difficult to eat my popcorn with my fingers in my ears.

Darrellh

07-21-2004

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Darrellh a private message Print Post    
Way back when, I went to see Jaws with some friends. It had already been out a few weeks. The guy behind us was a repeat watcher who had brought people to see it. Just before a climactic moment happened, he leans over to his friends and whispers (loudly) "This is the part where the head falls out of the boat!"

We moved after that. On our way to new seats, we stood between them and the screen for several minutes. Just because.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
My annoyance at a movie theatre is when the theatre is nearly empty and someone comes in and sits down right in front of me. I mean, couldn't they have sat 1 seat over... they had the entire theatre to chose a place to sit.