TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 29, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 29, 2012 users admin

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I need to start spelling her name correctly. Alicia not Alisha.
Sorry Alicia.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It's okay, Lazylu. We don't grade on spelling around here.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom. Thank goodness

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Another great episode last night. It seems like Alica & Kalinda are starting the healing process.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
This show has the best writers of any TV show. You never know which direction the story line is going.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I do love this show. It really is well written, well acted! Love, love, love Carrie Preston. Hope they can bring her in more often. Maybe now that she's Will's attorney, they will!

Wouldn't it be awesome if they wrote a small scene into the show where Will's attorney brings her husband or BF to an event, and it's Michael Emerson! That would be beyond awesome!!!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Julianna was on CBS This Morning today. She was kinda stammering about storylines. Telling some things, but faltering, not making sense. Then she said she didn't want to know storylines munch in advance. Sounds like there will be some surprises this season? All in all, interview wasn't very good.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Ok, wait a minute...is her name on the show really Carrie Preston? Do the writers have anything to do with Sex & the City? Or is that the actresses name?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That's the actress's name, Gurliegirl. She also plays a waittress on True Blood and is married to Michael Emerson in real life. Ironically, she played his mother once on an episode of Lost!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Gurliegirl, the character on Sex and the City was Carrie Bradshaw, (not Preston).

I was so glad to see Preston back on The Good Wife. The first time she was on I thought her character brought some real fun to the show and I was hoping she'd be back.

I loved the way it only took her a couple of minutes to get under Wendy Scott Carter's skin...both of them appear so sweet and unassuming as they move in for the kill. She is the perfect foil for that syrupy sweet viper, Wendy Scott Carter.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
but if she married John Preston (Mr. Big) that would make her Carrie Preston. I think that is the point Gurliegirl was making.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"but if she married John Preston (Mr. Big) that would make her Carrie Preston."

Wow! Thank you...I never knew that! I watched the whole S&TC series on HBO (except for the second movie) and I don't remember ever hearing his full name! At first, I figured "Mr Big" was just a nickname for him because he was a "big shot", but I eventually decided that "Big" must've been his last name. I never knew his name was John Preston! I guess I just spaced on it when it was first revealed because they pretty much only used the nickname (Big) and not his actual name throughout the series.

Ya learn something new every day!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
You had to see the movie.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
You mean they really never revealed his full name until the movie? (Btw, I saw the first movie but not the second one.)

Redpen

07-24-2003

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Alan Cumming married his partner, Grant Shaffer, for the second time Sat. night in NYC. They first entered a civil union in 2007 in England.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Congratulations, Alan and Grant!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, January 09, 2012 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
They revealed his first name in the final seconds of the last episode of the TV show. They revealed his full name, John James Preston, in the first few minutes of the first movie.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 1:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Gurliegirl!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Congrats, Alan Cumming! I just love him to bits. If you hear him talk in real life, he has the most charming Scottish (I think) brogue. He's such a stellar actor. You never hear a trace of that accent when he's on-screen and speaking "American." Kalinda, on the other hand, has a British accent that slips out every now and then. DH blames the director for not catching that.

Holly

07-21-2001

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
Yes, he's Scottish.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 4:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I thought Sunday show had a bad ending did they win the case I thought they did when they showd the pictures but they didn't showd how it played out.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
They were suing the firm for "alienation of affection", claiming the firm caused the couple's marriage to break up....but those pictures showed that the husband was still sleeping around, proving that their marriage ended because of the husband's philandering and that it wasn't the fault of Lockhart and Gardner.

When those pictures were revealed, the couple's case was dead in the water.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, January 19, 2012 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
can't wait to see what that 'goofy' lawyer will do to defend Will. I like her.

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Sunday, January 29, 2012 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
validate your parking

BAHAHAHAHA!! I 'bout died when Peter said that!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, January 29, 2012 - 9:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Did I understand right -- show is not going to be back until February 19?