TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Avengers

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Movies: The Avengers users admin

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, April 13, 2012 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Premiered last night apparently. Very positive tweet reviews so far (as I expected).

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 28, 2012 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
According to the local theater's website Avengers will be shown in 2D. Fortunately I'm wearing 2D glasses. Also it appears the only other moving being shown at least through the 10th is October Baby. Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Saturday, April 28, 2012 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
one of the ripoff sites had this showing and just in passing i noticed the characters. Wasnt too impressed so i moved on.

am curious how it will do overall. Not sure whether Cpt America movie did well in boxoffice. I saw his character there.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
It's on our must-see list. One of the few films I'll be able to get DH to see. He's not a moviegoer but he enjoys SF/action flicks.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Monday, April 30, 2012 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
Got my ticket today for Sunday to see it. Can't wait to see. I was seeing another movie & it wasn't worth seeing I walk out of it. That when I got my ticket. It almost a 3 hr. movie. love it.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 2:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Not too shabby Be sure to stay for the mid credits teaser.

Darrellh

07-21-2004

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Darrellh a private message Print Post    
Why do I keep thinking of Emma Peel?

Pamy

01-02-2002

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
who was the blonde at the end that saved cap america saved her life? she was a child actress, she was the youngest child on an 80s sitcom, driving me crzy!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
nvrmd, she was fr growing pains

Jewels

09-22-2000

Friday, May 04, 2012 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
Just saw it tonight...LOVED IT! I had only seen the Thor and Captain America movies and didn't feel lost at all. One of the best movies I have seen in a long time. Lots of laugh out loud moments along with all the action.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 05, 2012 - 2:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
There are two extra scenes. The second one is on youtube. Search for The Avengers After Credits Scene. It's 37 seconds long.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Sunday, May 06, 2012 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Box office estimates 200M

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, May 07, 2012 - 3:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
forced myself to watch it. Was bored and soooo tired of the immature quipping/ insulting between characters.

So we are supposed to tell kids not to bully or make fun of other kids but its Okay to have it in a movie?

ya ya i know. kids know its not real.

Thats why its 'okay'?

Rissa

03-19-2006

Monday, May 07, 2012 - 5:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Saw it yesterday with dd and dh. I know this will be a minority opinion but I thought it was just ok. Easy to see the amount of money that went into it and some of the special effects were worth admission on their own (like the alien fish ships). Scarlett's character just annoyed me for some reason. Partly because I have no idea who she is (never read the comics) and partly because every second time she opened her mouth it was to set up her own movie. Yes we get that you have red in your ledger and I am sure you will explain all that in your own film, saying it over and over is not necessary to THIS film. Why is the hulk suddenly a team player? How did Thor know what his brother was up to and get back to earth? And other kinda sloppy plot omissions. It was a fun movie, I just wouldn't call it a good movie.

Without spoiling... about 5 minutes into the movie I turned to hubby and whispered "well, I guess Colby is on her way back to sitcom land" (those who have seen the movie know I was wrong of course). Hubby grunted agreement in the way men do when they really aren't listening at all, then 5 minutes before the END OF THE MOVIE he gets all excited and says "HEY!!! I know who that actress is". Coulda smacked him. LOL

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, May 07, 2012 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Saw it with DH. Mindless fun. Ended up at the 3D show and got a headache. But it was okay for what it was.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Monday, May 07, 2012 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I am with you Jewels love it too, may go see it again with friends who haven't seen it yet.

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 5:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
I was bored. Should have skipped this one.

Beckie03

07-05-2007

Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beckie03 a private message Print Post    
I'm with Jewels and Sheila. It was a great movie. I didn't go there expecting something like the Artist, though. I went there to be entertained and I was.

I'll definitely be seeing it again.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Worth paying extra for 3d or 2d or whatever?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, May 19, 2012 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
DH and I both got headaches from the 3D...

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I got the DVD + 11oz potato chips + 2 ltrs soda + 6pk. microwave popcorn for $16.99 +tax.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Watched in 2D, and loved it. This is my kind of film, so I hope they give us more.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Lycanthrope, apparently we're on the same movie-watching schedule. We saw this mid-week. There is one particular scene that is like the first time you see Indiana Jones shoot the samurai warrior in Raiders - laugh til your ribs ache funny. You'll know it when you see it. Really, REALLY liked this movie. Will watch it again sometime with headphones to catch all the dialogue.

Oh, it does start off slow though. Things don't pick up until about 1/2 hour into the movie. It's worth the wait.

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, November 11, 2012 - 7:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Watched it last night on DirecTV pay-per-view and liked it. I think I got the one scene Goddessatlaw is talking about, very funny. We really liked this movie and probably will catch a blu-ray copy of it. It was actually better than we thought it might be.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 18, 2013 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Apparently Loki will not be in The Avengers 2.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: