TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 18, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Big Bang Theory & Young Sheldon: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 18, 2011 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I looked it up, it said Mexico for that jay.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
I was going to say, that was one HUGE Bluejay! We have a lot of them that come into our yard and none of them look quite like that! Thanks for the info. :-)

Rosie

11-12-2003

Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Kitt, you were correct. I did find older episodes on TBS. Thanks again. They are fun to watch.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
We have Magpies here, but they sure aren't as pretty as that one.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
We have Blue Jays here in TX too, but they are smaller and they can be real mean. Not mean to humans, but to other birds...we have birdbaths and bird feeders and when the Blue Jays show up they chase the other birds away.

That was a very cool bird they had on the show.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
We have Steller Jays here in Idaho. Really pretty bird. Little birds usually leave when the Jay shows up at the feed or birdbath. They aren't greedy though, so it is okay.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
When I first moved to California I lived in a hippy-dippy college town which had many outdoor seating restaurants. The blue jays would land on the tables and stare until a diner would give them a piece of bread or a french fry. If the person was too slow, the jay would scold them. Since it isn't exactly hygienic to have birds sitting on their tables, the owners tried many ways to discourage the birds. The only one that I remember working was one that had a light weight netting over the entire patio.

There was never a problem with other birds. The pigeons and wrens would be happy to clean the pavement around the tables after people had gone, but the blue jays were relentless in their bold quest for food.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I believe you. At one time I had a birdfeeder attached to the kitchen window and when it became empty, the Jay would peck at the window. I moved it.

Holly

07-21-2001

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Wrong thread :-)

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Several years ago I trained a scrub jay to sit on my finger for a peanut. He got to well trained that he'd sit on anyone's finger for a peanut. It was such a thrill.

SCRUB JAY--------------------------STELLER JAY

Calamity

10-18-2001

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Oh I'd forgotten...what was the final scene for this last episode? (You know how the show appears to wrap up, it goes to commercial, and then it comes back for a quick final scene before the credits?) My dog always seems to think she just has to go out right at that last commercial break so I miss the final scene pretty often. (I've tried taking her out before the show starts and she just looks at me.) Thanks.

Blue Jays are very forward, lol. They love peanuts, especially whole ones still in the shell, and I've had some impatient blue jays take the nuts right from the seed bucket while I'm filling the feeders. And I've also seen them deliberate over which peanut to take. They'll pick one up and hold it, then drop it and pick another up. We figure they're trying to get the heaviest peanuts.

One thing about blue jays being noisy is that they serve as alarms for other birds. If they spot a hawk or some other threat, they'll make a ruckus that alerts all the other birds and wildlife in the vicinity. They also tell everyone when the feeders are being filled!

Kitt: Yeah, that seems to be a quirk of many bird books - even though Mexico is part of North America most NA field guides don't include birds from there. I guess it's for practical reasons. You're just not that likely to see a Black-throated Magpie Jay at your feeder and there's only so much space in the books. But I do have at least a couple books with them. One is for New World birds and the other shows birds from different climate regions.

P.S. I don't think I ever thanked you for explaining pizza crusts for me, so...thanks :-) .

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
A really funny thing about the jays is how they 'bury' their peanuts in trees. I think the way they store their food must mean they have a bit of squirrel in them.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Calamity, I think the final scene was Leonard & Penny walking up the stairs discussing how awful the were with each other. There was some potential sexual tension going on too. But, being that I'm awful at explaining things, I'm going to leave the dialogue to someone who remembers the scene better than me.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Oh thanks, Gurliegirl. I'm glad they dealt with that.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Then Leonard walked in and Sheldon announced he was going to be a mommy, and uncovered a nest with an egg in it.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Merrysea!

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
Everything about this episode was funny!!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Poor Stuart, funny Stuart, poor Stuart.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, November 17, 2011 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
"Who do you love?"
"Penny"

"Who do you love?"
"Penny"

"Who do you love?"
"Penny"

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, November 18, 2011 - 2:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I just went through the blooper/gag reels for all the BBT seasons on YouTube. Quite funny.

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Friday, November 18, 2011 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
When Sheldon revealed his 31-page Girlfriend Agreement:

Amy: That's so romantic.
Sheldon: Mutual indemnification always is.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, November 18, 2011 - 7:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I felt so bad for Stuart. But this was an adorable episode. Loved it.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, November 18, 2011 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
agree, but I was hoping for Sheldon to cross over.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, November 18, 2011 - 7:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I have a feeling that when it happens, and it will happen someday, Sheldon will realize how wonderful it is and he'll be insatiable. Anyone else agree?

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, November 18, 2011 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I hope so, that would be hysterical!