TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 01, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Sci-Fi Show Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 01, 2012 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 12:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Wargod, it airs again on the 7th, 9th, 10th 11th, 13th and 16th!

Check your local schedule because a lot of those showing are scheduled at weird times like 8am or 2 am.

It was a good episode!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 12:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Oh, thank you Sanfran! I just set it up to record the one coming on at 1am tonight.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, December 12, 2011 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Anyone catch "Neverland" mini-series? Wasn't sure what it was when we put it on the DVR. Turned out it's a "prequel" to the Peter Pan story. Well done. If it's repeated or on Netflix, we recommend it.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, December 19, 2011 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I finally watched "Neverland" and liked it very much. It was a very good story that was well told and well acted.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, December 19, 2011 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
My son recorded this and said it was good. I've been waiting until I have some time to sit down and watch it.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Sunday, December 25, 2011 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Merlin is on from now until 3 in the morning on SyFy. O glorious day!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Primeval wrapped up it's season a few weeks ago, and I just caught up over the holiday weekend. Very interesting, and the last scene with Matt and Matt...what was that? Was that him from a different timeline or was it his subconcious telling him to get back to his own time. But if he changed the timeline, then his time would be completely different. Or maybe by changing the future he created a parallel universe?? Next season won't come soon enough for me.

New show on SciFi starting in a few nights called "Three Inches". A dude can move any object 3 inches with his mind. I'm gonna watch the pilot and go from there. Thursday night, check listings.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think something messed up in time during the explosion, and the Matt who was in there somehow split into two, one who survived in the current timeline and one who went to a different time. That's my theory anyway ;). Either that or it's a future Matt telling him he still need to fix things, but I tend to think it's more than that because when he came out of the explosion someone remarked something like "how could anyone survive that," so I think something funny's going on.

Three inches sounds curious.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
There's a series pilot on SyFy called Three Inches--it's starting right now. It feels like Being Human in tone. Apparently it didn't get picked up, so SyFy is just airing the pilot for the hell of it.

Three Inches

Whoami

08-02-2001

Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Watching Three Inches now. Even though that article says the pilot wasn't picked up, my DVR allowed me to set it up as a series recording, rather than just a single showing (like movies and such). Interesting.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Thursday, December 29, 2011 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Ah,it didn't even hold my interest for more than 15 minutes. Wasn't in the mood I guess.

In other news Sanctuary is on all day tomorrow on Syfy.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, December 30, 2011 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I liked Three Inches. It was great to see Spike again and I thought the main character was extremely likable.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, December 30, 2011 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I read an article in the local paper saying that "Three Inches" was shelved when Syfy decided to produce the more serious "Alphas" instead. That makes sense...both plots are about groups of young people with some sort of super power, but "Three Inches" seemed a bit more fun/less serious than "Alphas".

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Friday, December 30, 2011 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Tomorrow at 9am SyFy is starting it's Twilight Zone marathon, if anyone's interested.

:-)

http://www.themarysue.com/twilight-zone-marathon/

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, December 30, 2011 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I watch at least a dozen of those old Twilight Zone episodes everytime SyFy runs them. They never get old.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, December 30, 2011 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I just sit and wait for the Billy Mumy one where he sends the adults away. Love it!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, December 30, 2011 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Mamie, that's a classic.

I also like the one where the kids jump in their pool and end up in a world away from their divorcing, hateful parents...the one where the old man and his dog drown and the man is tempted to enter Hell before finally finding Heaven...any episode with Burgess Meredith...the one where the family escapes nuclear war on a spaceship and they head to the 3rd planet from our sun...the Adam and Eve one...the Jack Klugman pool shark one...the ageless Cleopatra actress one...I could go on but I'm tired...

Riviere

09-09-2000

Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 3:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Riviere a private message Print Post    
"It's A Good Life" indeed ~ unless you make little Anthony mad! As a child that episode freaked me out. Then again, my hubby is still terrified of the 'flying monkeys' and he won't watch "Wizard of Oz"...

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 3:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Right there with your hubby, Riviere! I've seen Wizard of Oz in its entirity one time cuz I can't get past that part. There's just something twisted, freaky, and terrifying about flying monkeys.

Riviere

09-09-2000

Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 3:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Riviere a private message Print Post    
Too funny!!! That must be the scariest thing after all, because I collect humor T-shirts and one in wicked witch green proclaims:
One more word and I'm calling in the Flying Monkeys...
Didn't buy it, of course, might be viewed as a form of spouse abuse?!?

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 4:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
LOL, Darren's been threatening to get that t-shirt since he saw it somewhere or other! That and a weeping angel (Doctor Who and the weeping angels rank right up there with the flying monkeys in terrifying!)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, December 31, 2011 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Love it!

The thing that bothers me about the kids swimming to the other world is the little girl's voice. It's obviously dubbed by an older woman trying to sound like a little girl. Oh and that episode made me afraid of pool drains when I was little.

Burgess Meredith and the books! And the one where the woman is lying in bed with her face all wrapped and she is unwrapped and they find her hideous and they all have strange (what I like to call Joan Rivers plastic surgery) faces. And the wonderful "there's a man on the wing!"

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 2:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Sherlock the tv series is back tomorrow/today in the UK. The BBCA website mentions the series but doesn't say when they're showing it, but hopefully it will be soon. Here's their article on it:

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2011/12/hands-up-who-wants-to-know-about-sherlock-season-two/

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
"Lost Girl" is about to start airing on SyFy. It's apparently aired elswhere for about 3 seasons, but I have no idea where. If anyone has seen this, could you give a non-spoiler assessment? Worth watching, or not so much??? I have to think it's at least a little watchable since it's lasted 3 seasons somewhere...

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, January 01, 2012 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Seems like it's a Canadian series, currently showing season two in Canada?? This is what thefutoncritic says about it (not spoilery):

Anna Silk (The Ghost Whisperer) stars as seductress Bo, a Succubus (a powerful female entity in folklore) who feeds off sexual energy. Raised by human parents, Bo had no reason to believe she was anything other than the girl next door - until she "drained" her first boyfriend to death.

In the premiere episode, Bo discovers she is one of the Fae, creatures of legend who pass as humans while secretly feeding off them. Faced with choosing between an allegiance to the Dark or Light Fae clans, Bo takes the middle path between the human and Fae worlds while embarking on a mission to unlock the secrets of her origin.

www.thefutoncritic.com

As it's on right before Being Human it might be worth a shot.