TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 10, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Walking Dead: Walking Dead TV Show Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 10, 2012 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, and it's not like Shane is the most calm or un-angry person in general. There're going to be some stern words exchanged ;).

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 10:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
starting to really dislike this show. Now we are having a LONNNNGGGGG lost-like Break. When will they realize that the long breaks are causing even more viewers to not bother?

I kinda liked how the show moved at the end. Since the people on the farm saw so few Walkers and they were almost all familiar faces, they didnt seem to understand how dangerous the walkers were.

I thought it was very well done when they were all happily shooting the Walking Families/ friends coming out of the barn but when someone Familiar came out, everyone froze and no one could take the shot.

It really was telling. Because suddenly the walker became 'a person' again..... then the rational mind took over and she got shot before coming close enough to bite anyone.

I got the impression from the well scene and the Drugstore Scene that the Daughter? didnt realize that the walkers were truly dead, you could shot them, break their head off even, chop em in half and they'd still keep coming. That truly changes a person's perspective that the walkers werent "really" dead.

I'm surprised that Hirshell? didnt have a heart attack from shock when his family was being shot up coming out of the Barn.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I dont understand how the child became a zombie and not just food for them! I hope they explain--did she get a bite or two and escape only to turn?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think that or she drank infected water, or something like that. If walkers had caught her she'd most probably have been eaten, like you said.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I think she was bitten and then turned like all the rest of the walkers.

She had a bloody neck and on "Talking Dead", they pointed out that they made her look less gory and more human-looking because they wanted her to be seen as more human when she stepped out of the barn. They also said that she had a chunk missing from the back of her neck (or head) so all the blood from her bite wound flowed down her back, hidden from view as she walked towards them.

ETA- Btw, I highly recommend watching Talking Dead after every episode....it isn't full of spoilers, but it does add details that were not very apparent in the actual episode they talk about. Each Talking Dead episode is centered around the episode that aired that same night. The host always tries to get hints from the TWD creator when he's on the panel, but he NEVER gives up anything!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I rarely watch it live, that's my problem, so can't watch live shows afterwards. Just looked at their website, they have "bonus segments" but not the actual shows, it seems.

http://www.amctv.com/shows/talking-dead/video

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt, can't you just record the Talking Dead show on your TIVO? That's what I do.

The only thing you miss out by watching it later is that you can't call in.....like Alice Cooper did on Sunday! The host was so excited when he realized it was the real Alice Cooper on the phone that he said he got a "nerd erection"! LOL

Oh yeah....his birthday was last week and one of his guests from the WD production gave him Darrel's ear necklace as a gift. He was SO excited.....it was so funny to watch!

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Kitt, do you have On Demand w/ your cable? If so, it looks like you can see the last 3 Talking Dead episodes there.

This last one was the most informative that I've watched, because they had Robert Kirkman on...the guy with all the insight! For those like me who are totally unfamiliar w/ the graphic novel series...he's not only one of the exec producers of the tv show, but he's the creator of the comic series, too.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Kitt, do you have On Demand w/ your cable? If so, it looks like you can see the last 3 Talking Dead episodes there.

This last one was the most informative that I've watched, because they had Robert Kirkman on...the guy with all the insight! For those like me who are totally unfamiliar w/ the graphic novel series...he's not only one of the exec producers of the tv show, but he's the creator of the comic series, too.

Whrlwnd

10-13-2006

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whrlwnd a private message Print Post    
Oh dear, how did I post twice?

Dear Moderators, please feel free to delete one. Thanks.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's on the TV!?!? That changes everything LOL, I thought it was a live online chat show after the broadcast, like they've done for some other shows! .

I checked online and they're not repeating it. No, I don't get On Demand, Whrl. I'm a bozo! I'd have taped it if I'd have realised!

That host, Chris Hardwick, is adorable. He used to do some late night stuff, like Blind Date, that I watched just for him.

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
I just realized last Sunday night that the Talking Dead was on at 10pm Central time so I watched it. It was an hour long & I really enjoyed it.

They had a poll asking viewers to vote (online) for the person they thought was the father of Lori's baby. Rick, Shane or Dale. IMO think it might possibly be Shane.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"It's on the TV!?!? That changes everything LOL, I thought it was a live online chat show after the broadcast, like they've done for some other shows!"

LOL....well that explains your confusion! I couldn't figure out why you couldn't record it!

I just found this and I think they have all the episodes of TD. TD just started this season so there are only a total of 7 episodes...the first 6 eps were 30 min each (on TV with commercials) but the 7th ep was an hour.

It's a bit confusing though....you'll see what I mean when you follow the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyKFgsD82Lo

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, November 29, 2011 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yay! It looks like they're all there so I will work my way through them! Thank you!
:-) :-) :-)

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, November 30, 2011 - 12:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Addicted to Talking dead already, think I'm up to the one for episode five!

WARNING SOME PEOPLE MIGHT THINK OF THE BIT BELOW AS SPOILERS!

