TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 26, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Random Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 26, 2012 users admin

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Mictay, I was not that fond of the actress that plays the wife. Something about her is just annoying - however, I thoroughly enjoyed the show so hopefully she will grow on me.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I like the way they started it 10 years after the book ends. They covered all their bases by talking about them being in the witness protection program, had a kid, the secretary and the brother are still together, etc. They really did a great job setting the scene.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Canadian actress Molly Parker plays the wife on the Firm. She also starred on Swingtown.

I like the edginess she brings to her characters. I spent most of the premier ep of the Firm worrying about her getting killed off. I was pretty anxious by the end of the ep, and relieved to see her still there.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I signed up for a free preview of Netflix and immediately found myself immersed in an old favorite show I haven't seen in years--Early Edition. Such a unique idea and I love the look of the show--the sets the lighting, and of course the gorgous Kyle Chandler.

Ritsin

05-06-2005

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ritsin a private message Print Post    
Seems like the comments on The Middle have disappeared.

Last night's show was one of the best - very sweet and funny with also a few tears. The best part was that Sue Heck was finally the big winner! Loved it.

"Mom, are you always sad?"

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
R--I watched and loved last night epi too. Especially Brick and his older brother working on the project together. Lol

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I always love The Middle. It's always tinged with that part at the end that makes you feel emotional and just love the family.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I watched The Middle for the very first time last night. It was okay, kinda cute. I usually love Modern Family, but it's been kinda so-so lately. It was a little better last night. Love Big Bang, but has also been sort of meh, too, lately. Maybe it's just me.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I love The Middle. It's a show that grows on you.

Ritsin

05-06-2005

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 12:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ritsin a private message Print Post    
Heck, it would probably have been more enjoyable for you if you knew some of the back stories. The ever-cheerful Sue that never wins, Sue's relationship with Brad and the lovely Aunt Ginny (RIP Frances Bay). As Smokey said, it is a show that grows on you as you learn to love this family.

BTW, I agree Mondern Family has really gone downhill since the first season. I miss Dylan.

Theowl

09-28-2000

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Theowl a private message Print Post    
New Royal Pains starts tonight on USA.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 18, 2012 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
so I am watching bbc american, Star Trek: the next generation. all through the show I am distracted about when this blonde girl on the bridge is going to be killed, LOL. You know, any new crew member always is the one who dies.

I just think it is funny to be distracted this way, LOL.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, January 20, 2012 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
So Nate Berkus' show hasn't been renewed for next year. Has he given up? Don't think there's been a new show since before the holidays. It is mostly boring. Being on daily, he's lost his "cute" factor. Too much of him.

Queen Latifah, Jeff Probst, Katie Couric and Ricki Lake have daytime shows in the works. I like Katie. Looking forwards to her show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 20, 2012 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Does anybody else watch the HBO animated series
Life and Times of Tim?

They are half way into season 3 right now. Season 1 was laugh-so-hard-stomach-aching funny, but then season 2 wasn't as funny. I think now with season 3, they have their mojo back and have figured out what made us like Tim in season 1.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Friday, January 20, 2012 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I don't have HBO anymore. That show sounds like a good one, Naja.

amazon.com is offering free, for a limited time, a sneak peek plus the full pilot of Smash, starring Katharine McPhee. I just watched it and was quite entertained by it. I liked the musical numbers, and Kat's acting looks natural to me. Debra Messing and Angelica Huston have big roles in it. I believe the television premiere is Feb. 6. NBC has been promoting the heck out of it.

amazon.com/Pilot

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, January 21, 2012 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying the Betty White birthday show. I wish I'd known it was on, I missed the beginning. Maybe it will be on on demand.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 12:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I really enjoy Chelsea Handler's shows "Chelsea Lately" and "After Lately", so I thought I would love her new sitcom "Are you there, Chelsea?"...But it's just awful :-( And that's coming from someone who enjoys most bad sitcoms.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Naja I couldn't agree more, I love Chelsea but this show is just horrible,Its not even stupid funny. I thought Whitney was better.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Is anyone going to try Touch tonight? It's the new Keifer Sutherland show.

MARTIN BOHM (Kiefer Sutherland), is a widower and single father who is haunted by an inability to connect to his emotionally challenged 11-year-old son JAKE (David Mazouz). But when Martin discovers that Jake can predict events before they happen, everything changes. Martin meets social worker CLEA HOPKINS (Gugu Mbatha-Raw) and Professor Arthur Teller (guest star Danny Glover) who may have the keys to help unlock Jake's mind in a special preview of the "Pilot" episode of TOUCH airing Wednesday, Jan. 25 (9:00-10:07 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20120109fox06/#ixzz1kVLI4k6K

It doesn't sound like my thing really, but I'm going to give it a go as there's not much else on tonight. Warning, tonight's episode is 1hr 7minutes long!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I have it set to DVR...I'm not sure it's my thing either...but thought I'd give it a looksie

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It is on my DVR; however, I anxiously await the opinions of my fellow TVCH'ers as to whether or not it will be worth watching this weekend and keeping the season pass.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Apparently this is a "preview" of the pilot. The series is not set to air until March-ish?!
I'm recording it. I'm hope my DVR is smart enough to get all the minutes.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
I'll be watching,love Keifer so i'm looking forward to it.

On a side note all I can think when I hear the name Keifer now is Janelle's mom from teen mom 2 saying Keefaa!!!!

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
Well, I just watched "Touch" and I loved it. It was sort of confusing, but I was out of the room for several minutes. I want to see it again and want to watch more.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Thursday, January 26, 2012 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Anyone know the name of the new show that is about some girl in high school who is offered a job as a fashion editor/ writer?