TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 12, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 12, 2012 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 11, 2011 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
No, it wouldn't have been any better.. unfortunately, or fortunately, I suppose.

I mean, I assume they had rules out non-surgical treatments earlier.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, November 11, 2011 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
That's correct. They said the tumor had engulfed (dissolved?) the pulmonary artery, so there was no saving him. Even if they had not done the surgery, he would have survived only a few more weeks.

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Friday, November 11, 2011 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Thanks all!

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, November 11, 2011 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I think they used the word "eroded" about the tumor and pulmonary artery. It stuck with me because I had a car that had the break lines rust and erode right into the fuel line. I saw the tumor as doing something like that.

So sad. I loved Henry. And the acting done by Sandra Oh, just with her silhouette in the window, when she found out who she'd just operated on, was Emmy worthy, for sure.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Friday, November 11, 2011 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Does Sandra Oh get anywhere near the accolades she deserves on this show? She needs to have Emmy after Emmy on her mantle. She is amazing, and IMHO the best actor (male or female) on this show. I don't think anyone could do Christina's complicated multi-layered character any better.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, November 11, 2011 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Smokey, thanks for helping. I knew I didn't have the right word, but couldn't remember it! :-)

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, November 12, 2011 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I had a friend die three years ago this coming January from basically the same situation. In his case they did open his chest but discovered there was no way to remove the tumor as it had basically consumed the pulmonary artery, it had invaded so much of the artery that there was no way to patch it. They did not attempt to remove it and closed him. It gave us a couple of days to say our goodbyes and he passed on.

Chitchat58

07-25-2008

Saturday, November 12, 2011 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chitchat58 a private message Print Post    
I was disturbed by the lack of emotion Christina showed when she thought the person she was operating on was just any joe blow. It's a sad state if surgeons really feel this way about the patients they have no connection to. I hope real doctors don't do this, it could be scary.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Sunday, November 13, 2011 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I think Christina takes the impersonal to a higher level than the other Drs. This is one of the things they were trying to teach her. However Teddy was trying to use this detachment to her husbands advantage as she thought Christina would be much calmer if she did not know the patient and really thought it was just "one more patient"

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Why don't they writers blog anymore?

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Friday, December 02, 2011 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Grey's Anatomy Exclusive: Derek and Addison Reunite, But There's a Twist – And It Is a Doozy!

Grey’s Anatomy is pulling a Fringe.

In a February 2012 sweeps episode, the docs at Seattle Grace will be making their rounds in an alternate reality, as the ABC drama ponders the provocative question, “What if things had been different — very different.”

Specifically, Meredith imagines what life would’ve been like had her late mother Ellis never had Alzheimer’s, a traumatic situation that shaped Mer into the dark-and-twisty wife and MD she is today.

<snip>

http://www.tvline.com/2011/12/greys-anatomy-season-8-spoiler-addison-derek/

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
It seems like forever. I think tonight's rerun was that last new show from weeks ago. Next week is finally a new show. I don't like the December / holiday hiatus.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, December 30, 2011 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It has been a long dry spell between shows, hasn't it? But at least I've managed to get some oddball stuff done around the house!

Connies

03-11-2010

Friday, December 30, 2011 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
That is funny Roxip, I was just telling a friend the other day how much I am getting done around the house with all these blasted repeats!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, December 30, 2011 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I have cleaned out my pantry...PAINTED the inside (it was hunter green - things got lost in it), bought (or been given) plastic containers to keep the buggies out and my DD gave me a labelmaker (at my request - yes, I'm officially weird) for Christmas and I have been a labelling fool! I blame all of this on the labelmaker...it caused me to do the painting and the organizing...LOL!

Snee

06-26-2001

Friday, December 30, 2011 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snee a private message Print Post    
i got a labelmaker too! i'm labeling the HECK outta everything!

Rslover

11-19-2002

Wednesday, January 04, 2012 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
You guys are funny.

TOMORROW!!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
TODAY! You should get one...they are addictive...and you can buy labels is such pretty colors.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Okay, I will admit it...I cried at the end of tonight's show. Such a tragic, beautiful episode...it might be the best one I've seen in a while (of course it could also be that we've been in the Christmas break for so long that I'm just gonna love just about any new episode out!). Honestly though, I thought it was a really good episode.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Me too! **sniff sniff**

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, January 06, 2012 - 1:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I watched the last episode last night and then the new one tonight and I certainly shed tears.

I think it WAS a beautiful and tragic episode and I loved the end too.

Mom2lexi

05-16-2011

Friday, January 06, 2012 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mom2lexi a private message Print Post    
It was so engrossing, I didn't notice I had gone 2 miles on the treadmill! I got off it just in time to bawl over the ending!

Snee

06-26-2001

Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 12:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snee a private message Print Post    
sad tears, happy tears--all kinds of tears!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Do not miss tonight's show. It is intense!! There are some sweet moments, too.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 11:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I did not care for Bailey's story line at all. I muted my t.v. every time she came on. The story line is stupid.