TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 21, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Game of Thrones: Archive through July 21, 2011 users admin

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, June 06, 2011 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
lol@Prince Charming and Jaimie!

Nerovh

06-12-2005

Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nerovh a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha! The Nellie Olsen pics are just priceless.

Gemma120in2002

07-05-2003

Monday, June 13, 2011 - 3:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gemma120in2002 a private message Print Post    
I can't wait for next week! I can't wait to see what happens with Dani. I wasn't expecting the seneschal of the Night's Watch to be the sole surviving male of House Targaryen! That was a surprise.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, June 13, 2011 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I tell you what, I am so glad I read the books before watching last night's show. My heart hurt for the Stark family!

July 12th can't get here fast enough, that's when book 5 comes out!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 13, 2011 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just finished the 3rd book and loaded the 4th onto my Kindle. Have to read a couple of other books before I can read the next one. Wouldn't want to finish them too soon anyway.

Marebear

09-27-2002

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marebear a private message Print Post    
I have been watching this series On Demand the past week and love it! I ordered all 4 books for my Kindle and I am 1/4 of the way through the first book.

I thought the series was a bit hard to get into, but by the second one I was hooked.

I love the Joffery/Nellie pic - he is such a snotty brat! I can't wait to see what happens next week - maybe I'll get to the end of the book first :-)

Denecee

09-05-2002

Monday, June 20, 2011 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
The end of season one!! Loved it!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Baby dragons are cute! Glad they didn't burn off her hair like they did in the book!

OMG, how are we going to wait till Spring 2012?!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
for real! I just can't wait to get that 5th book!

Pippin04

10-26-2007

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 - 4:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pippin04 a private message Print Post    
Anyone living in Toronto. It was just annouced that the actors will be a comic con this year. Along with True blood. :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, June 24, 2011 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Natalie Dormer (Anne Boleyn from the Tudors) has been cast as Margaery Tyrell in the 2nd season of GOT:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/06/23/game-of-thrones-casting/

Yay! Loved her and missed her when they killed her off on the Tudors. She'll be great in this show, although I think she might be a little old for the character of Margaery. In the books, isn't Margaery supposed to be about 16?

Kep421

08-11-2001

Monday, June 27, 2011 - 4:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kep421 a private message Print Post    
all the young characters are a bit old for the characters's age in the books. Jon Snow was supposed to be 15, and no way am I thinking Jon in the show is supposed to be 15.

I think even Bran is older on the show...

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, June 27, 2011 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Robb & Jon were supposed to be 15 or 16, Bran was 7 in the book, Sansa was 11, Arya was 9, Joffrey was 13. They aged most of them up for drama. I just don't see how they're going to make Natalie Dormer a teenager, but stranger things have happened on TV. Do love her though.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, July 03, 2011 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just finished the 4th book. At the end of the book, the author wrote a chapter saying the next book would be out the following year (book 4 came out in 2005). Book 5 comes out on 7/12/11. Yikes! That was a long time between books. No wonder the fans were upset!

I'm having withdrawals. Have to wait 9 more days to see what happens and then another 6 or 7 years till the next book? Jeez, I hope not!

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I have a question for everyone....I was looking at Book #1 - it's 891 pages!! That seems very long. Was it fairly easy to plow through? I'm a fast reader, but 891 pages seems very long! THANKS.

Nerovh

06-12-2005

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nerovh a private message Print Post    
Once you get into it, the first book is so interesting that it doesn't seem nearly that long, lol. You always have to read on to find out what's going to happen, it's hard to stop once you start reading.

Jumping_in

08-23-2007

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 3:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jumping_in a private message Print Post    
I watched the first season on HBO and just started reading the first book. I'm really enjoying it. Now I find myself wanting to go back and rewatch the episodes on HBOgo.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 4:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
Thanks Nerovh and Jumping_in! It just seems like such a long book! Maybe I'll try it.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I read on my Kindle, so I never know how many actual pages there are. I'm actually shocked that book 1 was that long. I wanted it to be longer. It's the kind of book that I would get up in the middle of the night to read "just one more chapter." It's written from the point of view of all the characters, so it gets a little confusing at times, especially with all the minor characters. It's hard to keep everybody straight. There's probably a Wikipedia page somewhere, but I was afraid to get spoiled.

Sometimes the chapters will leave you hanging, so I've developed the naughty habit of going to the TOC to see if there's another chapter on that character (especially if it seems like that character might be dead). He takes some really unexpected turns and isn't afraid to kill off the major characters (Ned Stark). It's a great story, but not exactly "light" reading. Once you get into it, you'll forget how thick it is and just want it to keep going! Enjoy, Reenie!

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Babyjax STAY AWAY from Wikipedia. I made that mistake and spoiled the whole season for myself. I was just trying to figure out who was who.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
BJM - I would also read it on my Kindle. I am amazed that no one is complaining about the length! Well, I will be starting it soon. I'm trying to think of a way to have the TOC at my disposal w/o going to Wikipedia.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
You still get the TOC on the Kindle. You just have to "Go To" the TOC. I screwed myself up doing that on my phone, though. I accidentally touched one of the last chapters when I meant to be going to the next page, and now I can't sync my devices anymore. My Kindle thinks that's the farthest page I've read and keeps going to 99%. Argh!!!

Reenie, the reason no one's complaining about the length is that it's a really good book. As soon as you finish it, you'll want to start the 2nd. I had a much harder time getting thru Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (all those Swedish place names! ay yi yi!!).

Frogichik, I already spoiled the whole season for myself by reading the book. The series followed the book pretty faithfully.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Wednesday, July 20, 2011 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
BJM- that's a shame about not being able to sync. No way around that?
Did you call Amazon/Kindle customer service?

Thanks for the info -

Daydreamer

05-30-2008

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 5:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Daydreamer a private message Print Post    
Yay that Peter Dinklage has been nominated for an Emmy award; in both Book #1 and the TV series, his was by far the most interesting character. (I thought he brought Tyrion Lanaster to life -- he had the rudeness, the wit, and the tenderness to a tee.)

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, July 21, 2011 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I have HBO on demand with my cable service. I wanted to watch this show and actually watched a synopsis show and then the first show of the season, last weekend. When I went to go to the next episode, I now see it is not in my on demand. I have Time Warner Cable. I am bummed out and I guess I need to call them and see what's up with this. It looks like a great series.