TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 13, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 13, 2011 users admin

Christy358

07-10-2007

Monday, December 05, 2011 - 12:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I understand why Will and Alicia had to break up. However, I do not understand why SHE was the one to do it? What was HER motivation?

And in real life, even if he was thinking of it, the second she said it, he would have put up a fight.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Monday, December 05, 2011 - 12:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Also, I knew Grace was not in real trouble because Alicia broke apart. Real trouble would have had Kalinda being turned to in spite of personal feelings.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, December 05, 2011 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Why? Because of her kids / family. She may give Canning's offer some consideration. I don't like Will. So much so that the character is turning me off the actor.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, December 05, 2011 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I so like Michael J Fox as the 'weasel' lawyer, I mean his interaction with Alicia is quite funny, she wants to be mad at him but can only express a mild frustration and things seem to pass as 'no big deal' between the two of them.

About the break-up, it was funny (for me) to hear Diane tell Will "You did the right thing", I guess she didn't understand it was actually Alicia who told Will to end it and Will couldn't know quite what to reply to Diane and so just nodded...

Anyway, this episode finally brought back the meaning of the title "The Good Wife" (did they read my comments here??? eh, eh...

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, December 05, 2011 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I agree with Colordeagua as to why she broke up with Will who I cannot stand. Maybe she will go back to Peter. I hope she does not give Cannings offer any consideration. He is such a weasel. LOL

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, December 05, 2011 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Eewww I hope she doesn't go back to that cheating <self moderated> she was married to. Why would she? For the kids? That never works out. He not only cheated multiple times with many different women, he publicly humiliated her. If she goes back with Peter, she deserves the heartbreak that will be sure to follow.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, December 05, 2011 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I guess it is up to the writers whether she goes back to Peter.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, December 05, 2011 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Why does she have to go back to anyone?

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, December 05, 2011 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
She doesn't. She could get along just fine without either one of them. IMO

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, December 05, 2011 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
It was great seeing Jennifer Carpenter in something other than "Dexter". I think this is the first time I've ever seen her in a role besides Dexter's sister, Deb!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, December 05, 2011 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Shoot, Sanfran, she was in something we watched not too long ago and I can't remember what the heck it was. It was something older cuz she was younger. Argh, that's going to drive me nuts.

Oh, ok, went to look it up on imdb...White Chicks was what it was.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I was so happy with the writing of this episode. They finally have their groove back. I still FF through Wendy Scott-Carr. Can't stand that storyline.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Maybe if they end the Will/Alicia thing, Wendy Scott-Carr will go away. She is a good actress. She does smarmy really well.

I don't think Alicia will go back to Peter. I think she realized she needs to be more present for her kids rather than sneaking around with Will. Felt sorry for Will, but I think she's doing the right thing by putting her kids first. They won't be home that much longer before they'll be off to college. Teenagers don't think they need a mom, but they really do.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, December 12, 2011 - 7:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Uh BJM, looks like she's not going away. She's actually after Peter. That' B-word! Good for Will for not talking though. Ugh, I hope she gets hit by a train.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, December 12, 2011 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
You have to admit, Gurliegirl, that Anika Noni Rose is a good actress to have us all hating her so much. She plays it so cool and unflappable, too. Can't wait to see her go up against Peter. Peter will eat her alive. Loved when he confronted the snotty school principal, even if what he did was illegal. I loved it cause he did it for his kids and for Alicia.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Monday, December 12, 2011 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
But wow, was his hair bad in that scene!! It distracted me.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, December 12, 2011 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I didn't notice Peter's hair.
I hope Will tells Peter that Wendy is after him. That would be a lot of good will on Will's from Peter.
I also hope Kalinda and Alisha can become friendly again.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, December 12, 2011 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Chris Noth plays a great bad guy as Peter. All smiles and charming when first meeting the principle, then killer when 'convincing' her that she needs to accept his kids. Love him! (I never noticed his hair because the performance was chilling)

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, December 12, 2011 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I didn't notice the hair either. And, yes BJM, she is a good actress. But so good that I cannot stand to listen to her. That soft, smug voice and the delivery of her lines just grates on my every nerve. Isn't that funny?

And, he did great with the principal. Loved it. And hopefully he'll have the opportunity to confront WSC as well. They've finally improved storylines. :-)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, December 12, 2011 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Good for Will for not talking though.

My thought was that anything that impacts Peter, impacts Alicia. Will would want to protect Alicia from the scandal more than help Peter.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, December 12, 2011 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Yes, definitely a better episode last night and Diane wanting to make Alicia her partner, wonder what are the real reasons.. to keep her away from Will? Mmmm maybe she just now discovered Alicia 'has it!!".
I wonder if the judge was just waiting for Diane to tell him he befriended one of the jurors to call it a mistrial, (he couldn't have been that dumb), he did that maybe on purpose since he seemed to be on Diane's side. Then he was intimidated by the 'she devil', or was he? Then Will playing basketball and very nicely kept out of the courtroom as if he's fighting his own demons. Was there really something between Peter and Will in the past that could incriminate Peter or Will? So many questions, they keep us hanging...

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Diane wasn't wanting to make Alicia HER partner, she was suggesting Alicia go down the partner track at the firm. Become a partner, not be her partner in crime. It would actually have Alicia and Will interacting more due to firm business. Could be interesting.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Diane also let it be known that Alisha's family should come second to the job it she wants to become a partner in the firm.
I hope Alisha does not go to the other firm. I don't like the MJ Fox character.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Alicia would never leave Lockhart Gardner. Even if she did, it would only be a plot device and wouldn't last long. Diane and Will are too big a part of the show. I've loved Christine Baranski since she was on Cybill.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I loved her in Chicago too.