TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 01, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 01, 2012 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 1:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree.. they are letting so many be irrational.. like maybe it was therapeutic for Teddy to go over and over but please not in MY surgery, and would the former chief really be working over Korev like that, in the middle of THAT surgery, and for heaven's sake can the personal stuff, Bailey, in surgery.

But the sweet moments were.. sweet!

And the symphonic background music too.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
To me, all of last night's episode was an incredible mess. They went from such a high lat week to such a thrown together low last night. I was totally disappointed. The only good parts (to me) had Zola in them. She's a doll and it's awesome to see Meredith happy and smily and not dark and twisty. Hopefully next week will be much better than last night.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
This show is so inconsistent. It's frustrating to me when characters are so irrational.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I hear ya Jimmer!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I actually liked this episode. I thought the scenes with Bailey were funny and showed how deeply she is wired (although I did find it irrational that they would pull Meredith out of the surgery but I guess she wasn't on either of the teams since she didn't have a colored cap on). Teddy's scenes with Christina were brutal, especially for Christina, but Sandra Oh was absolutely brilliant in them (sorry, the girl deserves an Emmy for the last 3 episodes). The last scene where Teddy has internally processed it all, gone over it in her head again and again (I think she was visualizing herself doing the surgery and needed to hear it out loud until she finally came to terms with the fact that there was absolutely nothing that she could have done differently that would have resulted in a different outcome for Henry) and when she finally realized that she wouldn't have been able to save him either she finally had to come to the final and full realization that he was dead...it was wrenching (although I wouldn't have liked to have been the patients she was operating on because I didn't get the impression that she was focusing at all). I love that Kepner spoke up and tried to get her to stop by the way.

I think what the Chief did to Korev is exactly what probably happens in these kinds of surgeries and Korev fell for it not only once but twice! Korev likes to pretend that he's so tough but he's really a softy...he will need to grow a thicker skin if he wants to be competitive in that world.

I thought Arizona and Callie's scenes were hilarious...especially at the end when Callie showed Arizona just how out of control she had been.

And the end when the absolutely cute beyond words Zola walked and Derek missed filming it...who hasn't that happened to?

I'm not an over-analyzer. I am able to suspend reality to enjoy myself in a show, and I don't feel the need to examine every aspect of it to decide whether it was logical...that's just the way I am (and to be honest I actually watched it twice because my daughter didn't watch it in real time and she wanted me to sit with her while she watched it - far be it for me to pass up the opportunity to hang out with my 14-year old who usually is upstairs scyping with her boyfriend...LOL!). Was it the best episode ever...no (still hard to skip blowing up Kyle)...but I still enjoyed it, and those darned babies were so cute!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
It bothers me that Bailey doesn't have contact with her son much. I realize that surgeons are hard-wired to their profession, but a mother's love is deeper wired, I think. Although, we saw how Meredith Gray's mother abandoned her for her career, only to have her father abandon her right back.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think Bailey is one of those people who likes to keep her life compartmentalized...she doesn't bring her son into the workplace and she doesn't like to take the workplace home with her. We don't know, do we, whehter Tuck lives with her or her ex-husband, or whether he splits his time between the two of them...it would be nice to see him at some point back in her atmosphere though.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I am so like you watching this show and so many others.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I can enjoy and gripe at the same time.. they aren't mutually exclusive!

Yes I like seeing both Derek and Meredith melt over Zola.. with me melting right along with them. And I love them watching the video.. "she's grown!" LOL.. when she's right there!

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Ugh... Why can't they let Christina have some happiness. So tired of it. The only redeeming part of the show last night was the "chief's" interaction with his wife and singing My Funny Valentine. That made me go all weepy.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 30, 2012 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Must have been a repeat of the last one.. that was a touching moment for sure.

Watching2

07-07-2001

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 12:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
Yep, it was a repeat. I was surprised they did that so soon. At least I got to watch Project Runway at the regular time, though. lol

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I didn't think it was a repeat. The website said new.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It's been a weird month. New shows, repeats, new shows, repeats...very annoying.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
This show had to be new, it showed Teddy dealing with the hubby's death by doing non-stop surgeries, Christina was by her side helping swipe surgeries from other doctors, The chief's 10000 surgery, Adele showing up all confused, Zolas 1st birthday and Owen and Christina imploding at the party.

From how it appeared, Owen and Christina are finished. That was what I was commenting on, that Christina was never going to be happy/stable.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Were you watching it on your DVR?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Episode shown on Jan. 26 was "Suddenly" which originally aired on Jan. 5. Pretty sure I've seen promos for new episode tomorrow evening.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Terolyn, the show that you saw last week was the show we saw a week before (I think). I know my machine did not record an episode last week because it does not record any Grey's Anatomy other than "first run." Sometimes different areas show different shows...perhaps there was something in your area the week before that didn't allow them to show the original episode.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Here it was shown originally on January 5, then shown again last week.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
It was "Hope for the Hopeless" air date 1/19. I watched it online.

"Suddenly" was the one where Teddy kept grilling Christina about the surgery where her husband dies.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Hope for the Hopeless
Season 8 | Episode 12 | Aired 01/19/2012
Richard's 10,000th surgery is a liver transplant for two sisters; Derek and Lexie take on a case that had been declared inoperable; Teddy and Cristina try to swipe a case from Alex and Dr. McQueen; Meredith tries to choose a specialty.

This Magic Moment
Season 8 | Episode 11 | Aired 01/12/2012
The doctors form two teams to operate on conjoined twins; Bailey uses Meredith as a buffer between her and Ben; Alex learns a tough lesson; Teddy asks Cristina about Henry's surgery.

Suddenly
Season 8 | Episode 10 | Aired 01/05/2012
The eldest daughter of a family involved in a car crash must make a difficult decision; Teddy asks Cristina to help with an O.R. patient; Lexie works with Mark's new girlfriend during a surgery.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Back to the original subject at hand, I'm not sure it is Christina's fate to ever be happy and I'm not sure that she really wants to be. She is so driven and so intense and so controlling that she would be a hard sell to any reasonable person...LOL!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
IA Roxip. And as her husband said-"It always has to be about her and what she wants."

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well, he's also pretty intense doing what he wants as well.. Meredith just seems to be able to take the sweet moments with Christina and privide them too but with Christina you don't get to direct her course. She was brought back from the brink, but that wasn't Owen's doing..

I think Owen is about himself and so is Christin.

And tonight Thursday IS new, but won't be bringing the plot forward, so it seems.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Hate to burst your bubble Seamonkey, but it's only Wednesday. Show's on tomorrow. The good news: It's Revenge night.