Caught something someone discussed here when the show for episode two first aired. The producer/writer guest (whoever he was) kind of suggested two things that intrigued me.

1) when questioned why there were dead people in the cars at the beginning (the highway scene) he said something like there are ways to die, for example with a head injury, where you don't turn into a zombie. It made it seem like if you die of natural causes you could just randomly (or subject to some rule we (I) don't know about) still become zombie.

2) someone asked about blood getting on people when they killed or fought with zombies, and whether this infected them. The guest said something about us finding out later on what, if any, effect getting various fluids on you does to you. That sounded like a very different answer to the one he would have given if the answer was "no, blood is safe."

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, December 02, 2011 - 12:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Finished them! About the timeline, he did say the first season was only measured in days, whereas this second season is longer. I think Rick must have been pretty quick off the mark if the baby is his, but then she has (I presume) only just realised she was pregnant.

Good show, next time I will watch it on tv!!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, December 02, 2011 - 1:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt, did you get distracted by Chris Hardwick's adams apple? I first noticed it in the first or second episode of TD and now I can't stop watching it.

I swear, that thing has a mind of its own!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, December 02, 2011 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
LOL, no, the resolution on the videos wasn't that good, so luckily I managed to avoid that distraction!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Walking Dead marathon on Saturday, starting 11am ET. Should be all of season one then the half of season two we've seen. I think season two starts at 5.30pm ET.

I got season one on dvd for Christmas, but I'm going to tape season two and see if I can get a better idea on the timeline.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 1:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'm finally working my way through the marathon. Just watched the fourth episode of Season 2, and that's when Lori asks Glenn to get her the pregnancy tests, then finds out she is indeed pregnant.

So the timeline so far is:

Day 1
S1E1 Rick wakes up, meets Morgan and son. Morgan says "gas lines have been down for maybe a month."

Day 2
Get guns from Sheriff's office, Rick heads to Atlanta then gets swarmed by walkers and ends up in the tank. S1E2 Glenn and co. get Rick out, after the Merle affair on the roof they use the walker guts to get a truck back to the camp where the others are. S1E3 Rick unites with Shane, Lori and Carl, and Rick and Lori sleep together.

Day 3
S1E4 Go back to Atlanta to get Merle and the guns, but can't find Merle and run into the Vatos gang, whole Glenn kidnapping thing with the nursing home, but head back to camp before dark. Meanwhile walkers attack the camp and several are killed.

Day 4
S1E5 Amy "awakens" after being bitten and Andrea shoots her. Leave for CDC and dump the bitten Jim halfway. At the CDC Jenner tells his blog it's "Day 194 since Wildfire declared" and when the group reaches the CDC, Jenner lets them in. S1E6 Jenner takes blood tests and feeds them and they sleep.

Day 5
Jenner tells them about the virus, says reanimation happens in minutes to nine hours. Says it's 63 days since the disease abruptly went global." And they've been in the dark for about a month. CDC runs out of power, auto-destruct initiates, Jackie chooses to stay with Jenner but Dale makes Andrea leave. Jenner whispers something to Rick. They escape, building explodes.

Day 6 is off camera (break between seasons)

Day 7
S2E1 Ricks leaves message for Morgan saying "we lost another one the day before last, her choice," fixing the timeline. Leave Atlanta, run into the pile up of cars. The walker herd passes by and Sofia runs into the woods. Rick catches up to her but has to leave her to deflect the walkers' attention, then they can't find her. Have to give up the search for the night.

Day 8
More searching, they find the church. They split up and Carl sees the deer with Shane and Rick, then gets shot by Otis. S2E2 Otis takes them back to Hershel, Carl needs an operation so Otis and Shane go for supplies. S2E3 Too many walkers and Shane shoots Otis so he can escape. Carl has the operation, Shane shaves his head.

Day 9
S2E4 Carl is out of danger. Rick tells Hershel "this is day three" referring to how long Sofia has been lost, fixing the timeline again. The walker in the well. Glen and Maggie go to the pharmacy, Lori asks for the pregnancy test and takes it that night, and she's pregnant.

Sooo...

Rick knew nothing about the zombies when he woke up, and Jenner said the virus went global 63 days ago. Assuming everyone would know about it by the time it went global, Rick was shot at least two months before "Day 1" (the day he wakes up).

Rick and Lori sleep together on the night of Day 2, and she thinks she's pregnant by Day 9 seven days later and is far along enough that the test gives a positive result.

Presumably she's taking the test because she's feeling queasy (usually doesn't happen until four weeks in or more) or she's missed her period (only seven days after the first possible post-zombie conception with Rick - very unlikely) although it could be that she's just worried, I suppose. But basically it couldn't have been Rick's baby if it was conceived post-zombie-apocalypse.

Unlikely with that skinny body that she's been pregnant since before Rick was shot, now over 10 weeks ago.

So the baby is Shane's and Lori, Rick and Shane should have little doubt about that.

