TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 24, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Person Of Interest: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 24, 2012 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
(Help! Listening but can't understand what everybody is talking about!)

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
That certainly is an interesting theory SanFran! Yes, it seems impossible that a computer could detect the nuances of human behavior that a human could. Maybe the computer spits out all the associations and connections and then Linus makes the ultimate call on whether they are a threat?

I had to google skynet. LOL Lycan!

Christy358

07-10-2007

Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I do not think the hint is that Linus is really the one spitting out the numbers.

I think the hint is that the computer is becoming self aware. The computer identifies the partner as a threat as he is asking questions about the computer.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was curious about the meaning of that conversation too, it was obviously put there to make us wonder, particularly as it was hinted at in the flashbacks too. And I'm still pondering on it.

At the end, when Ingram's number came up, did it come up in the present or back in 2005 when the NSA/CIA were after him?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The scene showing that a threat level had been attached to Ingram seemed (to me) to be the tail end of that 2005 flashback scene, not set in the present.

Also, when "the machine" targets someone, it's always left open as to whether or not said target is about to commit an act of violence or become the victim of violence.

Does it always say "threat" when it spits out a number...or was that "threat" designation new?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, January 15, 2012 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know if the threat is usually there, but if it isn't it could be old rather than "new." It might be that they originally thought it would just spew out bad guys, "threats," and then with time they realised it spewed out victims as well. It might even be why Finch started getting more involved in the numbers (and possibly vetoes them) - he might have found out if he gave them all to the NSA then innocent people got locked up, so maybe he filtered them into obviously terrorists which he gave to the NSA, and unsures which he investigated himself, or with Reese.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 1:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I thought that he said it spit out the numbers of the bad guys, but he created a back door to let it spit out the numbers of people who were going to be involved in a violent crime. He just did not know how involved.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Maybe Skynet, HAL 9000, or The Machine is mining data from Facebook.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
In the computer shots, the threat is labeled "relevant" or non-relevant. I assumed that meant terrorist or not.

It also shows the level of threat, for example, on the guy they gave to Carter, the little white box around his face changed to having red dots around it, and the threat line then read (in red) "violence imminent". He was also labeled "non-relevant", which again I assume means non-terrorist.

When Finch was watching the video of Weeks (the FBI guy they give the numbers too) talk to Ingram (Finch's partner), the computer labeled Weeks "threat to system", and Finch nodded and said "I know, I know." So I don't think Finch IS the computer, I do think because it is all his programming, it is closely tied to his way of thinking, however.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Sorry Brenda for leaving ya hanging, I just simply said, just when I think this show cant get any better it does!!!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 20, 2012 - 11:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Loved last night's show. I really like the little moments of subtle humor. And also the complexity of the Finch/Reese relationship. Finch saves Reese's life, but hides things from him. And Reese is investigating Finch to see what he's hiding. Yet Finch seems to know Reese is looking too, but doesn't call him on it.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Friday, January 20, 2012 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
I loved the scene when Reese was telling the lawyer about his boss and work conditions!!!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, January 20, 2012 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
thoroughly enjoyed last night too - (kept me up late yet again since i cant wait til the weekend to see what happens)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 20, 2012 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Mictay, that was funny. And even funnier when Finch chuckled about it. :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, January 20, 2012 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The scene where Reese is telling the attorney about his working conditions was freaking hilarious!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, January 20, 2012 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I loved that scene too. Love this show.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, January 22, 2012 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Normally anything that is not realistic is of no interest to me. Sifi, paranormal, futuristic, etc., etc. just doesn't do it for me. I love this show! I didn't watch from the beginning. Probably have seen the last four episodes?

Any explanation early on about how the characters are connected?

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, January 22, 2012 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Color, from what I recall Finch "found" Reese and recruited him. Reese was on a subway, was jumped, and beat the crap out of the guys that jumped him. He was in the police station, a very lost soul, all dirty and unshaven, like a bum. Finch sent someone to bail him out, made him an offer for the job which Reese refused. So Finch played a little trick on him: put him in a nice hotel room and through the door Reese could hear what sounded like a murder going on. Reese broke through the door to try and help, only it was just a recording. Finch said something like: you can help me prevent things like this.

That's how I remember it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 22, 2012 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm guesing that a number (one of the subway mob) that brought Finch's attention to Reese.

By the time he bailed him out, he knew quite a bit about him. And he knew he needed someone with Reese's 'talents' to help him prevent murders.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, January 22, 2012 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
What's the connection with Carter, the female NYPD? Something on Thursday's episode about her tracking Reese before he and Finch got together? And Reese has separate connection with male NYPD? The female and male NYPD work together, but each don't know the other has a connection to Reese? And Thursday night Finch and the son of character from previous week (actor Brett Cullen) were together. Cullen's character is now dead. What's that about?

Or are we just learning about that now? I love this show.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, January 22, 2012 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The female detective had Reese at the police station, knew he must have been from special forces because of how he fought off the muggers. She ran his prints and made all kinds of hits, but Reese was sprung and out of the station before she got to question him further and she's been looking for him ever since.

Reese and Finch blackmailed the male cop. He's a dirty cop and now he's doing favors for them in return for a little help they gave him in another case. They wanted him to keep an eye on the lady cop.

If you can find the past episodes, they are certainly worth watching!
We are just now learning about this son character and don't fully know the deal between Finch and his deceased partner.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, January 22, 2012 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Brenda and Kar.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
The male detective is named Lionel Fusco, and he was a dirty cop, but he is in the process of redeeming himself...a second chance, if you will...he hasn't done dirty since Finch and Reese recruited him, in fact he's done a lot of good...

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Lionel was grouped with other dirty cops who killed anyone who got in their way of their corruption - but i think Reese saw that Lionel was not the "killer" that the others were and also that he needed some help on the inside, so after taking care of the other bad cops (was it the second episode?) he scared Lionel straight -so to speak... and Lionel has been a big help - plus is scared enough of Reese not to push things too much either...

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Scared Straight is a great way to describe it.