TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 06, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Sci-Fi Show Discussion: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 06, 2011 users admin

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Cannot wait for Alphas & Warehouse13 (and the last half season of Eureka) to come back.
Being Human returns 2nd week of January!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, November 03, 2011 - 8:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I'm still watching Sanctuary on SyFy, but they fired Agam Darshi (Kate) so I'm a little put off by them right now. W13 has become one of my very favorite shows, and Alphas is unique enough to keep me interested, too.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 12:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
My personal theory is that Amanda Tapping is the one who gets these pretty young girls fired. First Emilie Ullerup who played her daughter Ashley, and now Kate. Both were appealing female leads booted off the show. Just a hunch. I still like the show but haven't caught it yet this season.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 4:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Well, I don't think we should jump from one possible error to blackening a woman's reputation. LOLOL According to Agam's facebook profile she had scheduling issues this year (good for her) so could not commit to the whole season. She is listed as a recurring character, but didn't clarify whether that means 2 or 12 episodes. From what I read, she was at a convention just last week talking about really cool things that happen to Kate in season 4. Even Tapping herself isn't listed as being in anything past Oct. I wish they would either get rid of Will or fix whatever the heck is up with that lip/teeth thing he does. It's beyond annoying, it's downright stomach churning. :-)

PS While waiting for the clubhouse to allow posting again, I found an article in which Emilie says Tapping tried to push for a season 3 return of Ashley.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 8:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I would love for Ashley to come back. That would be awesome.

Rissa, what lip/teeth thing are you talking about? I think he has a much weaker screen presence than the other characters, but never noticed what you're speaking of.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Oh it drives me nuts Lycan. LOL I have never seen anyone else do it. When he is just standing/staring his bottom lip falls forward, not even sure how to describe it but you can see his bottom teeth/gums. It's a silly thing but once you've noticed him doing it, I can't NOT notice it and it's about a dozen times per episode.

Here you go!! Found a bit of video on youtube, I didn't watch the whole thing... just long enough to find an example. Will Zimmerman's lip on YouTube, it's at the 34 second mark.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Friday, November 04, 2011 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Ok, watched the YouTube. Yes he does do that. Hope it does not make me crazy now.

And, the new love interest rings true to me. Helen has lived the same 120 years twice now....

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 4:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Sorry if it does Christy.

ETA: It just might have the makings of a great drinking game. LOL

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I see what you're talking about now, Rissa. When I watch last night's episode, I'll watch for that. I don't think it'll bug me the way it does you, but it will give me some additional laughs...

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, November 05, 2011 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Anybody remember a show from the early 90's called "She-Wolf of London, Love & Curses"?? A friend of mine just gave me the DVD set with this show on it, and I don't remember it at all. If you remember it, could you let me know if it's worth my time to check it out? Most of the reviews I've read have been from fans of the show, which skews them positive, IMO. Thanks.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Well, Bedlam ended up on a weird note. They better have a season 2.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
You can celebrate, Lycanthrope!

'Bedlam' writers 'working on series two'

Published Tuesday, Mar 1 2011, 8:13am EST | By Morgan Jeffery

The co-creator of Sky Living's Bedlam has confirmed that pre-production has begun on a second series.

Neil Jones revealed to SFX that the show's writing team have already started work on new episodes.

"We've got a plan for series two," he explained. "In fact, we're writing episode one of series two at the moment. But it's not yet greenlit and we're keeping our fingers crossed."

Discussing the show's chances of renewal, he added: "It's too early to say at the moment. It seems to be performing really well in terms of ratings."

Jones also claimed that the fifth installment of the paranormal drama's first run is "probably the scariest episode of the series".

"It's a very dark story and totally amps up the scariness factor," he said. "It's really powerful, it's really scary, but it's also really moving."

He added that the six-part series, which stars Theo James and Will Young, will end with "a shocking twist".

"Episode six takes us into what's really been going on in the building [and] what's been happening to the girls that have gone missing over the years," he revealed. "It takes us much deeper into the history of Bedlam."

http://www.digitalspy.com/british-tv/news/a306474/bedlam-writers-working-on-series-two.html

-----------------

Of course, there was no mention of when it will air in the US...

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, November 09, 2011 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I didn't see any "shocking twist", just a weird bald person with a head tattoo and Jed looking freaked.

The missing girls thing was not solved either, just hinted at with the "white van" thing and we saw Molly getting in one at the end. Didn't look scary though, just an ordinary mini-van.

Very glad they're making a second season, or "series", as the Brits call it. That's great news, SanFran...

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Okay, Primeval season premiere was okay. I'm glad we finally get confirmation of what we only suspected before...that Matt is from the future and he's on a mission to save humankind

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, November 14, 2011 - 11:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It's odd that they left that revelation to a new season. Maybe they weren't sure whether it would continue and didn't want to start something they couldn't finish.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 - 2:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I think you're right, Kitt. If they weren't going to get picked up, revealing that would have driven the fans nuts. (at least, it would have me, as I still hate the way Journeyman ended a few years ago) Abby is now his confidant, I suppose, and I wonder how that whole dynamic will play out. Burton seems like a cross between a slimeball and a weird genius...should be a good season.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Sunday, November 27, 2011 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Tonight on SyFy: American Werewolf in London (1981 version) and Drag Me To Hell. Happy times for horror fans!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Sunday, November 27, 2011 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Both good ones! I love the scene on the Moors.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, November 27, 2011 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've had American Werewolf in London set to autotape on my tivo for months now, and it finally found it! I watched the Paris one earlier in the year and it's good, but not as good. I can't remember much of this one but I remember being so scared at the time. Looking forward to it.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It wasn't the one I was thinking of! Can anyone remember a werewolf movie where the guy changes into a werewolf in a square, maybe in New York (but without any bright signs or anything like that)??

Calamity

10-18-2001

Monday, November 28, 2011 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
The Wolfen or The Howling, maybe? I've never seen either of them (or An American Werewolf...) so I don't know.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in on ABC Family tonight at 8:30pm. I've never seen it--looking forward to it!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It might have been The Howling, Calamity, that rings a bell. Don't think I've seen the other one. I'll have to look out for it :-).

The Eureka "Christmas Special" is this week. Tuesday 6th at 8pm, it sounds silly!

As Carter and Blake prepare a Christmas surprise for the kids, a wave of energy sweeps over Eureka, transforming everyone into animated characters.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
It was a fun show, I enjoyed Warehouse 13's Christmas episode a bit more, but a good night of SyFy holiday programming--Eureka, Haven, and Warehouse 13.

Claudia on Warehouse 13 is my hero, not gonna lie. Quick wit and excellent delivery. Can sing well to boot.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 11:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Shoot, Haven was on too? I've got Eureka and Warehouse 13 dvr'd but didn't know about Haven. Hope I can catch that one later.

Claudia is totally fun. Hehe, my boy Caleb (who is 15 and a half now) swears she's his future wife...hot, nerdy girl, just what he likes.