One more timeline thing: Sofia runs into the woods during the day of Day 7, Otis shoots Carl midday or early afternoon of Day 8. Assuming Otis was the only walker-wrangler, and he'd only have wrangled Sofia after she'd turned (which usually takes hours after a bite), Sofia must have been bitten by (and probably escaped from) a walker almost immediately after Rick left her.

I will bore you all with the rest of the timeline when I watch the last few episodes, just to be complete.

New episodes start February 12th!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Last episodes:

Day 10
S2E5 More searching. Daryl finds Sofia's doll and falls into pond, nearly gets eaten, gets shot by Andrea on way back. Glenn invites Maggie to barn and finds the walkers.

Day 11
S2E6 Carl is up and about. Glenn tells Dale Lori is pregnant and there are walkers in the barn. Dale talks to Hershel, Hershel says keep quiet. Lori asks Glenn to go back to pharmacy to get "morning after pills," Maggie is attacked. Shane and Andrea go on shooting fest at some houses, then have sex on way home. Lori spits out the morning after pills, Rick finds out, asks how long has she known, "days? weeks?" and she says "does it matter?" Lori tells Rick about Shane, he says he knew.

Day 12
S2E7 Glenn tells them about the walkers in the barn. Daryl says he only found the doll two days ago, confirming the timeline. Rick helps Hershel wrangle two walkers. Rick
tells Shane Lori is pregnant and Shane decides to storm the barn so they can stay and be safe. Barnageddon, Sofia shuffles out and is killed.

So if we call the day Rick wakes up Day 1, then Sofia is killed on Day 12. Season 1 was five days and the first half of Season 2 was six days, with a day in between. As well as it not being too difficult to tell if you keep an eye on the stories, they back it up with a few date related comments here and there.

They took a few time liberties here and there, mostly on healing times after injuries, so I probably shouldn't fret about it too much but... how long was Rick meant to be in the hospital alone?? Would the drip bag sustain him after the machine running it was turned off? We know Shane and Lori only got together after she thought Rick was dead, and that was after Shane got back from visiting Rick and shutting him in the room, so if Rick woke up within a few days (and if it wasn't just a few days, how did he survive?) then a) Shane and Lori were pretty quick getting hot and heavy and b) it would have been less than a week between Shane leaving Rick at the hospital (the first possible Shane and Lori hookup) and Day 2, the first Rick and Lori hookup.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
How in the world is the son, Carl, up and about in 3 days after knocking on death's door with such an extensive injury? That's preposterous! Not to mention the Shane and Lori hookup being so quickly after the hospital Rick was got stormed by zombies. I had gotten the impression Shane and Lori had been at it for longer than a few days. I like the show but these things are too far of a reach; they need to do better.

Kitt, this wasn't boring at all, it was interesting and helpful. Thank you for posting it!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Kitt, the way you presented the timeline it sounds perfectly accurate, but it feels like it's been at least a couple or three months since Rick woke up. I assume that's because those 12 days were presented over 13 months in viewing time (between the first ep on Oct 31, 2010 and the last ep that aired on November 27, 2011). Oh yeah....and Carl being up and about without even a twinge so quickly after being gut shot and near death for days didn't make much sense.

Thanks for the help with the timeline! This series needed some context for that. On Talking Dead, they asked the creator about the timeline and he just sort of chuckled and said the characters make a remark once in awhile that pretty much covers it....but he never actually answered the question of how long it's been since Rick woke up. Seems like he forgot that people saw the first 6 eps a YEAR before the last 7 eps started!

Good Job!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was convinced season two (the first half we've seen) was a few weeks at least too, in fact when I was searching for a timeline back when the shows were airing the only one I found online was a short one, and I was sure it was wrong. But the character remarks about the timeline were there like the creator said, and they confirmed the short passage of time that appeared as you watch the days and nights (slowly) go by.

I think why it seemed so long was because it was such a slow paced (half) season, but watching it again so much happened I can hardly believe I thought it was slow paced.

Ahnicka, the Shane-Lori time bugs me too. And when Shane asked Lori if the baby was his he says something like "we were at it quite a bit" which also doesn't seem right if they were just together a few days before Rick reappeared. I can imagine them getting together pretty quickly out of grief and the shock of it all, but that's different to then continuing on in a hot and heavy relationship. But I guess we just have to use the excuse that everyone copes differently. And maybe there was an attraction there already, given that Lori and Rick were having problems. And maybe as Rick'd been in a coma 2+ months Lori had mentally moved on, thinking he would die soon anyway. Just trying to think up excuses ;).

But I don't know how Shane and Lori could have been alone for more than a few days because surely Rick couldn't survive without water more than that. I don't know anything about the drip he was attached to - whether what's in it still slowly goes into the body even without the unit having electricity - but even if it worked that would still only maintain him for a few days surely. I don't think it can be more than a week overall between them leaving Rick and Rick returning. So I think we just have to try not to think about it ;).

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Maybe it's supposed to be that Shane and Lori began sleeping together while Rick was in a coma after he got shot. Maybe it didn't start right after the zombie'ism began but actually sooner? That would make more sense to me and would explain why Shane would be so certain that the child is his.