TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 11, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Once Upon a Time: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 11, 2012 users admin

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
While my memory isn't all that good, I seem to remember that in the version read to me as a child the evil queen had the huntsman killed when the mirror told her that Snow White was still the fairest in the land.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
That could be, too. I hope he comes back in some magical way. though.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 22, 2011 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
what is OUAT? TIA.

ETA: Never mind I just got it, LOL.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
New Episodes begin Jan 8th.

Spoiler Alert:
http://www.tvovermind.com/once-upon-a-time-abc/once-upon-a-time-episode-8-photo-preview/113137

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, December 28, 2011 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Terolyn! :-)

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Friday, December 30, 2011 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
That is so interesting. I cannot wait.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 12:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
There's a marathon on Sunday, think it starts at 2, shows three shows then breaks for a few hours before showing the last couple. I've been wanting to watch and have the dvr set up to record it, but...all they're playing is 5 episodes. Is that all there has been?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I looked at the ABC web site and there have been 7 episodes. Maybe they're going to show the other two on another night? Here's the list:

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/once-upon-a-time/episode-guide

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, January 02, 2012 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Just watched my first epi, the pilot, and really liked it.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 3:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
We watched most of them, think we have one left. Yep, really liked it! Totally fun show and it's been fun trying to match up the fairy tales with their modern day counterparts. Little Red Riding Hood (in her low cut shirts and short shorts) has Caleb hooked and Kota and my nieces got all into the princess storylines.

Just one little question. I've always heard of King Midas in realtion to Greek Mythology, not fairy tales...have I missed something? Kind of wondering if they're going to mix in mythology with the fairy tales, which would only have me more hooked, lol.

Oh, oh, and can someone tell me who the doctor is? The one from the hospital, not the therapist (Jiminey Cricket.) We haven't been able to figure him out yet.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, January 03, 2012 - 4:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
His name is Storybrooke is Dr. Whale, but as far as I know he has not appeared in any flashback scenes.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Saturday, January 07, 2012 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Watched the marathon. Fell in love. I really like the fact that the show is carried by women. Refreshing.

Midas is from mythology and I applaude the writers blending in this aspect. Took some real imagination.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, January 08, 2012 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I like that they're bringing in characters that aren't strictly fairy tale. Gives them a little more range to choose from.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Nobody watched this? I thought it was an interesting episode. Now I'm not sure whether Mr. Gold/Rumplestiltskin is good or evil.

And is it just me or does anyone else stare at the Mayor's lipstick? I'm a straight person, but her lips fascinate me for some reason. I have a friend who's really into makeup, and she has the same fixation. She thinks it's Chanel.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I didn't even know it was on? I must have totally missed it.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
LOL Babyjaxmom -- her lips are so perfectly dark red/wine and her teeth perfectly white, I'm not sure a person could help but look at her mouth! I notice she has a scar on her upper lip, just left of center as we look at her.

I think I need to revisit the Rumplestiltskin fable because I'm not sure who or what he even does (other than what they've shown us on this show). And yes, it's hard to know who's side he's on. I want to believe he's against the queen, but that doesn't mean he's on the "good" side even if he is apposed to her.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It's kind of amusing to me because the actor playing Rumpelstiltskin had the same kind of role on Stargate Universe. You couldn't tell if he was good or not. :-)

Scout

01-19-2005

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Karuuna - it is funny how he seems to really love getting into his character. This one even more so than Stargate, I think, since he has a lot more to work with. I don't remember the whole Rumplestiltskin fable, but from last night's episode, you could see why he might not care much for the aristocracy. Interesting to see why/how he became what he did.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Jimsky dahlink, we can watch full eps online here in Canada, via CTV:

http://shows.ctv.ca/OnceUponATime.aspx#clip597253

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Scout, I agree that the last epi *almost* made him sympathetic, until he set up the fire...

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I wonder WHY everyone is so scared of him in 'realtime', if they have no memories of their 'other' lives? I mean the MAYOR is the MAYOR, and I can see why folks might be scared of her political powers even if they don't remember her as a witch. But WHY are they collectively scared of Mr. Gold?

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche - just guessing here, but while they don't have memories, they all do seem to have feelings about characters they knew. Like Snow feeling love towards Prince Charming (or whatever their names are in current times). Maybe the fear of Rumpelstiltskin just carries over to Mr. Gold, too. Or maybe, it's just because he's so creepy.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Mr. Gold is the richest man in town. He owns most of the buildings. He is like Mr. Potter in It's a Wonderful Life. Evil, greedy and powerful because he is evil and greedy.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
This episode let us in on something I didn't expect....for the most part, the characters are all black and white, good or evil. The queen is evil and so is the magic mirror man because he so willingly does her evil bidding, and I always thought of old Rumpy as pure evil....until now.

Now we know that Rumpy started out as a good guy...maybe a bit of a loser but he was definitely a loving father who wanted to protect his son. We were just clued in on the fact that he was a good man that was corrupted by the power he stole from The Dark One. Old Rumpy just did the only thing he could think of to save his son but, of course, the power he gained had a big price - it corrupted him and filled him with evil. I'm thinking there is still a part of him that's inherently good....the fire he started was dangerous and could've killed innocent people (Emma) but he did it with the right intentions. It seemed to me like he tried to do something good (helping Emma and her son) but he could only accomplish it in a dangerous, evil way.

Rumpy now comes across to me as a complex and much more interesting character because he has more than just one side to his personality.....he has (or had) a good heart but it's currently inhabited by evil.

Like the previous Dark One, Old Rumpy will eventually want to give up that power so he can be rid of the corruption and evil that came with it. Maybe he'll finally do that once he has beaten the queen at her own game by allowing Snow White's daughter to win the struggle between good and evil.....and once again find happiness with her Prince Charming.

Curlyq

07-10-2002

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Curlyq a private message Print Post    
I'm glad this episode didn't have as depressing an ending as previous ones had. For a while there I couldn't figure out why I kept watching this show when it always seemed to end on a low note. The boy summed it up perfectly when he said evil always wins because good has to play fair. Glad this episode dealt with that problem, or at least acknowledged it.

I don't know if there's any good left in Gold, though I get that he had hoped to use his powers for good in the beginning. They are dark powers after all. I think he underestimated the effect they'd have on him. And since his character was questionable to begin with, and since the only good thing in his life was his son and he was given reason to doubt that the boy was ever really his, there may be nothing good left in him at this point.

I didn't realize the story of Midas was a myth. I remember reading it as a child in one of my storybooks, or perhaps it was a schoolbook.

As for the mayor, I don't know about her lipstick, but I love her office! I just love black and white.