TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 14, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Person Of Interest: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 14, 2012 users admin

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, December 16, 2011 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I have already voted for this show, Criminal Minds and Keith Urban.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, December 17, 2011 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Voted - thanks for the link !!!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
You can still vote if you haven't yet.

Repeat scheduled for tonight, and a NEW episode next week!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Thanks... voted again !

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I just went to try to vote, and every category says voting has closed. Sad!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I just voted a few more times.

The other categories are closed and have been for weeks, but new TV drama is still open.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 05, 2012 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Okay, thanks for that clarification, Karuuna! I just voted.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Good voting! PofI won best new tv drama!

New episode tonight!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 12, 2012 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
YAY for PofI winning best new TV drama!!! I'm so excited for a new episode tonight. I can't wait.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I Person of Interest. Great show last night and I loved it when Finch called Carter right when she arrested that guy and said "this is what we do." LOL

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
it was a GREAT episode - i knew the super was not the bad guy!!!

Mictay

09-29-2006

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
I agree great episode last night!!!!

And I got excited because Taraji P. Henson retweeted my tweet about the show!!! LOL I know who cares!!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I got the biggest kick when Finch told Reese that the super was telling the truth about his life in Florida re: the homes, the hot wife, etc.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Mictay -- what was your tweet. Do share!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Mictay, I think that's very exciting! That's a big deal to be retweeted by somebody famous. I care!

Sometimes I get confused about the flashbacks and the current stuff. DH never watched Lost, so he asked me, did he have the limp on Lost? Um, no. It's called acting. Did he seriously think Michael Emerson has a limp and a stiff neck, but when they show the flashbacks to 2005 and he's completely healthy that he's acting the healthy part?! D'oh!

I think his partner who helped him develop the machine is going to turn out to be a bad guy and that's why he got killed. Can't stop seeing him as Goodwin from Lost!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
If you watched closely during the last scene with Finch and his partner, the computer identifies the partner as "a threat" in type on the lower right of the screen. I often miss these messages, so I've been pausing my playback to read them.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Oh, yeah! I did see that, but had forgotten about it. Yup, he's a threat all right!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Friday, January 13, 2012 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
he's a threat to the computer program (he said something the program considered as a threat to the computer's life/existence).
does the computer spit out his number to the government as a terroist???

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I love this show so much! After Lost ended, I had such a hard time finding another show that I couldn't wait to watch on a weekly basis.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I really like it too.

And I find myself reminding myself to pay attention to the graphics on the screen. I think we are growing numb to them -- ignoring logos and scrolls that run across the bottom of so many shows. We have trained ourselves to tune out those "pop ups". But on this show, the graphics are telling us things -- like what year it is. I had to rewind a bit this week because I didn't pay attention to the graphic telling us it was a prior year and I thought "he's jogging with that bad leg??"
And I caught the name at the end, but couldn't remember if it was the partner or not. Yeah, I think something bad happens with the partner. Maybe that's how he gets the limp?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I like it too! Didn't watch in the beginning. Wish I had.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
All the shows are available at CBS.com if you want to catch up.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I'm surprised no one is mentioning what Reese said to Finch towards the end.

As they walk away from that apartment building, Finch explains to Reese how Trask was in witness protection and how he ended up in NY and his wife in Boca Raton....and then there was this exchange:

Reese - "How did you find all that out?"

Finch - "I'm good with computers."

[Reese seems to express a sudden look of clarity, as if a final puzzle piece was just put in place]

Reese - "Be honest Finch. There is no machine, is there? It's just you. <pause> I'll be ready when the next number comes."

Finch - "Funny you should mention that."

Then they cut to the final scene with Finch talking to Ingram (a flashback to 2005)...at the end of that scene there was this exchange:

Ingram - "You talk about that thing like it's alive."

Finch - "Shhhh. It can hear you."

--------------------------

I'm thinking that the actual electronic machine just gathers all kinds of data, but it's Finch that puts it all together and decides which situation (and which social security number) needs to be looked into a bit deeper, not "the machine".

It's just a theory prompted by that exchange between Finch and Reese near the end of the episode (around the 52 minute mark.) Maybe I'm considering this because the one thing that always bothered me about this show was the notion that "the machine" could analyze all that data and then make all the assumptions and leaps of logic required to connect the dots to figure out how real human beings might react using nothing but data mined by computers and cameras . Human beings are a crapshoot....they react differently to similar situations.....it seems to me that it would take a human being to understand human beings.

It just makes a lot more sense to me that the generator of "the number" would be a person, not just a piece of technology that cannot understand fear or love or hate or greed or any of the other gazillion things that motivate human beings in everything they do.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
"The Machine" could be the predecessor to SkyNet

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, January 14, 2012 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
LOL